195 replies to this topic

#161 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Well, Moulson just scored on his first shot as a Sabre. Good for him.

believe-devs.jpg

#162 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Risky trade for the Isles.  Excellent return on assets for the Sabres who can probably flip Moulson for an extra pick/prospect if they wish to boot. 

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#163 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

moulson has 2 goals on 3 shots, not bad

#164 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Risky trade for the Isles.  Excellent return on assets for the Sabres who can probably flip Moulson for an extra pick/prospect if they wish to boot. 

Could be a great thing for Moulson as well. If he proves he can put up his usual numbers away from Tavares, you would think he'd be a highly sought after commodity on the free agent market this offseason and could stand to make more than if he had stayed with the Isles as those questions about his production would've still hung over him.

believe-devs.jpg

#165 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

MM is real good in the shootouts I understand......he could fetch a good return.......Buffalo should do good overall with his deal

#166 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

I thought this was pretty funny.

Edited by GoArmySports, 28 October 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#167 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

I still kind of want Enroth

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#168 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

I still kind of want Enroth

Only if Schneider doesn't sign an extension.  But I think Buffalo will deal Miller, and Enroth will become their goalie.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#169 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

Moulsons is a 30 goal scorer without jt. He did it when jt was out and still developing. Jt had a effect but really on the assists and total points. But moulsons without jt won't have a hugrle effect on his goals. He's a pure scorer with a lot of speed.

#170 jerseysteve

jerseysteve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

No way would I have done the trade the Isles did.  Not without a contract extension in place.  As for some of the non believers on here, I think if you take a step back, and look at our recent history RATIONALLY, we can come away with a few things:

1.  It's now a given that Lou's hands have been tied for at least a couple of years due to the financial contraints we were faced with.  By the time the new ownership deal was signed, it was too late to aquire any worthy free agents.

2.  All signs now point to the possibility that the whole Kovy situation may have been a joint effort between player and team.  I'm starting to believe the our financial situation made it necessary to allow Kovy to walk, free and clear.  It turned out to be a win-win.  Doesn't anyone find it interesting that we haven't heard one word...nothing at all from Kovy?

3.  This season is a "let's get through this and then hit the ground running next season" kind of thing.  No doubt we will try to compete, but this is the season we flush the past.

4.  Lou is still the class of of GM that others would give their right arm for.  We've had a ton of success through the years, and it's hard to blame Lou for the situation this team had been put into by ownership.  Hopefully, that will start to change, but I don't understand those who are disrespecting the guy.  I have to believe many of the haters are probably too young to remember what Lou brought to this team.  This team was a joke before Lou arrived.  I'll be crushed when he decides to retire.

5.  I love Marty.  I hope Marty and the team is wise enough to pull back playing time, significantly.  I feel honored to have been able to watch him since day one.  He was the best, EVER.  Sadly, time stands still for no one. 

#171 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

No way would I have done the trade the Isles did.  Not without a contract extension in place.  As for some of the non believers on here, I think if you take a step back, and look at our recent history RATIONALLY, we can come away with a few things:

1.  It's now a given that Lou's hands have been tied for at least a couple of years due to the financial contraints we were faced with.  By the time the new ownership deal was signed, it was too late to aquire any worthy free agents.

2.  All signs now point to the possibility that the whole Kovy situation may have been a joint effort between player and team.  I'm starting to believe the our financial situation made it necessary to allow Kovy to walk, free and clear.  It turned out to be a win-win.  Doesn't anyone find it interesting that we haven't heard one word...nothing at all from Kovy?

3.  This season is a "let's get through this and then hit the ground running next season" kind of thing.  No doubt we will try to compete, but this is the season we flush the past.

4.  Lou is still the class of of GM that others would give their right arm for.  We've had a ton of success through the years, and it's hard to blame Lou for the situation this team had been put into by ownership.  Hopefully, that will start to change, but I don't understand those who are disrespecting the guy.  I have to believe many of the haters are probably too young to remember what Lou brought to this team.  This team was a joke before Lou arrived.  I'll be crushed when he decides to retire.

5.  I love Marty.  I hope Marty and the team is wise enough to pull back playing time, significantly.  I feel honored to have been able to watch him since day one.  He was the best, EVER.  Sadly, time stands still for no one. 

I was thinking these things too....Kovi was JVB's project, JVB is now gone so goodbye to Kovi and that ridiculous contract etc, retire to Russia, and keep quiet, let the dust settle. Lets pay off all the pending buy-outs (and dont buy out anyone else) Keep the coach till his contract is over, get back to financial stability, let Marty finish his career with the team this year, move on next year and start building a team like he has in the past. 2013-2014 meh, 2014-2015 better, 2015-2016 even better etc

#172 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

why would we hear anything from kovy? are you expecting him to call? send post cards? letters?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#173 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Haha. No team is interested in Lou as GM. They respect what he accomplished but he is older and his approach and model is highly suspect since the prior lockout. But go ahead and keep drinking the KoolAid.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#174 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Haha. No team is interested in Lou as GM. They respect what he accomplished but he is older and his approach and model is highly suspect since the prior lockout. But go ahead and keep drinking the KoolAid.

Only reason people wouldn't hire Lou at this point is his age, that's it.  If someone had that resume and was 64, he'd be hired in a second if NJ let him go.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#175 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

I agree with every point you made.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#176 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

You're 100% on the money re: all points.

#177 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

why would we hear anything from kovy? are you expecting him to call? send post cards? letters?

Took the words out of my mouth. What was he going to do, apologize? LOL

#178 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Took the words out of my mouth. What was he going to do, apologize? LOL

Actually, yes. He really could have and should have apologized to the fans who took him at his word, bought his jersey and supported him as being the centerpiece of the franchise going forward. I'm not saying it was required, but it would have been a classier thing to do on his part given the bad taste of how he left.

#179 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Actually, yes. He really could have and should have apologized to the fans who took him at his word, bought his jersey and supported him as being the centerpiece of the franchise going forward. I'm not saying it was required, but it would have been a classier thing to do on his part given the bad taste of how he left.

Not disagreeing, but there was no way in hell that was gonna happen. And I seriously doubt anyone would have been like oh, well, at least he said sorry.

#180 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Not disagreeing, but there was no way in hell that was gonna happen. And I seriously doubt anyone would have been like oh, well, at least he said sorry.

I'm not saying we would've forgiven him, but maybe at the very least the vitriol would've been lessened to a degree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users