1548 replies to this topic

#281 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

You still have Severson Santini and even Scarlett all proving their worth. I believe Edmonton is stupid enough to trade Yakupov for Larsson.

I don't think the Devils would do that.  At least, I wouldn't do that if I were the Devils.  I think Yakupov is going to be a very good player (I'm not convinced he'll be a dominant player), but he would have the Devils over a barrel when it comes to contract negotiations.  Don't like being in that position.  If he were signed long-term then I'd do it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#282 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

the Isle's need veteran D help, and the Oilers were looking to upgrade their D

I wonder if Larry Robinson would make a pitch to SJ management to go after Larsson? but I don't see Lou trading Adam unless he ask's for a trade like Billy Guerin did back in the 90's

#283 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Larsson for Yak would be a historically bad move. The kid has major attitude problems and problems with the coach up in Edmonton.

He's a floater, how do you think he'd respond to PDB forcing him to play D?

He'd be in the KHL in 2 years, tops.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#284 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Gelinas and Larsson are both RFA's this season as well.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#285 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Larsson for Yak would be a historically bad move. The kid has major attitude problems and problems with the coach up in Edmonton.

He's a floater, how do you think he'd respond to PDB forcing him to play D?

He'd be in the KHL in 2 years, tops.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree...id rather keep Larsson.
Posted Image

#286 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

I have a feeling Larsson will be included in a blockbuster trade.

That would be a mistake.

Gelinas and Larsson are both RFA's this season as well.

I hope Lou locks both up long term.  Lou values franchise defensemen greatly, so I think he will.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#287 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Lou looks for ways to improve this team via trades, he clearly see's we lack offense....he also knows how much defense we have building up.......I could see him move D for O, and that could include just about anyone

#288 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Let's not go super-bananas over our sudden depth at D and do something silly like, oh, trade the one who's probably the best of the bunch. You have Gelinas who has had a good few months, Merrill has had 2-3 good games and the rest? Albany and junior players. 

But hey let's trade Jagr too because we've got Boucher looking good in the minors.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#289 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Let's not go super-bananas over our sudden depth at D and do something silly like, oh, trade the one who's probably the best of the bunch. You have Gelinas who has had a good few months, Merrill has had 2-3 good games and the rest? Albany and junior players. 

But hey let's trade Jagr too because we've got Boucher looking good in the minors.

These prospects are not just junior players, one is among the top defensmen in the CHL and almost certain to play a large role for Team Canada and the other could be the best defensmen on team USA at the age of 18. If Larsson can get us a top line player for the next 8 years then yes I would trade him.

#290 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

How many times have you seen a quote like this out of PD.

“I though Jon played a hell of a game,” DeBoer said. “We’ll go over some teaching points with him as we go forward, but I thought he gave us a great game tonight. He was very reliable, safe, moved pucks, created some offense. I thought he was very good.”

He did all this on his offside as a first year pro. This kid will be better than Larsson if he isn't already.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 01 December 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#291 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

These prospects are not just junior players, one is among the top defensmen in the CHL and almost certain to play a large role for Team Canada and the other could be the best defensmen on team USA at the age of 18. If Larsson can get us a top line player for the next 8 years then yes I would trade him.

While I'm as optimistic as the next guy regarding our prospects and farm system, they are just that. Bigger prospects and more touted ones have failed to blossom and they aren't in the bigs yet.

Edit: as for the quote, PDB hates Swedes. We all know that.

Edited by Marshall, 01 December 2013 - 04:08 PM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#292 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Greene, Larsson, Merrill, and Gelinas have the potential to be a great defensive corp.  But I'm getting ahead of myself there.   I want to include Fayne in that group as well, but we all know how Pete treats him.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#293 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Here's a few D men Lou has traded in the past, many of them young and expected to be a part of the teams future, others were just good reliable D men. I remember when these guys were traded, many fans were like.. why the hell did he trade that guy.

