1548 replies to this topic

#421 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

I wouldn't mind having Urbom back just to have an "elite" D in the AHL. Don't we have someone from the ECHL playing D right now? Hrbanaka or whatever

if we claim he he has to pass through waivers again before we can assign him to the a.

#422 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

if we claim he he has to pass through waivers again before we can assign him to the a.

so? If he gets claimed again then we are back to where we are now.

Devils.

#423 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

so? If he gets claimed again then we are back to where we are now.

I guess but as tri said Washington can just claim him back and directly assign him to the a. I suppose if Lou just wants to mess with Oates then sure why not but it's clear urbom doesn't have a future here, maybe some other team is willing to give him another nhl shot.

#424 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

I wouldn't mind having Urbom back just to have an "elite" D in the AHL. Don't we have someone from the ECHL playing D right now? Hrbanaka or whatever

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Hrabarenka was the one who crushed someone through the glass in a highlight I saw last week or the week before.

After googling this: Why does he have two names? Roman Graborenko or Raman Hrabarenka. Any Belarusian's here that want to enlighten me?

#425 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Hrabarenka was the one who crushed someone through the glass in a highlight I saw last week or the week before.

After googling this: Why does he have two names? Roman Graborenko or Raman Hrabarenka. Any Belarusian's here that want to enlighten me?

Maybe he used to have his dads name? his dad is a dick, so he went with his moms maiden name? A friend of mine did that.

Devils.

#426 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

I believe many Eastern Europeans change the spelling of their name when they come over to help English speakers pronounce it correctly. I assume this is the case here. Off the top of my head I know grabovski is one who did it and I know there are others but I can't think of them.

#427 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I was never a huge fan of Urbom, but I was always willing to give him a chance.  I've seen him get traffic coned a lot, and that concerned me greatly.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#428 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

Larsson is skating again, per TG. Great news, we need him back.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#429 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

I think we need that Gelinas and Larsson pairing back desperately.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#430 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

cant wait for him to get back im sick of watching merrils mistakes constantly
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#431 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

cant wait for him to get back im sick of watching merrils mistakes constantly

LOL at expecting a rookie to be perfect. Making mistakes is how guys learn. Also, he really hasn't made many big ones.

believe-devs.jpg

#432 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

LOL at expecting a rookie to be perfect. Making mistakes is how guys learn. Also, he really hasn't made many big ones.

i never said i expected him to be perfect... gelinas is a rookie as well and hes much sharper then merril LOL
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#433 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

i never said i expected him to be perfect... gelinas is a rookie as well and hes much sharper then merril LOL

You're comparing a guy with 160 games of pro experience to one with 40. Merrill has done really well for a guy who is still getting used to life outside of college hockey and he really hasn't looked straight up overmatched aside from yesterday's Pittsburgh game.

believe-devs.jpg

#434 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

You're comparing a guy with 160 games of pro experience to one with 40. Merrill has done really well for a guy who is still getting used to life outside of college hockey and he really hasn't looked straight up overmatched aside from yesterday's Pittsburgh game.

ive watched him make plenty of mistakes besides just the ones he made in yesterdays game.. just saying id much rather have larsson in then him right now
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#435 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

ive watched him make plenty of mistakes besides just the ones he made in yesterdays game.. just saying id much rather have larsson in then him right now

No disagreement on wanting Larsson back ASAP. Merrill still needs some work in the AHL, but the fact that he's already serviceable in the NHL makes me excited for the future.

Edited by PWW, 14 December 2013 - 09:19 PM.

believe-devs.jpg

#436 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

No disagreement on wanting Larsson back ASAP. Merrill still needs some work in the AHL, but the fact that he's already serviceable in the NHL makes me excited for the future.

im sure once he gets a little more experience under his belt he will be quite clutch.. i just feel that the team cant have anyone making bs mistakes that are going to cost goals especially when they struggle so hard most of the time just to get a couple goals up on the board themselves.. they need to buckle down now with the season almost half way over here
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#437 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

Looks like Gionta has Sestito's spot in the lineup. No surprise at all, but wondering if anyone else agrees that Sestito was playing a lot better than Gionta at any point this season? Better 4th line shifts and much better penalty killer, in my opinion.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#438 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Tedenby on the top line in practice?

#439 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Looks like Gionta has Sestito's spot in the lineup. No surprise at all, but wondering if anyone else agrees that Sestito was playing a lot better than Gionta at any point this season? Better 4th line shifts and much better penalty killer, in my opinion.

Eh, there's not much difference between them to my eye. I'd much prefer if JJ gets in over both of them once Carter is back, unless keeping Gio means losing Cam.

#440 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,501 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Tedenby on the top line in practice?

Zubrus had a day off but will play Wednesday, so Tedenby was just a placeholder.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users