226 replies to this topic

#141 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

I didn't even see the 3rd goal because I turned this fvcking flaming piece of garbage off after the empty netter. Apparently Chico was even beside himself. If Chico is giving you sh!t, you fvcking suck.

This is the first time in 17 years of broadcasting that Chico has been this snippy and nasty

And I don't blame him

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#142 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

This is the first time in 17 years of broadcasting that Chico has been this snippy and nasty

And I don't blame him

Eh, there was that game where he absolutely destroyed Kovalchuk.    About a month before he got traded here

#143 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I didn't even see the 3rd goal because I turned this fvcking flaming piece of garbage off after the empty netter. Apparently Chico was even beside himself. If Chico is giving you sh!t, you fvcking suck.

And I don't blame him

Neither do I. That was absolute fvcking horsesh!t.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#144 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

This team is hot garbage run by a dogsh!t coach.

#145 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

I turned the game off after the empty netter.  What did he say?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#146 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Larsson won't ever live up to his draft status, but he'll still probably have a long, decent NHL career. Eric Weinrich type perhaps

Zajac is the one I'm worried about. His O has completely dried up

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#147 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

We have no game changers, no real talent outside of Schneider that is hung out to dry 5-6 times a game minimum, and he only gave up 1 goal off a deflection off a defensemen.

The real mistake? Drafting matteau 2 years ago instead of forgoing that pick. This is a lost season, we aren't gnna win and we aren't gonna have anything to show for it afterwards either.

#148 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

I think it was Maddog or DiG that said this, but we're essentially watching the same game, night-in and night-out.  And it's REALLY getting old.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#149 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

I think it was Maddog or DiG that said this, but we're essentially watching the same game, night-in and night-out.  And it's REALLY getting old.

Well, not EXACTLY the same game. They didn't blow a multi-goal lead tonight. But you have to score in order to do that.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#150 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

1st post. This is only six games. 7% of the season - calm down and keep the faith, not necessarily because Deboer is a great coach or our roster is stanley cup caliber, but because the one person in this organization who I have learned to never doubt is Lou. He will not accept a pitiful season and will do something before its too late (He's learned from MacLean).

We have a score by comittee roster and its frustrating when none of the committee produces, but unlike last season they have shown they can put it in the net. Once everything starts to fire (couch powerplay cough) at the same time, this team will start running off wins.

tl;dr: Lou will not accept losing, the Metro division sucks, and Schneider is good enough to steal games.

#151 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Maybe now certain people will realize there's a problem here since we couldn't have POSSIBLY won CORSI or Fenwick tonight.

Well, not EXACTLY the same game. They didn't blow a multi-goal lead tonight. But you have to score in order to do that.

Well it's certainly one of two games...either blowing a huge lead or making some s***ty backup look good.  In Edmonton we managed to do both at the same time.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#152 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Once Tri pops in to tell us all that what we're all seeing isn't really happening, the thread will be complete.

I do remain hopeful, but man it's getting to be difficult.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#153 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Pitiful

As someone pointed our earlier, Jagr and Schneider look like our best players

Why not, they haven't been here long enough to get pulled into the vortex of suck.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#154 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

I know some poo-pooed the idea but we need a quality 3rd checking line out there. No more Giontas as well

#155 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,270 posts

Maybe now certain people will realize there's a problem here since we couldn't have POSSIBLY won CORSI or Fenwick tonight.

Well it's certainly one of two games...either blowing a huge lead or making some s***ty backup look good.  In Edmonton we managed to do both at the same time.

That was a common theme last year, but I don`t think this year. The Devils were dominating play last season and getting terrible goaltending. That isn`t the case so far this season. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#156 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

I know some poo-pooed the idea but we need a quality 3rd checking line out there. No more Giontas as well

We have one, unfortunately we need Elias, Zajac and Zubrus to be top six players :P

#157 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

1st post. This is only six games. 7% of the season - calm down and keep the faith, not necessarily because Deboer is a great coach or our roster is stanley cup caliber, but because the one person in this organization who I have learned to never doubt is Lou. He will not accept a pitiful season and will do something before its too late (He's learned from MacLean).

We have a score by comittee roster and its frustrating when none of the committee produces, but unlike last season they have shown they can put it in the net. Once everything starts to fire (couch powerplay cough) at the same time, this team will start running off wins.

tl;dr: Lou will not accept losing, the Metro division sucks, and Schneider is good enough to steal games.

Welcome to the boards.

Been shutout twice already.  I'd be lying if I said Zajac and Henrique didn't concern me.  They do. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#158 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

We need Jacques back stat!

#159 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Welcome to the boards.

Been shutout twice already.  I'd be lying if I said Zajac and Henrique didn't concern me.  They do. 

I didn`t like either contract that was given out. Both plays heavily benefited from their linemates, and both contracts were given after it was known that neither of those linemates would be there anymore to play with them. I question if either are 50 point players with anyone on this roster.

Not sure if Henrique got a bigger contract for some big goals he scored in the 2012 playoffs, but if that is the case, it`s silly. 

GMs are going to miss in free agency, It happens all the time, but you will destroy a team if you can`t properly evaluate players internally. I think Lou has really struggled with both these players. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#160 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Welcome to the boards.

Whether we get shutout or lose a game 5-4 (Edmonton) doesn't matter to me. I still have more confidence in this offense than I did late last year. If Pete (or a replacement) can slap some sense in the team when they're in their own zone we will see wins.

The frustrating thing is we made such a big deal about shot differential last season but so far thats been missing this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users