45 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I have a feeling that Clowe's true value will become more apparent during the playoffs, assuming we ever make it that far again.

Or assuming he's actually healthy in the playoffs :P  This guy's becoming the Danny Amendola of the NHL.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

See ya in March Ryane.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Clowe is a better player than Clarkson.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#24 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Are you kidding me? Talk about romanticizing..Clarkson couldn't skate for sh!t either, come on now. We used to all joke about him falling down, for Christ sake.

I'm not a Clowe fan either, but come on..

This is exactly my point. Not sure what people are watching, but I can't tell if he is skating forwards or backwards he is so slow. Not sure how much we will get to see him anyway since that brain has been scrambled way too much.

#25 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Clowe is a better player than Clarkson.

here we go again with your opinions .... please.. clowe isnt even going to be healthy enough threw out his entire contract to compare his career to be had with the devils to clarksons time here.. the guy is obviously frail as sh!t one issue after another already
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#26 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

here we go again with your opinions .... please.. clowe isnt even going to be healthy enough threw out his entire contract to compare his career to be had with the devils to clarksons time here.. the guy is obviously frail as sh!t one issue after another already

Is this all because you were having such a hard time selling your game worn Clarkson jersey?

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#27 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Is this all because you were having such a hard time selling your game worn Clarkson jersey?

LOL not at all i wasnt set on selling that was just feeling it out .. undecided but im still currently enjoying it if your that nosey... its because i truely dont think that slow clowe is a better hockey player then clarkson.. if he even ends up playing all that much as i said earlier 6 games into the season and second time he cant play already first being from a charlie horse

Edited by Sik02gt, 16 October 2013 - 09:55 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#28 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Calm down dude.  lol

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#29 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

Calm down dude.  lol

you just make a ton of useless posts to jump your count up... yea youve been figured out
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#30 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Clowe is better and has highier potential than clarkson?........on what planet...
Yeah clowes done an awesome job here so far.......

Finally we can get teddy in the lineup now, at least he creates scoring chances and will be the fastest skater on the team, unless that groin injury slowed him down. Brunner turns the jets on like once a game, teddy does it every shift

#31 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

LOL not at all i wasnt set on selling that was just feeling it out .. undecided but im still currently enjoying it if your that nosey... its because i truely dont think that slow clowe is a better hockey player then clarkson.. if he even ends up playing all that much as i said earlier 6 games into the season and second time he cant play already first being from a charlie horse

I really doubt that was the 100% true reason.  Devils medical staff are notorious for never really revealing the true nature of injuries until the off-season.

#32 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

I really doubt that was the 100% true reason.  Devils medical staff are notorious for never really revealing the true nature of injuries until the off-season.

Which is fvcking infuriating, not going to lie.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#33 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Which is fvcking infuriating, not going to lie.

TG has written a few times at how fustrating that is.

#34 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

I like that they don't make it too public. It's no surprise that opposing players will target certain players with certain injuries, or hit them a certain way. It's not blatant but it is strategic.

#35 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

It's a league wide thing....the NFL would do it too if they could...but Vegas has a lil say in that :P

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#36 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

you just make a ton of useless posts to jump your count up... yea youve been figured out

That isn't true at all dude.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#37 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Because this post added to the discussion? Pot, kettle, kettle, pot.

#38 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Clowe is better and has highier potential than clarkson?........on what planet...
Yeah clowes done an awesome job here so far.......

Definitely not an over-reaction, considering the season is 6 games old.  Jeez.  Let's give the guy some time.

FYI:

Clowe: 

Regular season:  441 GP, 104 G, 176 A, 280 Pts (.63 ppg)

Playoffs:  70 GP, 18 G, 28 A, 46 Pts (.65 ppg)

Clarkson:

Regular season:  426 GP, 97 G, 73 A, 170 Pts (.39 ppg)

Playoffs:  44 GP, 5 G, 9 A, 14 Pts (.31 ppg)

And even though Clowe is a little over a year older than Clarkson, Clowe is over $12 million cheaper for their total contracts.

How about we give Clowe a chance for more that 6 games, mmmkay? :doh1:

#39 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

How do we know Clowe is still the same player?  He's older/beaten up and had a terrible offensive year last year.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#40 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

How do we know Clowe is still the same player?  He's older/beaten up and had a terrible offensive year last year.

Because if the stats say anything, it's that even if Clowe got a little worse, he's still probably better than Clarky and he's also here at a cheaper price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users