79 replies to this topic

#41 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

When the other team has the puck along the half boards in the Devils end, there is frequently a man wide open near the back post.  They either just stand there or skate in towards the back post.  I've seen this a bunch of times this season with no Devil there to even clog the passing lane in that area.  Even when nothing comes of it, it drives me crazy they can just ignore the guy hanging out in front of the goalie.

Yep!!! I noticed this back in 2010-2011 and it pissed me off then and pisses me off now. Didn't see much of that the past two seasons but I'm seeing it again now, and it enrages me to no end. Best example of it was Vancouver's OT winner with Salvador hanging out passively enjoying the view with Santorelli screening Schneider.

#42 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

let's keep on pissing off guys like Faynes and Schneider just to make sure we lose them for nothing too.

www.SterioDesign.com

#43 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

He was livid when he skated off, you could see his eyes bugging out. I even said it in chat that he was going to unload on the team.

..let him. I hope he went off on everyone. Devils need a good tongue lashing after nonchalant quotes like; "We're not 30 games in, are we? It's 5 games.. we're doing the right things out there." --and for the record, I LOVE Patty.. but where's the urgency in saying something like that?? Where?

"It's getting a little late for almosts & moral victories."  --THAT'S a fvcking quote. That's the guy I want the players on my team to look to for motivation.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,039 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

He was livid when he skated off, you could see his eyes bugging out. I even said it in chat that he was going to unload on the team.

..let him. I hope he went off on everyone. Devils need a good tongue lashing after nonchalant quotes like; "We're not 30 games in, are we? It's 5 games.. we're doing the right things out there." --and for the record, I LOVE Patty.. but where's the urgency in saying something like that?? Where?

"It's getting a little late for almosts & moral victories."  --THAT'S a fvcking quote. That's the guy I want the players on my team to look to for motivation.

Right on Beez. Couldn't agree more.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#45 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'm glad someone's upset. I don't mind the team not getting the bounces and not having the ability, but lack of effort drives me absolutely insane. Leaving guys open in front is just basic hockey. And you JUST MADE THAT MISTAKE the other night. This reminds me of the too many men penalties a few years ago. Just mindless mistakes.

Also, Sterio, arguments and disagreements happen in all locker rooms. It's a little much to claim that he's unhappy and will leave for nothing.

One last thing.... If Marty said this, half this board would be talking about what a terrible teammate he is :P

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 14 October 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#46 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm glad someone's upset. I don't mind the team not getting the bounces and not having the ability, but lack of effort drives me absolutely insane. Leaving guys open in front is just basic hockey. And you JUST MADE THAT MISTAKE the other night. This reminds me of the too many men penalties a few years ago. Just mindless mistakes.

Also, Sterio, arguments and disagreements happen in all locker rooms. It's a little much to claim that he's unhappy and will leave for nothing.

One last thing.... If Marty said this, half this board would be talking about what a terrible teammate he is :P

nobody would say anything about anyone saying that they're not playing well and that results have to start coming.

marty gets a lot of hate lately but the only time people get upset when he's critical are when he blames everyone but himself

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#47 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yep!!! I noticed this back in 2010-2011 and it pissed me off then and pisses me off now. Didn't see much of that the past two seasons but I'm seeing it again now, and it enrages me to no end. Best example of it was Vancouver's OT winner with Salvador hanging out passively enjoying the view with Santorelli screening Schneider.

Last season too.  It's the thing that i just dont understand - it's Sal's MO.  I think of it as puck chasing.  It was going on before Stevens came on board.  I thought he'd put a stop to it but he seems to not be really doing anything.

I just dont understand the inaction.  It IS broke - it needs fixing.  The little things aren't actually there -- it's an illusion!!  :rant:

I honestly feel like the more we rant and rail, the more they stick to their sh!tty mindset.  Seriously, I feel like they're being spiteful. Nnno, we're NOT going to take shots, Nnno this IS zone coverage. Nno it ISN'T about winning.  Nno we DON'T need energy. 

That whole taking things personally was swell when they were proving the league wrong but now they've decided it's much more fun to prove the fans wrong.  Nno our system DOESN'T work.  Nno we are NOT fiscally responsible.  Nnno we will not be pigeon holed into what you think we should be -- maybe we ARE Mickey Mouse and LIKE IT!  So haaaa!

DAGNABITALL -- seriously -- I found this and saved it because it IS me watching these fvckers.  I mean I have to just stop already - it's insulting no matter how stupid it sounds to those of you emotionally uninvolved.

cantlookaway.gif

Fine, you've proven me wrong.  YOU DO SUCK!  You do NOT play the ineffable system.  You ENJOY LOSING  -- WE GET IT NOW.

