1548 replies to this topic

#221 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm assuming a couple more weeks at least.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#222 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Playing with someone who isn't Bernier or Ryder would help him, I think.

Brunner on the same line as Ryder is stupid. They're the same player - if they don't shoot they're useless.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#223 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

I don't like to propose trades but erat here in Washington supposedly wants out... He's a consistent 20 goal scorer but I admit I haven't watched many caps games this season and didn't see him at all in Nashville... Is he a type of guy that would be a better fit than Brunner?

I just think we need more puck possession guys who can also put it in the net... Not sure if that's what erat is but I know that's what Brunner isn't.

#224 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Gionta to the IR. Brodeur to start tonight it seems. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#225 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 52s
Janssen in tonight on line with Josefson and Tedenby

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 54s
Janssen is in. Brunner is out.

That's gonna be some fourth line. What's the over/under in minutes? 4.5 is my guess.
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#226 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 52sJanssen in tonight on line with Josefson and TedenbyTom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 54sJanssen is in. Brunner is out.That's gonna be some fourth line. What's the over/under in minutes? 4.5 is my guess.

janssen on a line with jj and teddy...oh my god lol
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#227 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

That's gonna be some fourth line. What's the over/under in minutes? 4.5 is my guess.

josefson had a strong game on Monday so I hope Pete rewards him by shuffling him and carter/loktionov later in the game. Plus he'll get pk time too...

Tedenby and Janssen probably won't see the ice at all after mid second period (depending on the score)

#228 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Once again, I'm not a Deboer hater, but this crap makes no sense. And it isn't totally on him either since Lou has Janssen up. You want to send Brunner a message or have him watch another game in the press box, fine. But you can't have Janssen in for him when your team struggles to score. 

That 4th line makes is a trainwreck. Impossible for the Swedes to make any mark with Cam.

Enough with Janssen! Once again, if you only feel comfortable playing someone 4-5 min a game and no shifts in the 3rd, he should not be playing in this league.  

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#229 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Yea, I'm annoyed with Deboer too. Just once I'd like to see the 12 most "talented" forwards play. I know it's not always the best mix for a team but I'd like to see what happens.

"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#230 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

I would much have preferred to see a Teddy-JJ-Bernier line. I'd even throw Brunner on there as the RW and give them the world's softest minutes and see how they do.

#231 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

The worst decision is clearly playing Brodeur over Schneider.  I really cannot understand that decision unless it is some dumb 'We've won with Marty, we haven't with Cory' idiotic mindgame.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#232 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

The worst decision is clearly playing Brodeur over Schneider.  I really cannot understand that decision unless it is some dumb 'We've won with Marty, we haven't with Cory' idiotic mindgame.

Pete should just play a recording of his comments the other day every time Brodeur starts:

Reporter: You like Marty in nets again tonight?

Pete: One second (takes out tape recorder and hits the play button) "He feels good and wanted the game, so that was good enough for me."

Edited by devilsrule33, 27 November 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#233 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Okay, Pete's starting to piss me off with the goalie situation now. There is absolutely NO reason Schneider shouldn't be playing tonight.

This is what I was afraid of. It was just a matter of time until DeBoer started this sh!t with the goalies too.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#234 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

I would much have preferred to see a Teddy-JJ-Bernier line. I'd even throw Brunner on there as the RW and give them the world's softest minutes and see how they do.

the problem is no matter who is on the 4th line, Pete will probably still roll 3 lines starting midway through the second... So it doesn't really make that much of a difference- anyone playing on that line will only get 6-7 minutes of ice time at most (plus some pk time maybe)

#235 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

Oh- and get Janssen the fvck out. I knew those two fluke goals would buy him some time, but not this much. God is Pete a dope.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#236 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

tedenby-josefson-brunner might have potential. Speedy. Too bad janssen is playing instead.

I think broduer is playing tonight so Schneider gets them on Friday and marty plays buffalo on Saturday. Instead of Schneider today, marty Friday, Schneider Saturday and then marty again in montreal. No point in bouncing back and forth between goalies and not allowing them to get in the groove. aka marty.

Devils.

#237 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

tedenby-josefson-brunner might have potential. Speedy. Too bad janssen is playing instead.

I think broduer is playing tonight so Schneider gets them on Friday and marty plays buffalo on Saturday. Instead of Schneider today, marty Friday, Schneider Saturday and then marty again in montreal. No point in bouncing back and forth between goalies and not allowing them to get in the groove. aka marty.

That's what I was thinking, we don't have an actually speedy line, but this one would be. Maybe Teddy and Brunner can work something on the rush, give things a different look. JJ will be solid no matter who he's with, so I'm never worried about him.

#238 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Pete sucks at making lineups.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#239 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

That's what I was thinking, we don't have an actually speedy line, but this one would be. Maybe Teddy and Brunner can work something on the rush, give things a different look. JJ will be solid no matter who he's with, so I'm never worried about him.

The rush requires them to get out of their own zone, which they're not very good at. If you throw them on the same line you'll pump them up with o-zone starts.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#240 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

The rush requires them to get out of their own zone, which they're not very good at. If you throw them on the same line you'll pump them up with o-zone starts.

That's why I said in my first post that they'd need to be getting "the world's softest minutes". lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users