332 replies to this topic

#241 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

I dunno if DeBoer's gone full Randy Carlyle this season, but this is getting embarrassing. I miss Lou firing coaches at the first sign of trouble :(

it must be the money thing with Lou now

he wont fire coaches (and keep paying them)

and wont buy out or demote guys like Volch (and keep paying them)

#242 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

I really can't wait to hear Fayne's first interview next year when he leaves for wherever as a FA. I'm shocked he hasn't gone off yet to be honest, but at least he can bide his time till free agency. Little harder for Larsson to do at the moment.

How do we know Larsson's celing is Fayne instead of say, Pietrangelo or McDonaugh? Larsson's actually played decently the last couple of games and his worst plays of the season came when he got burned by Kane and Grabner - two of the fastest guys in the NHL. Scratching Larsson after those gaffes is one thing, scratching him when he actually plays well makes zero sense.

It'll probably sound like Tallinder's, except I would expect Fayne to be more angry than Tallinder was.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#243 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

After reading TG article , i love his attitude. He tells the truth... Angry but not losing confidence. The things that bothers me is the coaching staff not telling him why he ios  not playing tonight (they have no valuable reason i would say) LEt play Larsson sit out veteran like volchenkov or salvador who cost us game (calgary lost is all on salvador bad covering)

#244 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Who knows... But even if they lose tonight, I don't expect DeBoer to be fired. What I do expect is that we'll be here in a couple of days complaining about how Fayne's scratched again for the Columbus game and Pete's Pets are still the third pairing.

#245 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Really... if lou want to fire a coach he wil... it not like the coach salary make a big difference...

Lou strating t wait firing coach since claude julien

#246 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Really... if lou want to fire a coach he wil... it not like the coach salary make a big difference...

Lou strating t wait firing coach since claude julien

yeah the money matters...this team isnt really making money these days and Deboer probably makes a million plus.

We also have past players salaries etc on the books like Trent Hunter/Eric Boulton/Hedberg/Kovalchuks 250,000 per year early retirement B.S.

Edited by hargsy, 19 October 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#247 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

I like Harrold's ability to actually skate, however, the guy is a turnover machine at times and makes some really foolish decisions at times.

yeah but we can't really bash Harrold can we? look at his salary, thats expected and we should be fine with what he brings, he if wouldnt make mistakes we'd have to pay him 5m . Volchenkov and Salvador on the other hand...

www.SterioDesign.com

#248 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

yeah the money matters...this team isnt really making money these days and Deboer probably makes a million plus.

We also have past players salaries etc on the books like Trent Hunter/Eric Boulton/Hedberg/Kovalchuks 250,000 per year early retirement B.S.

If you change coach and win game is better financially than keeping the same coach and lost 20 in a row and doesnt have anbody in the building

#249 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

If you change coach and win game is better financially than keeping the same coach and lost 20 in a row and doesnt have anbody in the building

well thats the direction we're headed in

I think Lou is holding on as long as he can with this group.......and it could be a real trainwreck

#250 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

well thats the direction we're headed in

I think Lou is holding on as long as he can with this group.......and it could be a real trainwreck

its a though call on DeBoer, cause well in a way a coach can only do with that the GM is giving him, which he saw his roster lose some big tools in the last few years.

in the other hands lately DeBoer is trying to use screwdrivers to hammer down nails and he's leaving his hammer in the car. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#251 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Out of curiosity...how long is PDBs contract? I haven't seen any details on that.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#252 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

its a though call on DeBoer, cause well in a way a coach can only do with that the GM is giving him, which he saw his roster lose some big tools in the last few years.

in the other hands lately DeBoer is trying to use screwdrivers to hammer down nails and he's leaving his hammer in the car. 

yeah, I agree, I dont think Debo is that bad, and the lineup is ....well...not great. 

Also, I dont know of a really good, cant miss replacement for him right now.

#253 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Lou can't waste too much time here though. He said the same sh!t about the 2011 team- how much he believed in those players and that coach and yada yada yada. We all know how that turned out. Don't fvck around here Lou...

#254 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

“I guess that’s how it is right now,” Larsson said. “We’re pretty desperate to take points and we’re losing a couple of guys. We have to change something. I’m not going to be too low right now. I think it’s too early in the season to start thinking. That was pretty much what was killing me last year. When I was sitting out, I started thinking too much. Not cause I want to sit out, but it feels like I’m better prepared for it now because of last year. So, I’m just going to continue working hard and when I get a chance again, I’m going to try to take it.

“But if feels like I’ve done what they said before I was sitting out last time, so it’s very disappointing. I don’t feel like I’ve played bad these three games at all. But I guess they want more.”

Larsson, 20, was a healthy scratch 11 times last season, including the first five games of the season. He said he let that get to him mentally.

“Because it just kept going and going,” he said. “I was out for a pretty long time, so it kind of got to me last year. I would start thinking. You never want to sit out. You lose confidence. You lose the game timing and the game speed. It doesn’t really matter how hard you (conditioning) skate. Still, timing and those type of things you get rusty on.”

Larsson, the fourth pick overall in the 2011 draft, had a rough game in Sunday’s 3-0 loss in Winnipeg. The moment that stood out most, though, was Evander Kane flying past him on the left wing before throwing the pass in front that went in off Devils defenseman Andy Greene for the first goal of the game.

I asked Larsson what he could have done differently on that play.

“I think on those guys if you can’t keep up with their speed, you have to stay on the safe side or pretty much take a penalty because they’re so fast those guys like he and (the Islanders Michael) Grabner,” Larsson said. “They’re pretty much the fastest guys in this league and I don’t think people really realize how fast they really are. So, you have to have good timing on those guys.”

But Larsson didn’t think that goal hurt his confidence.

“Worse things have happened before,” he said. “You make mistakes and that was one of them.”

This sounds like a guy who has lost faith in this team and definitely his confidence.

#255 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

To be honest, I'd just dress anyway if I was Larsson and tell Pete to fvck off. Make me get off the ice, you eggheaded jerk off.

#256 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

To be honest, I'd just dress anyway if I was Larsson and tell Pete to fvck off. Make me get off the ice, you eggheaded jerk off.

I would shoot pucks at his head during practice like Madden did to Julien...........hey that got the coach canned!!!

#257 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

I would shoot pucks at his head during practice like Madden did to Julien...........hey that got the coach canned!!!

Maybe he'll then go win a cup with his next team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#258 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

I imagine if Larsson went rogue on PDB he wouldn't see the ice for a long time.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#259 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, Madden could get away with that **** cause he was a key piece on multiple Cup winners.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#260 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, Madden could get away with that **** cause he was a key piece on multiple Cup winners.

Those were the days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users