<_<

I'm here for the party

#48 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Marty woudln't say this -- that' the point.  Closest he gets is" losing isn't fun.  But I'll still come back next year because I had so much fun.  WELL WHAT THE fvck IS SO FUN THEN????  YOU TELL ME ASSFACE!

I'm here for the party

#49 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

this goes back to rotating goalie styles = affecting defensive system struct6ures.

so who gets the start thurs and saturday?

if cory is upset and has to wait till Sat to face our rival or does marty get both games...or seems like cory might get the start on thurs cause coach probably will reward cory for saying something.

forgot what i was gonna say so me watching a devils game.

signal.gif

Edited by lazer, 14 October 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image

#50 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

this goes back to rotating goalie styles = affecting defensive system struct6ures.

so who gets the start thurs and saturday?

if cory is upset and has to wait till Sat to face our rival or does marty get both games...or seems like cory might get the start on thurs cause coach probably will reward cory for saying something.

forgot what i was gonna say so me watching a devils game.

signal.gif

I hope it's Marty on Thursday and Cory on Saturday... Cory needs a good home game with a big crowd and a rivalry/playoff atmosphere to start feeling good about this franchise again. So far, we've given him nothing; not even a sold-out home opener (even though he didn't play, I'm sure he notices these types of things on opening day as part of a new team, like, "Hmmm... Some empty seats..").

Edited by DJ Eco, 14 October 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#51 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Of course he's upset. He got traded from a good Vancouver team where he battled for the number one spot to this clusterfvck. I would be upset too if I went from Hamhuis and Bieksa to Volchenkov and Salvador playing in front of me.

You think goalies like to be in goaltender battles?  Unless one specifically says "I love the challenge of battling for #1", that is BS.  Most players would prefer stability and the safety of being a number 1 guy.  I can say that due to long contracts that players sign, specifically Devils players.   Ditto the other comments on Bieksa and Hamhuis.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#52 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

What's his source? I mean, Winnipeg's a long ways away, just curious how something like that gets out at all, not to mention so quickly, from Midwestern Canada.

Its 2013 not 1978.

#53 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Its 2013 not 1978.

But still, the guy's gotta have a pretty inside source (or actually be there himself) to get something like that in about an hour after the game, if it's even true.

#54 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Its 2013 not 1978.

We're the Devils, we're not the Kings or the Penguins or the Capitals. Getting something like that out of this team is a big scoop. A stupid little rumor like this, whether true or untrue, just caused 3 pages of replies and discussion, so I'd love to know where he hears that little tidbit from.

But still, the guy's gotta have a pretty inside source (or actually be there himself) to get something like that in about an hour after the game, if it's even true.

This ^^

Edited by DJ Eco, 15 October 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#55 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

The thing that enraged me last night more than anything was when Kane coned Greene like he wasn't even there (while the Devils were on a power play no less) and Schneider saved Greene's ass by making the save, Greene skates right by Schneider and barely looks at him. No tap on the pads to say 'thanks for bailing me out'. No 'hey, sorry I hung you out to dry and let that guy skate right by me'. He just meekly skates away. And this is a guy wearing a 'A' on his chest? And you see why Schneider is pissed?

I made the exact comment about that situation in my twitter. Totally unacceptable for anyone to quit on a play, not mention a named leader.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#56 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I don't blame him. The team has scored 2 goals in 3 games when he starts

#57 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,946 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I made the exact comment about that situation in my twitter. Totally unacceptable for anyone to quit on a play, not mention a named leader.

Still wish we knew more of the specifics.  Who was Schneider pissed at?  Why?

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#58 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Still wish we knew more of the specifics.  Who was Schneider pissed at?  Why?

I was just thinking the same thing. 

If the team or coaches were just more articulate even.  The things everyone says is just crap.  And there is no activity that tells me they find this unacceptable.  It's one thing to not have the parts - but when it all stays status quo with new parts. 

When the new players adopt the same old problems, THAT is what is of concern. When fitting in. playing the system means your play deflates to meet the losing team... :noclue:  That looks like what we're seeing here, not guys just finding their way.  it looks like they FOUND their way and it's the sh!tty road the team was on before they arrived.

I'm here for the party

#59 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I didn't catch this, is there a video of him storming off the ice? I'm glad he's upset, the whole team should be upset too, they're playing worse than the mites on ice...

#60 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

I don't blame him, he is our future but we aren't helping him to make a decision to stay with the NJ Devils.

So many teams want him, big pay day in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users