36 replies to this topic

#21 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Fantastic performance by a very skilled player. 19-years old. I can't help but be impressed. Hertl becomes the first teenager to get 4 since Carson. I devoted a post to his four goal performance. It deserves recognition. Also broke down the porous D by the Rangers. They are having issues adjusting to AV's higher tempo. I can't say I'm surprised. The Sharks have that capability. 

Hertl was selected 17th overall in 2012. So, it's not like he was a top 10 pick. P.S. The Rangers never find those guys either. Good for the kid. His Mom and gf were there. Awesome.

Edited by Derek21, 09 October 2013 - 03:54 PM.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#22 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Wow, that fourth goal was beyond, beyond!

#23 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

LOL, it's never good to give up a goal on a fancy shootout move inside of the game.   If Torts was still there his head would have exploded.

#24 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

The Rangers never find those guys either. Good for the kid. His Mom and gf were there. Awesome.

Stepan I would consider one of those guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#25 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

Stepan I would consider one of those guys. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Step's a nice player. But he's not an elite scorer. He's already the team's best center and a great shorthanded player. Probably their best overall forward. But he has to prove it over 82.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#26 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

So Adam Oates wasnt happy with Hertl and thought it was dissrespectful:

Capitals coach Adam Oates, the former Devils assistant, told reporters in Washington today that he was “upset” about the goal.

“I

think it was a little bit of a mood thing, which I’m sure they talked about, because they didn’t play him after that,” Oates said. “I’m glad the coach did that because this league, it will bite you if you’re not sharp. Don’t disrespect the league. I’m sure it was a rookie mistake.”

:doh1:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#27 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

Oates is a moron.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Oates is from the old school where the kid would have lost some teeth a generation ago for doing that in a blowout.  It's telling that most of the players today don't even blink at that kind of thing.  Unless you do it in the shootout, for some reason there's outrage over fancy moves there (the kid in Ottawa last year holding the puck on his stick for one) when it may actually be the difference in winning a game or not.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

BWPagZPCUAECYr3.png

#30 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thornton's quote (edited):

http://sports.yahoo....36956--nhl.html

(unedited):

http://blogs.theprov...hat-we-learned/

#31 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

So Adam Oates wasnt happy with Hertl and thought it was dissrespectful:

:doh1:

Oh, Oates...there's no room for having that kind of respect when you're trying to win a game...what do you want, for them to bring in some kind of "mercy rule" where once you're up by a couple your goals don't count anymore and you just sit back and play prevent defense!? I've seen games where the score's been run up 6-0 (oh wait, that was against King Nothing last night :w00t: ) and no one bats an eye

CIypgAp.jpg

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#32 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Like to see Tedenby make that move!

#33 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

BWPagZPCUAECYr3.png

My, what a big ehmm ...Guess that why they call him Jumbo Joe.

Seriously.  His comment is hilarious.  How is that the first thing anyone would do if they scored 4 goals in a game?  Good stuff.

Like to see Tedenby make that move!

I'd like to see him play in a game and look like an actual NHL player.  Guy has serious skill, but is just too small (or plays too small) for the NHL.

Posted Image

#34 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

All I have to say is that if you are watching that play you know he was showboating and its not the natural play which woudl have been a deak and going glove. They were blowing the rags out and he has a hat trick at that point, it reminds me of when Mike Powell did a flip during a lacrosse game prior to his shot, no need but when winning and losing isn't at risk, why not.

That being said, usually you don't pull a move like that because right afterward the teams enforcer plows you and the next time you think to do that move you remeber the time you lost 4 teeth...thats my opinion but whatev.

Edited by newarkdev01, 11 October 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#35 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

eh, the other teams enforcer pulls a cheap shot like that, he sits, and gets fined

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#36 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Boomer & Carton talked about Joe's comments today and played this song with it in the background.  Personally I think it should be our new goal song:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=P7gMkiOPSeA

#37 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Updating this, Hertl scored #7 tonight as the Sharks remained perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users