#121 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

A sad pathetic effort by a sad pathetic hockey club

For the first time Chico sounds really annoyed. Like bitter annoyed (the crowd called that penalty and quips like that)

Even though we were only down 1-0 all game (thank you Schneider) it seemed like they were down 10-0 as there was no forcheck, no sense of urgency, no real scoring chances...I think Gionta had one early in the 3rd, that's all I can remember.

They don't have enough playmaking up front. Clowe is looking like a bust, he is embarrassingly slow and can't create any chances on his own

Zajac doesn't score enough to be a #1 anything. He's a 40 point player per 82 games. That's not a #1 center. Parise carried his sorry ass for some time.

Brunner has disappeared

Jagr has become out best offensive player.

Getting shutout twice in the first 6 games is humiliating

There is just nothing here. No creativity entering the zone, no skill with the puck, no scoring chances...just straight ahead moron caveman hockey. This team feels miles behind others skill wise. They are miss matched and poorly assembled.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#122 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

At least Jagr and Schneider care.  Maybe someone can get the rest of them to. 

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 13 October 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#123 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

this team is done. Losing this uears first round pick which would probably be top 5. Oh the irony
Put food on my family

#124 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

I don't see how anyone could watch that piece of sh!t game we just watched and not think SOMETHING needs to change, but alas we'll probably have to sit through 5 more games just like this one before anything's done.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#125 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

jacques time

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#126 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

If the coach isnt fired after this game he will never be. 

I miss Parise. 

#127 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Looks like the players want to get ride o DeBoer... I admit havent watch a lot a games due to work. But still even sh!tiest team win. IMO theres no way we suck that much the players want to get trid of DeBoer Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#128 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

A sad pathetic effort by a sad pathetic hockey club

For the first time Chico sounds really annoyed. Like bitter annoyed (the crowd called that penalty and quips like that)

Even though we were only down 1-0 all game (thank you Schneider) it seemed like they were down 10-0 as there was no forcheck, no sense of urgency, no real scoring chances...I think Gionta had one early in the 3rd, that's all I can remember.

They don't have enough playmaking up front. Clowe is looking like a bust, he is embarrassingly slow and can't create any chances on his own

Zajac doesn't score enough to be a #1 anything. He's a 40 point player per 82 games. That's not a #1 center. Parise carried his sorry ass for some time.

Brunner has disappeared

Jagr has become out best offensive player.

Getting shutout twice in the first 6 games is humiliating

There is just nothing here. No creativity entering the zone, no skill with the puck, no scoring chances...just straight ahead moron caveman hockey. This team feels miles behind others skill wise. They are miss matched and poorly assembled.

Hard to argue with much here. It is painful watching this team right now. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#129 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

And it's time to kick Stevens to the curb. I know you don't want to embarrass him but who cares at this point. "reassign" him. But there needs to be a real coach behind the bench.

That or do a clean sweep of the entire bench. Get Lemaire...and if he says no get Laviolette.

But this Stevens/Deboer joke has to end

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#130 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

Please, Lou isn't firing DeBoer right now. I think we're all at the point where no one would be upset if it happened, but its not going to so everyone can take a pill on that. Lou will wait until we've lost 10 in a row and then maybe he'll fire this a$$hole.

10-29. That's the run the team is on. He'll probably be fired, the problem is that the replacement is going to be Stevens.

Johnny Mac's run was 9-24 before he got sh!tcanned

Stevens is not going to be the replacement, that's assanine to even think. Lou should be committed if that happens.

Edited by MadDog2020, 13 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#131 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

I don`t get how anyone can ask for Deboer to be fired by Lou. If Lou thought a coaching change was needed as a fix, he`d be laughed at. He should resign as GM before Deboer gets fired. And I am not calling for Lou to be fired exactly, but this is ridiculous. 

It`s one thing to change coaches when you have Brodeur in his prime, Stevens, Niedermayer, Rafalski, Elias, Arnott, Sykora, Gomez etc. But not with this team.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#132 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

I really like Schneider, but I don't see how he wants to stay in NJ with that kind of offensive support. You guys think this is bad? Wait until schneider is (maybe) gone because he doesn't have offensive support.

Good, ship him out for Vanek, bring Kinkaid up. If we're going to finish in last place, might as well give him a shot. Do we really want a guy who wears 35 to honor Mike Richter in net for the next decade? I'm sorry, but this better have been DeBoer's last game.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#133 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Stevens is not going to be the replacement, that's assanine to even think. Lou should be committed if that happens.

Get back to me tomorrow or Tuesday morning if the plane gets in late

#134 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Ryan "Slowe" is a smart player, tough, better then average passer, takes the body goes to the net and protects the puck well. The problem is his total lack of speed. He needs alot of puck support on his line becuase he isn't getting to it to create anything by himself.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 13 October 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#135 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

ok this is rock bottom time

Oh no my friend, there's farther yet to fall.  Just wait and see.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#136 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Before the season started I told a friend of mine that this team is a complete mystery, and it'll either be a crazy success or a disaster of epic proportions. It's only been 6 games, but I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

Apparently you really can't build a team off of old, supporting players and hope that you'll have four 60 goal lines by the end of the year. There needs to be a catalyst for the supporting players, and we simply don't have any. Every single player on this team (including Elias at this point in his career) is painfully mediocre at best, and that just doesn't cut it when there's no player on the team that can create offense without any help.

#137 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

This team will make the playoffs.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#138 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Seems like so long ago that I was excited for the season to start.

It's a maddening team to watch. 

Schneider has stopped 61 out of 66 shots in his last two games.  Beyond that, I'm all out of positives. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#139 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

I didn't even see the 3rd goal because I turned this fvcking flaming piece of garbage off after the empty netter. Apparently Chico was even beside himself. If Chico is giving you sh!t, you fvcking suck.

#140 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Pitiful

As someone pointed our earlier, Jagr and Schneider look like our best players

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users