yeah I hope Lou doesnt wait till late December to shake things up

#162 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Here are some positives guys.  Zajac and Henrique had strong games.  Jagr is looking 1000 times better.  The entire Zubrus - Elias - Jagr line has been extremely good as well.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#163 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'd sh!tcan Stevens before DeBoer. Get a real defensive COACH in here. Not just a great player. Gretzky couldn't fvcking coach either

I don't want to jump the gun and judge him on a small sample - especially since we don't see the practices - but I do have my concerns that he is another great player who makes a not so good coach.

Overall I'm still not worried about this team. I think there is still a lot of gelling that has to take place and things to be ironed out. If they are still playing like this into November, I'll worry. They still have time on their side and while I'm not happy with DeBoer at the moment, I'm not ready to call for his head.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#164 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

fvcking refs won it for the flames with that sh!t call on Ryder.

And Stevens you were a great captain but a complete sh!thead of a defensive coach. Blown coverage and sh!tty personnel decisions are your calling card.

I gave the devils five games and they can't hold a fvcking lead for three straight periods.

Sorry CR1976 I know you said this team can't be connected to last years team but when I start seeing the same mistakes, same excuses and same blown leads that we saw from about game 20 of last year until now, I put two and two together.

They better win in winnipeg so help me fvcking god and get that piece of sh!t gionta off the ice before I really explode.

All I'm going to say about this one is I think the DeBoer watch is going to start real soon if this doesn't turn around pretty quickly...especially with Laviolette out there.  Didn't think I'd be saying that so soon, but there it is.

Salvador...there just aren't any words. 

Agree with feisty that I still can't start freaking out YET, but if they lose to Winnipeg and make the same mistakes doing it, the blood pressure is definitely going to rise.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#165 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

I'm still pissed off, and I'm aware of their run and how much they've stunk since say, late February.    It was that bad!   fvcking seriously you have to be joking me.   That's like $8M worth of defenseman and they showed the awareness of David Clarkson lit up on grain alcohol.

#166 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

fire deboer.... NOW!

And hire who, Laviolette? I'd only go for that if Lemaire would come back permanently. Bring back the trap, haters gon hate.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#167 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,244 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

I don't buy this sh!t that Sal can't be benched because he's the captain. I believe Langs was benched once or twice in 10-11 and he's, even to this day, still better than Sal defensively.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#168 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

yeah I hope Lou doesnt wait till late December to shake things up

You'll see youth recalled first. Better and wait until March when he'll deal this trash from a position of strength to contenders. Maybe he'll fleece someone with cup aspirations and a bit of depth for Salvador, jagr or volchenkov. Try to get a 1st somehow maybe shed a contract or two. Trying to save this season is going to look like a dam with 100 holes and one cork to plug it. This team needs to build around youth, team speed and backend skill and it won't happen overnight

#169 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

...especially with Laviolette out there. 

You have got to be kidding.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#170 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,244 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Who else would you suggest? PDB has made some horrible personnel decisions. There's no way Lemaire is coming back and I don't think Lou has the constitution to get behind the bench. Plus Lavi says what we're all thinking:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qVfO6lY9ngM

Edited by CarpathianForest, 11 October 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#171 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

No newbie, I'm not.  I'm not a Laviolette guy myself, but he has had success before.  Hopefully it never comes to that...if DeBoer gets canned, clearly things have gone HORRIBLY wrong. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#172 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

You'll see youth recalled first. Better and wait until March when he'll deal this trash from a position of strength to contenders. Maybe he'll fleece someone with cup aspirations and a bit of depth for Salvador, jagr or volchenkov. Try to get a 1st somehow maybe shed a contract or two. Trying to save this season is going to look like a dam with 100 holes and one cork to plug it. This team needs to build around youth, team speed and backend skill and it won't happen overnight

I think missing the playoffs is NOT in Lou's plan book this year

this team missed last year, if they miss this year, thats a lot of revenue AND it might start that losing attitude in the organization which could last years

#173 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Well, he better get it in the plan because it's on the road to happening

#174 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,244 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Lou's off season was a big splash of signings in his book. He's not having us play to win the McDavid sweepstakes.

#175 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

I don't think they deserved this loss tonight. Pretty tough pill.

#176 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Here's my ideal roster.

CENTERS

Zajac

Henrique

Loktionov

Carter

LEFT WINGS

Elias

Zubrus

Clowe

Olesz

RIGHT WINGS

Jagr

Brunner

Ryder

Bernier

DEFENSEMEN

Greene

Fayne

Larsson

Zidlicky

Volchenkov

Gelinas

GOALIES

Schneider

Brodeur

EXTRA PLAYERS

Gionta

Josefson

Harrold

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#177 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

All I'm going to say about this one is I think the DeBoer watch is going to start real soon if this doesn't turn around pretty quickly...especially with Laviolette out there. Didn't think I'd be saying that so soon, but there it is.

Salvador...there just aren't any words.

Agree with feisty that I still can't start freaking out YET, but if they lose to Winnipeg and make the same mistakes doing it, the blood pressure is definitely going to rise.

I gave the devils five games before I really flip my lid and I have. We should have won in Edmonton and this one and possibly Vancouver as well. At least one of those fvcking games.

I'm waiting for deboer to really show emotion and get pissed off but I feel he is going to make the same excuses tonight and same mystifying personnel decisions for the next game. This whole mr nice guy routine might have run it's course with this team.

If the devils really piss away this season then I will be first to burn an effigy of JVB in championship plaza. Not only did he handicap the team with his financial problems but his insistence of keeping kovy and having Lou give him that ridiculous deal started a cascade of future doom with helping us lose parise as we didn't want two bad contracts, the loss of this years draft pick and then with kovy eventually leaving and Lou scrambling this offseason to fill in the gaps. That huckster can go to hell.

#178 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Well, he better get it in the plan because it's on the road to happening

Agreed.  Something needs to happen.  And soon.

Lou's off season was a big splash of signings in his book. He's not having us play to win the McDavid sweepstakes.

Agreed as well.  Lou doesn't know how to rebuild.  Seriously, he has no idea what rebuilding even means.

I don't think they deserved this loss tonight. Pretty tough pill.

I agree.  I'm probably drinking too much Kool-Aid here, but the only games they deserved to lose were the Pittsburgh and Vancouver games.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#179 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

I gave the devils five games before I really flip my lid and I have. We should have won in Edmonton and this one and possibly Vancouver as well. At least one of those fvcking games.

I'm waiting for deboer to really show emotion and get pissed off but I feel he is going to make the same excuses tonight and same mystifying personnel decisions for the next game. This whole mr nice guy routine might have run it's course with this team.

If the devils really piss away this season then I will be first to burn an effigy of JVB in championship plaza. Not only did he handicap the team with his financial problems but his insistence of keeping kovy and having Lou give him that ridiculous deal started a cascade of future doom with helping us lose parise as we didn't want two bad contracts, the loss of this years draft pick and then with kovy eventually leaving and Lou scrambling this offseason to fill in the gaps. That huckster can go to hell.

JVB as a fan of the team was never in good position to be a good owner.  Fans should never be owners of the team they grew up supporting.  The new owners are actual businessmen who know how to properly handle money.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#180 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

He had his hand forced by a certain douchebag, so I'm not going to bury him too much.    But if his read is off on this team I would not be totally surprised.   This did not strike me (post-a$$hole, at least) as a team you could have ANY clear read on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users