70 replies to this topic

#41 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'd actually bet my house that they will.

They fracking in your area?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#42 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

It's also been 4 games. It will take some time for 5 new forwards to build chemistry with a new team and system, and with each other.

the problem is not the new forwards... except maybe Clowe he looks like a bag of crap.. the new forwards and elias are the only ones who have produced anything in the first 4 games.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#43 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'd take you up on that bet. Neither guy is proven away from their old linemates who are no longer with the team. I almost guarantee one will come back to their old level of production (not sure which), but both is a tough bet to take. I absolutely hope they both kill it though because I happen to be a big fan of each one.

Only place they can go is up!

They fracking in your area?

Que?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#44 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Que?

Hydraulic Fracturing. It's a method of procuring Natural Gas from shale. It has been known to contaminate drinking water to the point of being able to light the stream out of your faucet on fire.

Just wanted to know before I put my name in on that bet. Don't want any asbestos either, sir. :P

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#45 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Que?

no sir you are wrong here.. atleast we have collected 3 points in the 4 game losing streak.. we could be collecting nothing at all.. could definently be worse.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#46 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hydraulic Fracturing. It's a method of procuring Natural Gas from shale. It has been known to contaminate drinking water to the point of being able to light the stream out of your faucet on fire.

Just wanted to know before I put my name in on that bet. Don't want any asbestos either, sir. :P

I need to find something witty to say here, but I always fail.

no sir you are wrong here.. atleast we have collected 3 points in the 4 game losing streak.. we could be collecting nothing at all.. could definently be worse.

Not sure what this has to do with anything I said.  :lol:

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#47 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I need to find something witty to say here, but I always fail.

Not sure what this has to do with anything I said.  :lol:

you said the only place the team can go is up... they can actually get much worse then what theyve been, as weve all seen... was what i was trying to say here boss.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#48 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

you said the only place the team can go is up... they can actually get much worse then what theyve been, as weve all seen... was what i was trying to say here boss.

Ahh.  I was actually talking about Henrique and Zajac.  I don't think they can get any worse.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#49 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Ahh.  I was actually talking about Henrique and Zajac.  I don't think they can get any worse.

ahh i understand now... in that case my god iam right with you on that.. they need to go find their sh!t and get it back together.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#50 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'd still take it if they are. They pay lots of $$$ to drill on your property. lol. And what's a little fire from your faucet, bunch of whiners I say.

#51 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Or they could stay where they are. That is a possibility here, albeit an unfortunate one.

believe-devs.jpg

#52 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I know Zajac is a target because of his contract but I still really like him. He may never put up the point totals of a true "#1 center" but he does a lot of things right to help his line in the offensive zone. Plus, you know you can count on him defensively and to log minutes.

Small sample size alert but so far this year Zajac's had the least favorable zone starts for any forward and has played more at EV, PP, or SH than any forward. As triumph noted, once Henrique gets going, everyone's standard numbers will look a lot better.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#53 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Try watching him objectively. You'll see him cross checking guys in front, giving extra shots in the corners and taking passing lanes. Those are all little things that he's supposed to be doing. He may not be worth 4 million a year but he brings a physicality to the back end that no one else is bringing.

He's doing it now. The problem is, he and Sal are both slow. When they're healthy, they're just fast enough to keep up, and they do the little things right. When they're hurting (which they will be, because their games require them to take a beating), they end up a step slower, and get burned badly. Hopefully, DeBo is smart enough to manage their ice time and maximize their production, but if he doesn't, Volch becomes a traffic cone out there.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#54 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

ahh i understand now... in that case my god iam right with you on that.. they need to go find their sh!t and get it back together.

I have no doubt that they will!

Or they could stay where they are. That is a possibility here, albeit an unfortunate one.

No because if they stay right where they are, they won't be on the team for very long.

I know Zajac is a target because of his contract but I still really like him. He may never put up the point totals of a true "#1 center" but he does a lot of things right to help his line in the offensive zone. Plus, you know you can count on him defensively and to log minutes.

Small sample size alert but so far this year Zajac's had the least favorable zone starts for any forward and has played more at EV, PP, or SH than any forward. As triumph noted, once Henrique gets going, everyone's standard numbers will look a lot better.

I love Travis.  The guy has been great defensively as he usually is.  So he at least still has that.  Henrique was great on the pk last night as well.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#55 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

No because if they stay right where they are, they won't be on the team for very long.

LOL. They're both at the beginning of long-term deals. Where the hell would they go?

believe-devs.jpg

#56 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

LOL. They're both at the beginning of long-term deals. Where the hell would they go?

Buyout.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#57 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Buyout.

We didn't buyout Volch and he's literally part cone (on his mother's side I think). What makes you think we'd EVER buy either of those two out anytime soon?

believe-devs.jpg

#58 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

on top of which we only have one buy out left right now.. neither zajac or henrique are going anywhere BELIEVE me..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#59 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Zajac and Henrique are/will be core players for a long time. There's no fracking way they go anywhere.

Now that that's out of my system. Someone said something about Gionta getting too much ice time. No one skates harder than GIonta, he makes so many hustle plays every time he is on the ice. I want to see more Jo. I think he has the talent of a top 6 forward honestly. I thought this was going to be his year to start getting some regular ice time, and they havent dressed him once. Scratch Clowe, he's been awful.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#60 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

You guys have been ripping on Volchenkov in the GDT, but you don't pay attention to the really useless players: the Zs: Zubrus, Zajac, and, to a lesser extent, Zidlicky. Zidlicky gave up the puck for no good reason twice in the first 10 minutes tonight, but at least he goes and attacks and does something. The other two fellas, with big contracts, skate about every night and do NOTHING. Nothing.

Scream for their head instead.

Agreed. This team is filled with B squaders and some of them are over payed.
Is what it is.
We lost our super stars, those days are gone.

I miss Parise. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users