36 replies to this topic

#1 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

This absolutely deserves a discussion, this 19 years old made a name for himself last night around the league

http://kuklaskorner....-for-the-sharks

the 4th goal is one of the best thing i've seen (especially since it's against the Rangers)

Edited by SterioDesign, 09 October 2013 - 08:01 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#2 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

This absolutely deserves a discussion, this 19 years old made a name for himself last night around the league

http://kuklaskorner....-for-the-sharks

the 4th goal is one of the best thing i've seen (especially since it's on the Queen

It was on Biron. Still amazing though. The kid has a ton of skill for sure.

oKCiNj.jpg

#3 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,409 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

It was on Biron. Still amazing though. The kid has a ton of skill for sure.

ah damn you're right he got pulled after the 4th goal. I was so focusing on Hertl i didnt really pay attention on the goalie lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#4 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

That last goal was so dirty. He was just trolling all over the rags.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#5 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

To pull off that move in the shootout is hard enough...but at full speed on a breakaway during actual game play is amazing.

https://www.youtube....h?v=9ovyv3lo8dI

Posted Image

#6 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'm surprised one of the Rangers goons didn't line him up at some point after that 4th goal because although that goal was sick, it was showboating at its best. You best believe that other teams have taken notice and this guy is gonna get pummeled at some point.  I love the skill, but at 7-2, rubbing it in your opponent's faces is hardly classy...(unless its the Rangers).

#7 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

I'm surprised one of the Rangers goons didn't line him up at some point after that 4th goal because although that goal was sick, it was showboating at its best. You best believe that other teams have taken notice and this guy is gonna get pummeled at some point.  I love the skill, but at 7-2, rubbing it in your opponent's faces is hardly classy...(unless its the Rangers).

Disagree to the fullest extent. Here's the way I feel about "running up the score" in pro sports. You don't like it? Stop it. It's not like he was doing this to a pee-wee team, it was to a team that many predicted to be Cup contenders this year, a PRO team. And they just get manhandled by a kid.

oKCiNj.jpg

#8 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

That 4th goal is all kinds of dirty.  Love it.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#9 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

The sting from the last two games definitely gets lessened a bit after watching the Rangers get pummeled hilariously to a score of 9-2 and 47 shots against.

#10 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

The sting from the last two games definitely gets lessened a bit after watching the Rangers get pummeled hilariously to a score of 9-2 and 47 shots against.

true, I turned on the rags game after our game and got a good laugh out of it.

#11 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

a 9-2 loss.. well my god. sure am glad that isnt us
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#12 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Totally disagree. Good for him. They weren't doing this to a first-year expansion team in their first week, this was the Rangers. At the end of the day, sports is all about having fun. Not only that, but I'm sure all the NHL marketing big-wigs now have him on their radar. Look out for all the sponsorships to follow.

#13 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

I was at the game.  The 4th goal was probably the prettiest goal I can recall live. The guy is such a smart offensive player and he's in an amazing position on Joe Thornton and Brent Burns's line.  It seems like the last 3 games that line has spent 0 seconds in their own zone.  I loved his post game interview also:

http://sports.yahoo....52971--nhl.html

After the 4th goal i don't remember the sharks putting him back out on the ice.  He only had 11 minutes of ice time in the game.

Stuart also checked Nash and took him out of the game with a concussion most likely (NHL is reviewing the hit).  Rangers were pissed off, Boyle got 4 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct  / roughing trying to get after Stuart for the hit.  Sharks scored on the ensuing power play and the Rangers gave up at that point.  If they were division rivals I imagine something stupid would have happened.  It was a humiliating loss for the Rangers.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#14 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

How come the Devils can never find these prospects?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#15 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

How come the Devils can never find these prospects?

Because they're usually gone before the Devils have a chance to draft them.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#16 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Because they're usually gone before the Devils have a chance to draft them.

You saying Jo-Jo and Tedenby can't match Hertl's 4 goal rookie performance?  Cmon man :doh1:  :whistling: !  :giggle:

#17 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

You saying Jo-Jo and Tedenby can't match Hertl's 4 goal rookie performance?  Cmon man :doh1:  :whistling: !  :giggle:

They can't because DeBoer won't play them.

#18 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

They can't because DeBoer won't play them.

Now, you see Lu-dog? That's why we can't have nice things!

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#19 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

herlsick.gif

Wow!

#20 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

I love the confidence. Hopefully he enjoys his huge production while it lasts. The same thing happened to Tarasenko last season, remember.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users