1548 replies to this topic

#641 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

Nothing to add except that thefeistygoat really nailed just about everything.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#642 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Appears Janssen is on waivers, Brunner and Harrold back. Gelinas-Merrill as 4th pairing in practice atm, Greene-Fayne, Harrold-Volchenkov, Salvador-Zidlicky...

j74SykU.gif

believe2.jpg

#643 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Appears Janssen is on waivers, Brunner and Harrold back. Gelinas-Merrill as 4th pairing in practice atm, Greene-Fayne, Harrold-Volchenkov, Salvador-Zidlicky...

Posted Image

Oh God Harrold is back... Great. Another guy that just needs to get the hell out of here that Lou refuses to get rid of. Great. At least Brunner's back.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#644 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

That's how RC posted the d-pairings, I wouldn't read too much into who's playing/not yet. I still think Gelinas-Merrill gets in over Volchie-Harrold - They will go with that forward group if all 12 are in tomorrow. Obviously who gets scratched from D.

What leads me to think that Harrold and Volchie will be extras is, to put in Harrold you need to take out 2 defenseman if they are going with six. Are they really going to take out Gelians and Merrill guys who have played well as of late and are producing for Volchie who played under 9 minutes the other night. Harrold also hasn't played in months, so one practice they aren't going to put him in.

#645 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

That's how RC posted the d-pairings, I wouldn't read too much into who's playing/not yet. I still think Gelinas-Merrill gets in over Volchie-Harrold - They will go with that forward group if all 12 are in tomorrow. Obviously who gets scratched from D.

What leads me to think that Harrold and Volchie will be extras is, to put in Harrold you need to take out 2 defenseman if they are going with six. Are they really going to take out Gelians and Merrill guys who have played well as of late and are producing for Volchie who played under 9 minutes the other night. Harrold also hasn't played in months, so one practice they aren't going to put him in.

This is Pete DeBoer we're talking about. He'll assuredly do something mind-boggling to get Harrold back in the lineup.

#646 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

This is Pete DeBoer we're talking about. He'll assuredly do something mind-boggling to get Harrold back in the lineup.

I fear that Fayne may end up getting sat at some point for Harrold.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#647 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

I think that's almost a guarantee.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#648 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Schneider starts tuesday, Janssen on waivers, Brunner back practising...3 good pieces of news for the bad 1 (Harrold).

believe2.jpg

#649 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

I fear if Lou doesn't move a fvcking defenseman out of here already, ending this charade once and for all, I'm gonna lose my fvcking mind.

#650 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

I fear if Lou doesn't move a fvcking defenseman out of here already, ending this charade once and for all, I'm gonna lose my fvcking mind.

You really aren't going to be happy at the deadline when he brings in another defenseman... (only half joking about that possibility haha)

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#651 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

So.... where's Harrold's "conditioning stint"?    What a mess.   So, Larsson gets injured and ends up being #9 on the depth chart.   Makes sense.

#652 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

So.... where's Harrold's "conditioning stint"? What a mess. So, Larsson gets injured and ends up being #9 on the depth chart. Makes sense.

It's nothing short of infuriating.

#653 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

so whats the orgs strategy here with larsson? are they this down on the kid? is it his attitude? WTF?

#654 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

so whats the orgs strategy here with larsson? are they this down on the kid? is it his attitude? WTF?

There's a strategy?    He was playing, he got hurt, and they have no idea how to clear a roster spot for him, so he'll be making $920 a game until March since they'll be breaking soon anyway.

#655 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

Sending him to Albany to get his game up to speed was a no-brainer. They can't do it with Harrold/Salvador/Volchenkov. I necessarily don't like that Larsson is in Albany but I don't think it hurts him one bit..

believe2.jpg

#656 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Sending him to Albany to get his game up to speed was a no-brainer. They can't do it with Harrold/Salvador/Volchenkov. I necessarily don't like that Larsson is in Albany but I don't think it hurts him one bit..

They could conditioning stint Harrold if they wanted to, but they have a roster crunch too.   With Harrold, I'd prefer the conditioning stint that may get him claimed on waivers, if someone was drunk at the time.

#657 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,480 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

There's a strategy?    He was playing, he got hurt, and they have no idea how to clear a roster spot for him, so he'll be making $920 a game until March since they'll be breaking soon anyway.

There is clearly a strategy - Larsson will be playing in the AHL during the Olympic Break.  I imagine Gelinas and Merrill will be too.

They could get a conditioning stint for Harrold, and they may well end up doing that in the future.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#658 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

You really aren't going to be happy at the deadline when he brings in another defenseman... (only half joking about that possibility haha)

Is Richard Smehlik still playing?

Posted Image

#659 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Saw this on HF. Seems appropriate. Posted Image

#660 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

I'd love to say I'd be even remotely shocked if Harrold plays tomorrow, however.....

We all know DeBoer is absolutely in love with the [insert expletive here] player who shouldn't be on ANY NHL roster and will start him while also giving him 29 minutes.

Harrold sucks, DeBoer sucks at managing the lineup, hello early golfing season.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users