195 replies to this topic

#81 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

That's the most unprofessional idiotic thing Lou could do in the situation we're in right now. Good luck signing any UFAs in the future.

#82 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

if Im playing GM, I might try to inlude Schneider and Enroth in a trade like this. I understand its completely unrealistic, but id like it.

Schneider hasn't even played 10 games yet and you want to trade him for Buffalo's back up goalie?

#83 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Schneider hasn't even played 10 games yet and you want to trade him for Buffalo's back up goalie?

schneider isnt going anywhere for the length of his contract here.. only way i see him moving anywhere is if he chooses not to resign here after his current contract is up.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#84 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Also, Enroth is the goalie of the future for Buffalo. Miller is probably on his way out.

#85 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Going after Vanek is a move Nashville should be looking at, not us

#86 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Unless we can score 5 to 6 goals a night then no to Vanek. We've already got enough forwards that can't play defense in Jagr, Brunner and Ryder.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#87 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Unless we can score 5 to 6 goals a night then no to Vanek. We've already got enough forwards that can't play defense in Jagr, Brunner and Ryder.

Vanek can play defense.  He's not bad defensively at all.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#88 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

Precisely

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#89 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Precisely

the troll population on NJDevs has really been on the rise lately.

100601larry-david2.jpg

#90 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

for sure it is getting worse.. not sure why. This is the only good devils forum too.. HF board sucks now with the amount of ads they have on it you cant go on there with out getting bombarded with pop ups
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#91 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

for sure it is getting worse.. not sure why. This is the only good devils forum too.. HF board sucks now with the amount of ads they have on it you cant go on there with out getting bombarded with pop ups

A)  The team's playing poorly, so people are especially snippy and agitated.  Trolls can smell the blood in the water, so to speak.

B)   Download Chrome, install adblock extension.  No more ads, pop ups or anything.  Freakin amazing (although make sure to whitelist njdevs)

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#92 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Such is what happens when the team has a bad streak. Every idiot has a great idea about who to trade. It's nothing short of pure lunacy to trade a #1 goalie you just acquired, who isn't playing all that bad, for a less proven goalie. Especially when you got a deal on the guy and you're likely to lose any gained value by trading him away.

#93 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Try reddit.com/r/devils. I really enjoy talking with everyone over there, there's quite a few of us from this board over there too.

Not saying to stop coming here, I've been a member here since 2005, but if you guys are anything like me (I know you are) you probably like to read and discuss the same exact Devils information 5-8 times before the next game... r/devils is another good one if you need to add to your list of places to waste time at work with.

100601larry-david2.jpg

#94 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Whenever I see this thread revive, I can't help thinking of the graphic novel Maus and main character Vladek

vlad3.gif

I'm here for the party

#95 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Try reddit.com/r/devils. I really enjoy talking with everyone over there, there's quite a few of us from this board over there too.

Not saying to stop coming here, I've been a member here since 2005, but if you guys are anything like me (I know you are) you probably like to read and discuss the same exact Devils information 5-8 times before the next game... r/devils is another good one if you need to add to your list of places to waste time at work with.

Reddit is fantastic.  You don't have to sort through a million comments that say "Yeah" "Go Devils"  "You are and idiot" etc.  Best comments are upvoted, trash is downvoted.

Posted Image

#96 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Reddit is fantastic.  You don't have to sort through a million comments that say "Yeah" "Go Devils"  "You are and idiot" etc.  Best comments are upvoted, trash is downvoted.

Yeah, that can be abused at times, but for the most part it's nice because some of the more obvious troll comments that have been popping up here and there around here would get downvoted into oblivion.

100601larry-david2.jpg

#97 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

No, popular opinion is upvoted.  Controversial or unpopular opinions on buried.  To call it discussion is generous..I'd call it a giant circlejerk, to be honest.  That website isn't all it's chalked up to be.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#98 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

The mods on HF are too inconsistent. You can get an infraction for merely disagreeing with the masses. I actually like most of the posters on HF though.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#99 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

How is suggesting trading Schneider and a few other pieces for Enroth and Vanek trolling? What the hells the matter with you? Schneider has a higher trade value than Enroth for the time being, and we may not have to give up another core piece to include Vanek.

Enroth is a backup because hes like 25 and is behind Miller. Hes being groomed to take over the starting spot, and everyone knows he has the talent to be a starter. I cant believe i need to explain how that works.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#100 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

thanks man! im going to go check it out now.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users