22 replies to this topic

#21 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

People are actually pining over the loss of Clarkson? This might very well be the most fickle group of fans I've ever encountered.

Lest we forget the years of posts about his atrocious skating, seemingly constant diving (followed by the wide eyed "WHAA?" face), and of course...the Clark-a-round.

I liked DC as a player, but I wasnt sad to see him go...especially considering Clowe should be able to replace every facet of his game. Let's hope he find the back of the net soon and gets some confidence.

I'm definitely not. Especially considering he hasn't played a game yet.

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,484 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

People are actually pining over the loss of Clarkson? This might very well be the most fickle group of fans I've ever encountered.

Lest we forget the years of posts about his atrocious skating, seemingly constant diving (followed by the wide eyed "WHAA?" face), and of course...the Clark-a-round.

I liked DC as a player, but I wasnt sad to see him go...especially considering Clowe should be able to replace every facet of his game. Let's hope he find the back of the net soon and gets some confidence.

That used to piss me off to no end about Clarkson.  If he spent half the amount of time practicing his skating instead of constantly diving and having that "Who, me!!?" face right after, he wouldn't spend as much time on his ass and chest on the ice like he did.

#23 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

That used to piss me off to no end about Clarkson.  If he spent half the amount of time practicing his skating instead of constantly diving and having that "Who, me!!?" face right after, he wouldn't spend as much time on his ass and chest on the ice like he did.

I think his skating was fine, he just dove too much, period, lol.

It's just silly how everyone here was posting about how Clarky was terrible and blah blah blah. Now they're bitching about the same thing in Clowe and saying they'd rather have Clarky back?

Well, two options, they were pay Clarky $6M/year or find someone else. Can't be a choice between Clarky scoring 30 goals for <$3M/year or Clowe on his current deal. It's just silly.

People need to give Clowe some time to hit his stride and stop comparing him to a version of Clarkson that doesn't exist anymore. Is he doing worse than Clarky so far? No.

How many goals Clarky has? Oh right, he's still got half his suspension to go....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users