226 replies to this topic

#221 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

I posted this in another thread, but when I see Clowe's numbers from '08-'09 to '11-'12, I almost can't believe he actually did that.  He looks nothing like a guy who can contribute that kind of offense for the Devils. 

He scares me just as much as Zajac and Henrique do.   

If Clowe can stay healthy, he can contribute.  I have no doubts.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#222 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

The most alarming thing is who they've been losing to - mostly non-playoff teams and their crummy backup goalies.  And the fact that effort's clearly gone backward the last two games.

I mean it is a west coast trip and those are usually bad news and it makes sense they'd get worse as they go on. Not that it's an excuse at all, they still shouldn't be 0-6

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#223 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

The most alarming thing is who they've been losing to - mostly non-playoff teams and their crummy backup goalies.  And the fact that effort's clearly gone backward the last two games.

All the teams we played can definitely make the playoffs.  Well maybe not Calgary.

Edmonton just needs to get a real goalie.  They have a very talented forward core, and a better defense with Ferrence leading the way.

Vancouver is still a good team even if they have fallen back a bit.

Winnipeg has all the pieces to be a playoff team.  Good group of forwards, a solid blueline, and Pavelec is a solid goalie.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#224 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

The Devils really miss that momentum changer type of player they had in Kovalchuk, in my opinion. There are no numbers to back it up, especially since Kovalchuk hasn't been great 5-on-5, but the team clearly misses his energy. Now, they look so uninspired, and it seems that there's no one there to lift them up.

Honestly, I'm hoping Tedenby gets a game or two soon, because even he could help put a little jump in this team, even if he's horrible defensively.

#225 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

If Clowe can stay healthy, he can contribute.  I have no doubts.

i would love for him to get traded.. its going to be a long 5 years having to watch this doof every game... wait not every game chances are he will be injured more then he is healthy so maybe it wont be so bad after all.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#226 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

The Devils really miss that momentum changer type of player they had in Kovalchuk, in my opinion. There are no numbers to back it up, especially since Kovalchuk hasn't been great 5-on-5, but the team clearly misses his energy. Now, they look so uninspired, and it seems that there's no one there to lift them up.

Honestly, I'm hoping Tedenby gets a game or two soon, because even he could help put a little jump in this team, even if he's horrible defensively.

Supposedly Tedenby was flying in practice yesterday. I think Gulitti said that Zubrus called him the best player on the ice yesterday. I thought he looked phenomenal in preseason too, worked on different facets of his game and it showed. I hope he can make a difference. He has the speed and skill to be the momentum changer if he can get a few goals in some of the upcoming games. A lot of players on the team like the kid and have been pushing for him to reach the next step for some time now.

#227 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Supposedly Tedenby was flying in practice yesterday. I think Gulitti said that Zubrus called him the best player on the ice yesterday. I thought he looked phenomenal in preseason too, worked on different facets of his game and it showed. I hope he can make a difference. He has the speed and skill to be the momentum changer if he can get a few goals in some of the upcoming games. A lot of players on the team like the kid and have been pushing for him to reach the next step for some time now.

Tedenby has a bit of a reputation to look good in practices and in the preseason only to fail during actual games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users