1548 replies to this topic

#321 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

You still have Severson Santini and even Scarlett all proving their worth. I believe Edmonton is stupid enough to trade Yakupov for Larsson. There are only so many minutes to go around.

New Jersey are pretty bare up front. I'd rather trade him for a center but pure goal scorers are hard to come across as well.

MacTavish has said publicly that Edmonton's first rounder is available. It looks like they'll trade that before Yakupov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#322 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

I really really like Pete the coach. But I can't stand the lineup decisions. Sestito gets called up and is in. So is Janssen. Tedenby is the extra. 

The Habs are one of the fastest teams in the league. Absolutely no need for Janssen tonight.

Deboer seems to adhere to any roster moves Lou makes. If someone is called up, he gets in the lineup. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#323 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

I really really like Pete the coach. But I can't stand the lineup decisions. Sestito gets called up and is in. So is Janssen. Tedenby is the extra.

The Habs are one of the fastest teams in the league. Absolutely no need for Janssen tonight.

Deboer seems to adhere to any roster moves Lou makes. If someone is called up, he gets in the lineup.

none of teddy Janssen or sestito will or would get significant playing time.

Excluding jj since he will be shifted around and play the pk, for the 5 mins that the 4th line will be on the ice does it really make that much of a difference if it's teddy, sestito or Janssen?

#324 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,892 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

They wouldn't've called anyone up or IR'd Larsson.  Unfortunately it's learning the wrong lesson with the roster, but now it's on Lou - we saw 2 periods of Tedenby-Josefson-Janssen to see that Janssen cannot possibly exist on such a line.

I just wish the Devils had better players to call up for a short time than Tedenby, because Tedenby is straight up not good.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#325 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

MacTavish has said publicly that Edmonton's first rounder is available. It looks like they'll trade that before Yakupov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you do Larsson for Edmonton's 1st?

n2eg.jpg

#326 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

Would you do Larsson for Edmonton's 1st?

No.  This draft is not that great (or at least that's what the consensus seems to be), and there's still time for Edmonton to go on a run to at least take that pick out of the top five.  I would have traded Larsson for one of the top five picks last year. 

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#327 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

No.  This draft is not that great (or at least that's what the consensus seems to be), and there's still time for Edmonton to go on a run to at least take that pick out of the top five.  I would have traded Larsson for one of the top five picks last year. 

McKinnon, Drouin, Jones, Lindholm, Barkov but no Schneider.

Marty/Kinkaid in net.

Marty retires.

Kinkaid and stopgap after that.

Ehhh. Maybe. Depending after spot we would have gotten. However, IMO I think Larsson and 9th would have bagged us McKinnon in a heartbeat.

n2eg.jpg

#328 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

McKinnon, Drouin, Jones, Lindholm, Barkov but no Schneider.

Marty/Kinkaid in net.

Marty retires.

Kinkaid and stopgap after that.

Ehhh. Maybe. Depending after spot we would have gotten. However, IMO I think Larsson and 9th would have bagged us McKinnon in a heartbeat.

Not a chance in my opinion. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 02 December 2013 - 02:02 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#329 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Not a chance in my opinion. 

Yeah.  Lou was asked about trading into the top five, and said they'd probably want our entire house.

Posted Image

#330 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

Lou going to call up someone else w/ Henrique unlikely to play?  We going to see Whitney? Sislo? DB must really not want to play Teddy. i'm sure Lou's looking for a trade partner.  

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."

#331 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

Henrique was on a roll too.  Terrible time for him to go down.  UGH!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#332 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Reid Boucher playing in a Top 3 line role tonight.

Devils have called up Reid Boucher. Lou Lamoriello said he will make his NHL debut tonight. via @TGfireandice

Lamoriello made it sound like Boucher will play in a top 9 role tonight.  via @TGfireandice 

Boucher will play tonight. Adam Henrique is available to play  via @Ledger_NJDevils 

Edited by DJ Eco, 04 December 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#333 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

1. Lamoriello: "It's time to give Reid a look."

2. Devils have called up Reid Boucher. Lou Lamoriello said he will make his NHL debut tonight.

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 December 2013 - 10:21 AM.

logokx.jpg

#334 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Looks like Schneider tonight, then Marty tomorrow I guess.

Edit: explain to me why PDB is playing Janssen vs DET, the team with 4 fighting majors (Devils have 5). They're not even dressing a fighter tonight. 

Edited by Marshall, 06 December 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#335 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

More brilliance from Pete- per TG, Brunner back in, Josefson out. More Janssen and Sestito. More bench shortening in the 3rd. More gassed Elias and Jagr. Pete is just a maestro behind the bench. A genius.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#336 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,892 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Josefson was awful last night.  Do you honestly think if the Devils dressed what you consider their best 4th line right now that that line would play in the 3rd period?

#337 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

jj is out but janssen and sestito are in? LOL oh boy
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#338 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

Josefson was awful last night. Do you honestly think if the Devils dressed what you consider their best 4th line right now that that line would play in the 3rd period?

I think pretty much any line that doesn't have Cam Janssen on it can at least be trusted with some ice time in the 3rd period. Cam Janssen is useless. You know this.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#339 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

Josefson was awful last night.  Do you honestly think if the Devils dressed what you consider their best 4th line right now that that line would play in the 3rd period?

He was not awful, at least not worse than any other non-Zubrus forward.  He hit a post in the first period and had another chance hop over his stick on a 2-on-1 in the second period.

And would they play and should they play are two different things.  Of course they wouldn't play, this is Pete we're talking about.  Unless it was Carter-Gionta-Bernier, then they'd play 15 minutes and get matched up against every first line.  But you can't keep doing this...11 games in 18 days and we're running the old guys into the ground with all this supposed depth up front playing two-thirds of an AHL line.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 December 2013 - 12:12 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#340 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,892 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

He was not awful, at least not worse than any other non-Zubrus forward.  He hit a post in the first period and had another chance hop over his stick on a 2-on-1 in the second period.

And would they play and should they play are two different things.  Of course they wouldn't play, this is Pete we're talking about.  Unless it was Carter-Gionta-Bernier, then they'd play 15 minutes and get matched up against every first line.  But you can't keep doing this...11 games in 18 days and we're running the old guys into the ground with all this supposed depth up front playing two-thirds of an AHL line.

He had an atrocious penalty killing shift.  Just really truly bad.  He hit a post with a prayer shot and that line did have some decent shifts, but he can't kill penalties like that and expect to play.

What happened to the depth?  3 guys are hurt and Olesz left.  That's 4 forwards who were on the opening roster who aren't now.  Also Tedenby is just taking up space at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users