1548 replies to this topic

#801 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

What time is practice today? Anyone know what the lines are? I'm hoping Merrill is in at least...

11:30 CET.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#802 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

11:30 CET.

thanks! It'll be interesting to see how Pete responds- he usually is quick to tinker with things if we're going bad, but at the same time there's not a lot of room for error here.

#803 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

What time is practice today? Anyone know what the lines are? I'm hoping Merrill is in at least...

Practice? Practice!? We talkin 'bout practice!? Not a game, practice....

Game day.

Edited by devilsrule33, 30 January 2014 - 11:56 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#804 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

SCHNEIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excitement ended when I read this from TG:

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr Elias-Gionta-Brunner Clowe-Henrique-Ryder Carter-Loktionov / Josefson-Bernier

Edited by devilsrule33, 30 January 2014 - 12:39 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#805 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

SCHNEIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excitement ends when I read this from TG:

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr; Elias-Gionta-Brunner; Clowe-Henrique-Ryder; Carter-Loktionov/Josefson-Bernier.

Was just going to post this. Gionta sure earned that top 6 promotion!

#806 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Practice? Practice!? We talkin 'bout practice!? Not a game, practice....

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done, sir.

#807 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Was just going to post this. Gionta sure earned that top 6 promotion!

But...but listening to a certain person on this board, I was told gionta doesn't get used incorrectly. Aside from his time on the PK where he is woefully out of place (good positioning actually seems to know what hes doing just to small to be out there, doesnt clog up lanes with that sh!t reach) and being put out in overtime, he's got the lowest ice time on the team.

We now have 2 lines, any top line with gionta on it is going to be sh!t. I hope I have to eat crow and somehow that line is on fire, but it wont last over any long stretch even if it did magically work tonight, im confident in saying that because steven gionta is nothing more than a good 4th line player.

#808 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Gionta? Effing great.

believe2.jpg

#809 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

But...but listening to a certain person on this board, I was told gionta doesn't get used incorrectly. Aside from his time on the PK where he is woefully out of place (good positioning actually seems to know what hes doing just to small to be out there, doesnt clog up lanes with that sh!t reach) and being put out in overtime, he's got the lowest ice time on the team.

We now have 2 lines, any top line with gionta on it is going to be sh!t. I hope I have to eat crow and somehow that line is on fire, but it wont last over any long stretch even if it did magically work tonight, im confident in saying that because steven gionta is nothing more than a good 4th line player.

can we wait and see how much toi gionta gets tonight? Josefson was on the top line on Tuesday and ended up with less than 10 mins. If gionta winds up with more than that then it means we're winning.

#810 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

can we wait and see how much toi gionta gets tonight? Josefson was on the top line on Tuesday and ended up with less than 10 mins. If gionta winds up with more than that then it means we're winning.

How long do we have to wait for you accept being wrong. Pete overuses gionta. I'd rather have yayo out there on that line then gio. The fact that in an every game is like the playoffs for us scenario, he's putting gionta on the second fvcking line, is ridiculous even if its for 1 period. And Gionta will have more than 10 minutes tonight, barring injury. And it has nothing to do with us winning or not. He's going to get 2nd line time for a large chunk of the game and he's going to be out there on the PK. He's probably going to get like 16min tonight.

I mean fvck if you wanna roll the dice on a 4th line guy, Ryan carter is the best player on the 3rd line by far. Elias can play center move carts up, he deserved it earlier in the season before his injury.

Edited by Sneax, 30 January 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#811 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

I will be shocked if he doesn't juggle the lines in the 2nd- depending in the score.

I'm just happy it looks like Merrill is in and were either going 7d or gelinas is out.

#812 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

How long do we have to wait for you accept being wrong. Pete overuses gionta. I'd rather have yayo out there on that line then gio. The fact that in an every game is like the playoffs for us scenario, he's putting gionta on the second fvcking line, is ridiculous even if its for 1 period. And Gionta will have more than 10 minutes tonight, barring injury. And it has nothing to do with us winning or not. He's going to get 2nd line time for a large chunk of the game and he's going to be out there on the PK. He's probably going to get like 16min tonight.

I mean fvck if you wanna roll the dice on a 4th line guy, Ryan carter is the best player on the 3rd line by far. Elias can play center move carts up, he deserved it earlier in the season before his injury.

I agree with this 100%, I'm fine for rotating guys and adjusting the lineup when you're not winning, but if you want to put a 4th line guy in a top 6 role, it should be Carter or Bernier, not Gio.  

#813 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Gionta has had less than 10 mins of ice time at even strength ONCE in 2014. We have not won all those games. 

believe2.jpg

#814 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Lmfao Gionta on the second line. Probably punishing Patty for speaking out. #PeteLogic

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#815 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Also- I'm convinced Josefson fvcked Pete's wife or something. There's just no logical explanation for scratching him now. He played fine when he had a chance.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#816 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Also- I'm convinced Josefson fvcked Pete's wife or something. 

haha This is the only logical reason.

#817 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Gionta has had less than 10 mins of ice time at even strength ONCE in 2014. We have not won all those games.

sorry, I did not mean to insinuate that giontas toi is directly proportional to our winning %. What I meant was:

-Gionta will probably not stay in the top 6 for any significant period if time in this game
-if he does it means something is working.
-gionta has the lowest 5v5 toi of any of our regular forwards, yet gets the most hate.

I do not think gionta deserves to be in the lineup over jj and loktionov. I think moving him between Elias and Brunner is odd to say the least. But I'm not going to freak out over it until 1) I see if it's a legitimate move or last only a period and 2) if it sparks anything.

I don't like how this board is so black and white- every move is either good or bad and can either be hated or loved. There is a middle ground.

#818 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

During the pre-season, many saw the depth the Devils had was too good for Gionta to get a spot, especially with his two-way contract. Then it was clear the CBGB line was going to stay together at the expense of Josefson. Then Gionta got a look on the third line with injuries (though his play was the same old). Now tonight, the debut of second liner Stephen Gionta!

How about this...I know it is crazy, but how about getting your best players in the lineup and actually giving some of them a chance to do something. Jacob Josefson was impressive enough the last few games. Loktionov did some really solid things in his last stint in the lineup. But that wasn't enough. It's never enough.

I don't care if it is 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 shift, 1 game, whatever. There is nothing that Gionta has ever showed in his life that says he should be or is capable of playing on a 2nd line with the likes of an Elias or Brunner. 

logokx.jpg

#819 Scorpitron

Scorpitron

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Gionta doesn't deserve this but he needs to be booed at home loud enough to get the message across to DeBoer or at least to Lou re: Deboer.  The same goes with Salvador and his inexplicable heavy ice time every night.  It may piss off the other players or it may just go right over the dumbass's head, but it needs to be done.  I like Gionta and I like Salvador but their contributions do not warrant the way Deboer uses them.  It is a shame because Deboer is making people hate players who should be liked for being heart and soul guys.

#820 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Gionta doesn't deserve this but he needs to be booed at home loud enough to get the message across to DeBoer or at least to Lou re: Deboer.  The same goes with Salvador and his inexplicable heavy ice time every night.  It may piss off the other players or it may just go right over the dumbass's head, but it needs to be done.  I like Gionta and I like Salvador but their contributions do not warrant the way Deboer uses them.  It is a shame because Deboer is making people hate players who should be liked for being heart and soul guys.

Booing any player on your favourite team is really uncalled for unless there is a clear lack of interest/effort.

logokx.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users