eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

WE are still better than the Rangers and the Flyers

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

Last Week: 26 When you're averaging 1.83 goals per game, it's not shocking that you don't have a win yet.

Last Week: 24 OK, it's shocking they have a win while averaging 1.80 goals per game.

--

Last Week: 29 Scoring just 1.33 goals per game? Well, those are your Flyers right now.

Edited by eaglejelly, 14 October 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#2 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Well there goes the vaunted ex-Atlantic Division powerhouse teams (other than the Penguins).

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

How the mighty have fallen.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#4 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

I wonder how those teams actually look, compared to the Devils.  Right now the Devils look like a hockey team to me, only slower. 

I look at Clowe's numbers from '08-'09 to '11-'12 and I'm kind of wondering how he did that.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#5 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I wish it made me feel better, but it doesn't.  At least one of the three teams is going to start turning it around and it doesn't look like it's going to be us.

#6 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

I wish it made me feel better, but it doesn't.  At least one of the three teams is going to start turning it around and it doesn't look like it's going to be us.

+1

#7 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

I dont care how much they suck.... 

We suck ourself.... We cant even win a fvcking game

#8 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

I wonder how those teams actually look, compared to the Devils.  Right now the Devils look like a hockey team to me, only slower. 

I look at Clowe's numbers from '08-'09 to '11-'12 and I'm kind of wondering how he did that.   

Probably the way Zajac and Henrique were doing better in past seasons.....being surrounded by better players

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

The Rangers waived Biron. Interesting...
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#10 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Who's next in line?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#11 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Who's next in line?

I have no idea. That one surprised me. I don't know who they have down on the farm, but I assume they have someone.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#12 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

I keep thinking "So thaaats why they looked so good in pre-season"

:noclue:  maybe...

I'm here for the party

#13 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

This is essentially what Salvador was saying to the media last night, and what pissed me off is that Salvador's forgetting the simple fact that our next game is on Thursday. Essentially, other teams can get 2-4 points up on us by then, looking at the schedule. That's the wrong kind of thing for Captain Salvador to use as motivation for the team.

#14 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

I have no idea. That one surprised me. I don't know who they have down on the farm, but I assume they have someone.

Don't be surprised if you see Hedberg signed for a 1 year deal at approx. $750K-$1 million, unless they think Talbot can hold his own for the 8-10 starts the backup is going to get there this season.  The Queen is in for a very heavy workload going forward this season with having to play 70+ for the Rags, plus all of the games Team Sweden is involved in at the Olympics. 

This is essentially what Salvador was saying to the media last night, and what pissed me off is that Salvador's forgetting the simple fact that our next game is on Thursday. Essentially, other teams can get 2-4 points up on us by then, looking at the schedule. That's the wrong kind of thing for Captain Salvador to use as motivation for the team.

He's giving the standard PC line to keep the team from pushing the panic button 2 weeks in the season.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Most captains in his position would say the same thing.

Posted Image

#15 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Talbot's going to play 15 games, not 10, and the Rangers released Hedberg like 4 days into his PTO.  I don't think the Rangers have any interest in Hedberg.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#16 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Talbot's going to play 15 games, not 10, and the Rangers released Hedberg like 4 days into his PTO.  I don't think the Rangers have any interest in Hedberg.

Guessing the Rangers said, "He was good a couple of seasons ago, not so much last season, maybe it was just a bad year, maybe he's still got something."  Then they saw him play and said, "Nope, he's just not any good anymore." 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#17 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Ok not to jinx anything, but contrary to what I posted earlier in the thread I actually think the Devils have the best chance of the three to turn it around. Whether or not that means we'll make the playoffs I won't say but I feel the Devils are the best of three.

#18 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Quoting an old post here, but I'm guessing he spent at least some time on a line with Jumbo Joe..that guy could make Cam Janssen a 20 goal scorer.

believe-ll.jpg

#19 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Quoting an old post here, but I'm guessing he spent at least some time on a line with Jumbo Joe..that guy could make Cam Janssen a 20 goal scorer.

I don't think he's ever played with Thornton.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#20 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Clowe was a solid player for the Sharks. Before Couture, he was on the 1st/2nd line. So, yeah. He played some with Thornton. Look at the talent. Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski and Couture. Boyle running the power play. Heatley, then Havlat even though neither is much anymore. It's not like Clowe doesn't know how to play. He does the dirty work in front and gets the garbage goals. I'd look more at his injury history. His style wears down. Now, concussions. He shouldn't have been signed for more than 3 years.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users