1548 replies to this topic

#61 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Alright, well it would seem that's one thing PDB is understanding.  

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#62 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

Shocked but happy that Schneider is being given another start. Surprised how well Brodeur is dealing with it.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#63 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

I want our defense to look like this.

Greene

Salvador

Gelinas

Fayne

Larsson

Zidlicky

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#64 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Has anyone noticed an extra pep in Volchenkov's step lately? I think he's been getting gradually better with every game, to the point where I think we're better with him on the ice than off, which is something I don't think we've been able to say for a little over a year and a half. 

I think he's looked solid and has been putting on some great hits, even in the Rangers game, and especially in the Columbus game. That hit on Dubinsky was absolutely beautiful and was ruined by Dubinsky somehow taking offense, like a pansy.

I hope Volchenkov's trending upward, maybe it's a bright spot that Stevens can have as a defensive coach; if there's anyone he can make better, I think it's guy like Volchenkov.

#65 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,962 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Nice pairings during the morning skate:

Greene-Fayne

Volchenkov-Zidlicky

Gelinas-Larsson

Elias in for Tedenby. Loktionov centering Elias and Jagr.

Edited by devilsrule33, 24 October 2013 - 09:38 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#66 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Nice pairings during the morning skate:

Greene-Fayne

Volchenkov-Zidlicky

Gelinas-Larsson

Elias in for Tedenby. Loktionov centering Elias and Jagr.

I like everything about this. 

..what's going on?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#67 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Harrold is out...? I don't believe it.

#68 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

I want Gelinas and Larsson to have awesome games so Harrold doesn't see the ice for 3 months, Harrold has been demotion-worthy with how bad he's been, about time he's sat
25smul5.png

#69 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Has anyone noticed an extra pep in Volchenkov's step lately? I think he's been getting gradually better with every game, to the point where I think we're better with him on the ice than off, which is something I don't think we've been able to say for a little over a year and a half. 

I think he's looked solid and has been putting on some great hits, even in the Rangers game, and especially in the Columbus game. That hit on Dubinsky was absolutely beautiful and was ruined by Dubinsky somehow taking offense, like a pansy.

I hope Volchenkov's trending upward, maybe it's a bright spot that Stevens can have as a defensive coach; if there's anyone he can make better, I think it's guy like Volchenkov.

Even at his worst, he's always been good on the penalty kill. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#70 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Loktionov top line C? Eh...

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#71 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Loktionov top line C? Eh...

He's probably not going to be out there against other top lines. I imagine Zajac will get that duty.

#72 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,491 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'm not a big fan of these lines - I'd like to see Jagr and Elias separated.  I have no idea which of these lines is matching the Sedins but I fear it is Carter-Gionta-Bernier, which is a terrifying proposition.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#73 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Even at his worst, he's always been good on the penalty kill. 

Agreed. I've gotten on Volchenkov and others, but more out of frustration over the handling of Fayne and Larsson. Volchenkov and Salvador have actually been pretty solid this year, especially on the PK. The Devils have the 7th most effective PK so far by killed off % and 3rd most effective by shots against/60 at 42.4. Salvador has played 77.5% of the Devils SH ice time and Volchenkov 67.6% so they've been stepping up a lot for the Devils.

Honestly, DeBoer's fascination with Harrold and jerking around of Fayne and Larsson is the problem. I think the contracts of Salvador and Volchenkov earn them more grief than they actually deserve.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#74 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Agreed. I've gotten on Volchenkov and others, but more out of frustration over the handling of Fayne and Larsson. Volchenkov and Salvador have actually been pretty solid this year, especially on the PK. The Devils have the 7th most effective PK so far by killed off % and 3rd most effective by shots against/60 at 42.4. Salvador has played 77.5% of the Devils SH ice time and Volchenkov 67.6% so they've been stepping up a lot for the Devils.

Honestly, DeBoer's fascination with Harrold and jerking around of Fayne and Larsson is the problem. I think the contracts of Salvador and Volchenkov earn them more grief than they actually deserve.

It's just tough when Volch is the highest paid d-man on the roster. He's going to get flak no matter what unless he can all of sudden start playing better than anyone else on D.

#75 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

I hope when Salvador gets back, Volch is removed.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#76 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

I hope when Salvador gets back, Volch is removed.

a lot of volch haters on this board .. yea he has his bad plays sometimes but i dont mind him too much to be honest.. hes a big body hes around to lay some hits and he plays a physical game which is needed here. i thought he had a pretty good game last night from what i can remember of him.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#77 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

How about using Harrold as a forward from now on instead of waiving him? Not that he's going to be waived, I just saw it mentioned on here a couple of times. I actually think he has a good offensive upside and he could easily replace Gionta (although we know that will never happen). Harrold is definitely too small to play defense on this team as Lou said and they have used him at forward before.

And it would make permanent room for Fayne or Gelinas.

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 26 October 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#78 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

How about using Harrold as a forward from now on instead of waiving him? Not that he's going to be waived, I just saw it mentioned on here a couple of times. I actually think he has a good offensive upside and he could easily replace Gionta (although we know that will never happen). Harrold is definitely too small to play defense on this team as Lou said and they have used him at forward before.

And it would make permanent room for Fayne or Gelinas.

It would be a waste to have him in over JJ at forward. Rather see him waived.

#79 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

It would be a waste to have him in over JJ at forward. Rather see him waived.

yeah..Lou can pickup a guy like Harrold in free agency or via trade if needed again

JJ had a good game against the rags and really should be playing

#80 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

New Jersey Devils GM Lou Lamoriello sent out an email last week offering up an unnamed "veteran defenceman" around. D Marek Zidlicky, 36, is the oldest player on the club's blueline while D Anton Volchenkov, D Peter Harrold and Andy Greene all qualify in the "veteran" category. It is doubtful the Devils will be able to move anybody. By the way, teams often send out an email without naming names to try to protect the innocent.

From Bruce Garrioch http://www.ottawasun...good-trade-bait

Now Bruce is usually full of speculation and junk, but this is a direct fact he's alledging happened.

I can't imagine it being Andy or Marek. As much as people love or hate Zid, he's our top scorer at the moment...and adding it into Gelly, Greene - we have more offensive minded that I can remember having in quite some time. If we drop out of the playoff, but Zid continues to produce, he will be worth a small ransom given his contract status and ability.

It's not going to be Sal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users