233 replies to this topic

#181 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

He had his hand forced by a certain douchebag, so I'm not going to bury him too much.    But if his read is off on this team I would not be totally surprised.   This did not strike me (post-a$$hole, at least) as a team you could have ANY clear read on.

The on paper team looks good without Kovalchuk even.  4 solid lines that can produce points, and a deep defense.  The problem is, that Deboer isn't playing the right players, and him constantly switching players in and out is hurting the chemistry.  Chemistry isn't needed to win the Cup, but when you have a team with no superstar players, the team is gonna need balance and depth to succeed.  In order to get that, you need chemistry.  The 4 lines become more important than the 12 players.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#182 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Our defense is trash, that's really all there is to say. Can't even get mad anymore, I'm about to stop watching for a few weeks. Can call me a fair weather fan or w.e but I'm not going to watch us replay the same mistakes over and over again.

If we continue to lose like this, and they keep Salvador and Volch playing, I can't in good conscience block out nights of my life to watch this team. Salvador is on the ice everytime the other team scores a game-swinging goal, him being in game after game is stupidity, no other way to say it. I don't care what the locker room thinks of him he doesn't belong on the ice anymore.

Edited by Sneax, 11 October 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#183 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Our defense is trash, that's really all there is to say. Can't even get mad anymore, I'm about to stop watching for a few weeks. Can call me a fair weather fan or w.e but I'm not going to watch us replay the same mistakes over and over again.

If we continue to lose like this, and they keep Salvador and Volch playing, I can't in good conscious block out nights of my life to watch this team. Salvador is on the ice everytime the other team scores a game-swinging goal, him being in game after game is stupidity, no other way to say it. I don't care what the locker room thinks of him he doesn't belong on the ice anymore.

I agree, but hell will freeze over before DeBoer benches Salvador. He loves the guy.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#184 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

I agree, but hell will freeze over before DeBoer benches Salvador. He loves the guy.

I think its up to Lou to move one of Sal or Volch

#185 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

This is the worst team in hockey.
What an enjoyable season this will be.
Weird another blown lead.
FIRE DPB!!!

I miss Parise. 

#186 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I think its up to Lou to move one of Sal or Volch

No one wants either of them.    The guys that are in their roster crunch are either worthless or in the process of being made worthless

#187 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

This is the worst team in hockey.
What an enjoyable season this will be.
Weird another blown lead.
FIRE DPB!!!

whos dpb? honestly its time for you to shut your mouth your a goddamn tool and no one on here likes you if you havent noticed from other threads.. you lack any type of real knowledge all you do is talk out of your ass. Feel free to go find another forum to troll around you bum.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#188 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Salvador has possibly been NJ's best D in the opening 5 games.  This is the guy they signed.  The trouble with Salvador is that he gets dinged up and he becomes awful with all the little nicks, but I've been impressed with how he's played.

Volchenkov on the other hand has just been awful, I have to think the bench is coming soon for him if this keeps up.  He was just bad tonight, Calgary literally used him as a traffic cone on one play, took 2 penalties, only made a couple of nice reads.

Larsson had what I thought was his best game in terms of reads.

Overall the Devils played well-ish at even strength - didn't generate enough scoring, but they managed to cut down on the horrible breakdowns.  Of course their PK wasn't good at all, they couldn't draw power plays, and they made a critical misread late to lose it.

Can't keep losing 1 goal games - they're 0-4 now in 1 goal games, it's not easy to sustain that kind of losing percentage.  They got their break in this game when Ryder scored, but then it got called back on a garbage penalty.  They'll actually get a break (other than some of the weak goals that have been going in) soon enough. 

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#189 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yea Sal and Volch haven't been that bad at all.  The problem is our most important defensemen haven't been playing their best hockey, or in Fayne's case playing any hockey.  Greene, Fayne, and Larsson are the backbone to this defense.  I think overall, our best defenseman has been Zidlicky.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#190 Rogan The Goat

Rogan The Goat

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Yea Sal and Volch haven't been that bad at all. The problem is our most important defensemen haven't been playing their best hockey, or in Fayne's case playing any hockey. Greene, Fayne, and Larsson are the backbone to this defense. I think overall, our best defenseman has been Zidlicky.

I disagree, Green.

Green
Zidlicky
Larson
Harold
Volchenkov
Salvash!t

Salvador needs to leave, he is honestly garbage. I thought the refs blew a win tonight, that's how I'm looking at it.

#191 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Yea Sal and Volch haven't been that bad at all.  The problem is our most important defensemen haven't been playing their best hockey, or in Fayne's case playing any hockey.  Greene, Fayne, and Larsson are the backbone to this defense.  I think overall, our best defenseman has been Zidlicky.

Volch has been beyond horrible, he just has incredible luck, like in the last game where he can make 4 consecutive mistakes, but because he knocks the net off its moorings sliding like a goof, the rebound can't be buried

#192 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

No one wants either of them.    The guys that are in their roster crunch are either worthless or in the process of being made worthless

Lou can make Volch retire and put Sal on LT IR because of a hang nail

#193 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

I disagree, Green.

Green
Zidlicky
Larson
Harold
Volchenkov
Salvash!t

Salvador needs to leave, he is honestly garbage. I thought the refs blew a win tonight, that's how I'm looking at it.

Greene hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been good either.  Zidlicky has done more than Greene so far.  And Salvador hasn't been bad at all.

Volch has been beyond horrible, he just has incredible luck, like in the last game where he can make 4 consecutive mistakes, but because he knocks the net off its moorings sliding like a goof, the rebound can't be buried

I'm can't agree with this assessment.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#194 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Well you have someone who uses the eye test telling you he's awful and someone who uses numbers telling you he's awful, among the bajillion other people saying he's awful.   He's probably awful.

#195 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Well you have someone who uses the eye test telling you he's awful and someone who uses numbers telling you he's awful, among the bajillion other people saying he's awful.   He's probably awful.

What numbers are saying he's awful?  Other posters have actually been saying he's been pretty good.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#196 leeski

leeski

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

Another obligatory "it's only the [insert number] game of the season, they still need time to mesh," post.

#197 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

its funny cause the new forwards seem to be meshing...it's our d-men (from seasons past) that cant get it together

#198 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

What numbers are saying he's awful?  Other posters have actually been saying he's been pretty good.

I don't see anyone anywhere saying he's good and if they do, I seriously question their sanity.

#199 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

meh...even the mighty Pens got their arses wooped by the Panthers tonight,  at least our loses are close, maybe we're over reacting

#200 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

Wow just watched the dvr recording. fvcking furious with that call on Ryder. As soon as I saw him go in the box, I fvcking knew we were getting scored on. fvcking terrible noncalls and blown calls tonight. Worst officiating ive seen in a long time. This d once again lets us down. How many more games do we have to suffer with old and slow as our core??!?!? gg on worst franchise start in history. fvcking so mad right now
Put food on my family

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users