1548 replies to this topic

#41 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Larsson can probably only play with Greene at this point.  Fayne could definitely play with anyone else, though.

Sal-Larsson tonight...I'm scared that you're feeling on this might be correct and that a sal-larsson combo won't last the 1st period. I guess we shall see.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#42 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Speaking of questions you want asked from beat reporters: "coach, is there any way things can turn out where you decide Marty is the backup"
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#43 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,015 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

According to TG:

Same 6 on D so Fayne still in and Larsson still out.

Interesting decision on offense as Brunner is back for Josefson. I thought Jacob had a pretty solid game while Tedenby was easily the Devils worst forward. I guess they feel if Tedenby is going to show them something, he needs to play. If he struggles some more, he might be on waivers when everyone is back. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#44 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

I really don't get why Josefson is sitting. Not at all. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#45 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'm usually fully against Josefson sitting no matter what, but I do kind of get it this time. Obviously, I'd rather have him in over Gionta, but that won't be happening for a while at least. It seems that for tonight's game, he, Loktionov, and Olesz were fighting for two spots. Olesz was a big part of two goals against the Rangers, and Loktionov scored one. I think that's why Josefson is the one sitting, even though I thought he had a really good game the other night.

It appears that Tedenby is being given a final chance to prove that he can be an NHL player. I'm sure he's aware of this, so it would only be fair that he is given a decent stretch of games, instead of being rotated in and out of the lineup. Either that, or PDB thinks his speed can be that helpful. But after benching Tedenby for so long last game, I'm sure Pete is just giving him a chance to show what he's got.

#46 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

No Elias again?

Damn, get well soon Patty..team needs ya..

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#47 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

No Elias again?

Damn, get well soon Patty..team needs ya..

Patty isn't much of a surprise, he didn't travel with the team. Hope he's back Thursday though.

I'm usually fully against Josefson sitting no matter what, but I do kind of get it this time. Obviously, I'd rather have him in over Gionta, but that won't be happening for a while at least. It seems that for tonight's game, he, Loktionov, and Olesz were fighting for two spots. Olesz was a big part of two goals against the Rangers, and Loktionov scored one. I think that's why Josefson is the one sitting, even though I thought he had a really good game the other night.

It appears that Tedenby is being given a final chance to prove that he can be an NHL player. I'm sure he's aware of this, so it would only be fair that he is given a decent stretch of games, instead of being rotated in and out of the lineup. Either that, or PDB thinks his speed can be that helpful. But after benching Tedenby for so long last game, I'm sure Pete is just giving him a chance to show what he's got.

Or perhaps showcasing for a trade...?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#48 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

According to TG:

Same 6 on D so Fayne still in and Larsson still out.

Interesting decision on offense as Brunner is back for Josefson. I thought Jacob had a pretty solid game while Tedenby was easily the Devils worst forward. I guess they feel if Tedenby is going to show them something, he needs to play. If he struggles some more, he might be on waivers when everyone is back. 

Feel bad for Josefson but looking at the bigger picture, I agree that they are probably giving Tedenby a "last chance" to show what he can do before waiving him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#49 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Patty isn't much of a surprise, he didn't travel with the team. Hope he's back Thursday though.

Or perhaps showcasing for a trade...?

Only way that happens is if he starts scoring at a decent rate. I said this earlier, but if that were to happen, I'd expect a trade.

#50 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Feel bad for Josefson but looking at the bigger picture, I agree that they are probably giving Tedenby a "last chance" to show what he can do before waiving him.

somebodys gotta go when Clowe comes back

#51 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Who knows when Clowe will come back.    The guy played like 5 games here and he's showing some symptoms already.   

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Who knows when Clowe will come back.    The guy played like 5 games here and he's showing some symptoms already.   

So much for a 'precautionary' IR stint, eh?  That contract might wind up being twice as bad as Rolston or even Volchenkov.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#53 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

He was banged up in other ways besides his head, so part of me is hoping that they're just trying to get that straightened out before he goes back on the ice.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#54 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

I wish PDB wasn't so damn obsessed with sticks in the middle.

believe2.jpg

#55 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

This jumps out at me:

Larsson: 10 shots on net in 6 games, 0:28 PP TOI/G.

Harrold: 10 shots on net in 9 games, 1:53 PP TOI/G. 

Let Larsson play the point on the second PP. It can't get much worse.

believe2.jpg

#56 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

This jumps out at me:

Larsson: 10 shots on net in 6 games, 0:28 PP TOI/G.

Harrold: 10 shots on net in 9 games, 1:53 PP TOI/G. 

Let Larsson play the point on the second PP. It can't get much worse.

Unsurprisingly, Devils have league worst 5v4 Corsi For% (75.9%) and Fenwick For% (68.3%) - both by decent margins. Small sample size, I know, but I'm open to trying anything at this point.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#57 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Unsurprisingly, Devils have league worst 5v4 Corsi For% (75.9%) and Fenwick For% (68.3%) - both by decent margins. Small sample size, I know, but I'm open to trying anything at this point.

Lol that is laughably bad. 1 in 4 attempts on our PP goes to the opposition....

#58 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Wow...Schneider gets the nod tomorrow. 

#59 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Good. It would be insanity to start Marty.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#60 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Good...admittedly I was concerned about that.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users