1548 replies to this topic

#901 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Where he'll play for all of 10 minutes, maybe.  PDB will then throw him onto the 4th line or bench him, and go back to his familiar lines.  Just like he did with JJ.

Loktionov has played in 42 games this year.  He has played most of them off the 4th line - indeed, he averages 13:31 ice time per game.  I can understand this attitude, though, because Loktionov has not done all that much with that ice time, so sometimes it can be hard to notice him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#902 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Where he'll play for all of 10 minutes, maybe.  PDB will then throw him onto the 4th line or bench him, and go back to his familiar lines.  Just like he did with JJ.

This is what bugs me.  If you're gonna make a move like that, play them for the same 17-20 minutes as a normal top line center would play.  Boucher when here was getting 12 minutes a game.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#903 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

This is what bugs me. If you're gonna make a move like that, play them for the same 17-20 minutes as a normal top line center would play. Boucher when here was getting 12 minutes a game.

this is fair so long as you understand that toi doesn't occur in a vacuum- by giving loktionov more minutes it takes away from zajac's and henrique's, and I'm jot sure that's the right thing to do. Similarly with Boucher you'd be taking minutes from clowe zubrus and elias(when he was healthy).

Edited by dmann422, 05 February 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#904 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

this is fair so long as you understand that toi doesn't occur in a vacuum- by giving loktionov more minutes it takes away from zajac's and henrique's, and I'm jot sure that's the right thing to do. Similarly with Boucher you'd be taking minutes from clowe zubrus and elias(when he was healthy).

True but I don't think an additional 3-4 minutes is a huge deal.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#905 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

True but I don't think an additional 3-4 minutes is a huge deal.

3-4 minutes a game becomes a big deal. Since you play that much more over a longer period of time. You can't score if you're not on the ice. If you consistently take that time away from a better player to give to an inferior one, you will get less goals overall.  

Edited by Sneax, 05 February 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#906 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

3-4 minutes a game becomes a big deal. Since you play that much more over a longer period of time. You can't score if you're not on the ice. If you consistently take that time away from a better player to give to an inferior one, you will get less goals overall.  

Well you can simply take away minutes from the CBGB line as well.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#907 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

Well you can simply take away minutes from the CBGB line as well.

that line averages 10 minutes a game- you want to drop them down to 5 ish? People are already complaining about Pete playing the top lines too much...

#908 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

that line averages 10 minutes a game- you want to drop them down to 5 ish? People are already complaining about Pete playing the top lines too much...

(technically.. People are complaining way too much all the time) (but that's just me... ) 

(and i'm French.. it's second nature to complain for me ! So.. that speak volume ) 

#909 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

(technically.. People are complaining way too much all the time) (but that's just me... )
(and i'm French.. it's second nature to complain for me ! So.. that speak volume )

hey don't be so hard in the french- when I visited Paris I found very little complaining.

Now those french canadiens are another story...

#910 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,846 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Good on Pete: Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Looking like Cory Schneider will be the starting goaiie for the Devils again Friday vs. Edmonton. Brodeur still on ice. Schneider has left.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#911 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

I'm talking about Loktionov and only Loktionov.  Give Gionta like 8 minutes.  And give Loktionov like 15 minutes.  That way, the whole line can get a good amount of ice time, and not 2/3 of it.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#912 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,490 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

So it turns out a couple of us here called it.. Lokti got booted off that top unit pretty early on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#913 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Other then a tap in goal, Loktionov really wasn't playing that well. Boucher will be back up after the Olympic break and NJ will assess if they need to make a move. 

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#914 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Other then a tap in goal, Loktionov really wasn't playing that well. Boucher will be back up after the Olympic break and NJ will assess if they need to make a move. 

Kind of irrelevant. He got that goal and was decent enough. What more could you ask in 5-6 min of hockey? Once again the mid game line changes did nothing. Stephen Gionta was continuing to throw pucks at teammates' feet and was having trouble corralling a pass, yet he gets moved up to the second line, which everyone knows will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be a good move. I don't think that line had a good shift after.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#915 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

At the very least Gelinas needs to be in the lineup after the Olympic break. This team needs every goal it can possibly get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#916 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,846 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Erat lmfao. I'm following online because I'm not home, I'm gonna need a recap of the Pete presser. TG better fire away.

#917 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,846 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

Yeah wrong thread there obviously lol.

#918 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

At the very least Gelinas needs to be in the lineup after the Olympic break. This team needs every goal it can possibly get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed.  We're 0-12 on the PP since sending him down.

Edited by Mike Brown, 08 February 2014 - 10:45 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#919 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,642 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Erat lmfao. I'm following online because I'm not home, I'm gonna need a recap of the Pete presser. TG better fire away.

Nothing to recap, they showed three meh questions all from Deb.  Maybe Lou barred the other beat guys from asking anything :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#920 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

Nothing to recap, they showed three meh questions all from Deb.  Maybe Lou barred the other beat guys from asking anything :P

LOL. Deb. That's great. This organization has absolutely zero accountability from top to bottom and everyone in it knows it. Brooks was spot on in his article a month or two back. 

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users