David HaleMike Commodore. Willie Mitchell, Brad Bombardir, Sheldon Souray, Jason Smith, Cale Hulse, Tommy Albelin, Eric Weinrich, Craig Wolanin, Tom Kurvers, Joe Cirella, 

#294 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

While I'm as optimistic as the next guy regarding our prospects and farm system, they are just that. Bigger prospects and more touted ones have failed to blossom and they aren't in the bigs yet.

Edit: as for the quote, PDB hates Swedes. We all know that.

These guys aren't the types to completely fall off the map, they will play in the NHL in some role. Both are big mobile, physical defenders that excel on the PK. Severson is Salvador type physical while Santini is more in the Stevens mold.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 01 December 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#295 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Here's a few D men Lou has traded in the past, many of them young and expected to be a part of the teams future, others were just good reliable D men. I remember when these guys were traded, many fans were like.. why the hell did he trade that guy.

David HaleMike Commodore. Willie Mitchell, Brad Bombardir, Sheldon Souray, Jason Smith, Cale Hulse, Tommy Albelin, Eric Weinrich, Craig Wolanin, Tom Kurvers, Joe Cirella, 

It's not a matter of what we think.  It's what Lou thinks.  If Lou thinks a dman is gonna be a franchise dman, he won't trade them unless it's a massive overpayment.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#296 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

It's not a matter of what we think.  It's what Lou thinks.  If Lou thinks a dman is gonna be a franchise dman, he won't trade them unless it's a massive overpayment.

No kidding...and all these years I thought it was the fans that made the trades...wow

#297 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Like Tri said, I don't think others value Larsson quite as highly as we do. I think he's pretty much guaranteed to be a top pairing guy, but he hasn't shown AS MUCH as guys like Brodin and Hamilton.

Larsson, Gelinas and Merrill are all going to be at least decent NHLers. 

Severson is about as close to a slam dunk as there is

Santini is having a fantastic start

Scarlett and Helgeson are playing very well in Albany.

Devils certainly have an embarrassment of riches on defense, but I think it'd be a mistake to give up on one of the three guys in the NHL ATM.  I love Severson and he could certainly end up the best of the bunch, but I would move him before Larsson, Gelinas and Merrill. I wish we could keep them all, but there is no way NJ doesn't do a lateral move for help up front

#298 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Like Tri said, I don't think others value Larsson quite as highly as we do. I think he's pretty much guaranteed to be a top pairing guy, but he hasn't shown AS MUCH as guys like Brodin and Hamilton.

Larsson, Gelinas and Merrill are all going to be at least decent NHLers. 

Severson is about as close to a slam dunk as there is

Santini is having a fantastic start

Scarlett and Helgeson are playing very well in Albany.

Devils certainly have an embarrassment of riches on defense, but I think it'd be a mistake to give up on one of the three guys in the NHL ATM.  I love Severson and he could certainly end up the best of the bunch, but I would move him before Larsson, Gelinas and Merrill. I wish we could keep them all, but there is no way NJ doesn't do a lateral move for help up front

That could include Lou Lams, maybe he see's the development of our other young D men and would consider moving Larsson  IF  the right deal was in place

#299 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

Greene, Larsson, Merrill, and Gelinas have the potential to be a great defensive corp.  But I'm getting ahead of myself there.   I want to include Fayne in that group as well, but we all know how Pete treats him.

out of greene larsson and gelinas, fayne is the weakest link i think.. i cant say merrill he hasnt been around here long enough and is too new i hope the first three i mentioned get resigned i would hate to see andy greene not be with us any more hes defiently a top D man for us right and i know is contract is up soon
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#300 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

out of greene larsson and gelinas, fayne is the weakest link i think.. i cant say merrill he hasnt been around here long enough and is too new i hope the first three i mentioned get resigned i would hate to see andy greene not be with us any more hes defiently a top D man for us right and i know is contract is up soon

Greene is from Michigan, maybe Lou can work out a deal with the Wings, send Brunner back with Andy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users