1548 replies to this topic

#981 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Is it fair to say that if DeBoer is back next year then Volchenkov gets the compliance buyout? Yeah, Lou has final say but I get the impression that Salvador is one of DeBoer's favorites and having him with 1 year left as opposed to 2 for Volchenkov could factor into it. Volchenkov has the higher cap hit too (not that the cap is an issue for the Devils). 

unfortunately, i don't think it matters who is the coach. the only way, i think anton doesn't get bought out (or moved) is if lou continues with his "i like a logjam defense" roster strategy.

that being said, there is certainly a scenario where both are here next year:

greene-larsson

gelinas-merrill

volchenkov-salvador

harrold

zidlicky and fayne are both UFA. the other 7 are not.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#982 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't regier still gm when vanek was traded? Also I think buffalo is at least 3 years away especially if they trade miller.

I don't know and its not even relevant who the GM was at the time.  They fleeced the Islanders and Moulsen and Miller will provide alot of quality picks to build from.   Murray is an excellent talent evaluator.  I would say in two years the Sabres will be very competitive.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#983 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

unfortunately, i don't think it matters who is the coach. the only way, i think anton doesn't get bought out (or moved) is if lou continues with his "i like a logjam defense" roster strategy.

that being said, there is certainly a scenario where both are here next year:

greene-larsson
gelinas-merrill
volchenkov-salvador
harrold

zidlicky and fayne are both UFA. the other 7 are not.

I don't think buying out volch would be a Lou thing to do. And the more I think about it the more I think zidlicky might be back next year (unfortunately IMO).

I don't know and its not even relevant who the GM was at the time.  They fleeced the Islanders and Moulsen and Miller will provide alot of quality picks to build from.   Murray is an excellent talent evaluator.  I would say in two years the Sabres will be very competitive.

no doubt it was a great trade, especially if the islanders fall on their face again next year and they get a top 10 pick, but a lot of that roster will have to be rehauled before they can be any sort of a cup contender.

#984 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

I'm not knocking Murray but Regier deserves some credit for when the turn around happens. He's the one who completed the Vanek trade and left Murray with an excellent prospect group (ranked 3rd by Hockey Prospectus). He also got Murray another asset to trade away in Moulson. He could have left the organization a lot worse off than he did. 

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#985 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Sal looks as bad as ever. Hopefully he can get it going, but I don't know...

#986 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

really? I thought he's had a strong game- not amazing but he made some nice solid plays

#987 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

really? I thought he's had a strong game- not amazing but he made some nice solid plays

Agreed.  I liked his game a lot tonight.  That was an insane block he had.  Hopefully he's ok.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#988 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

He fumbled a few pucks and was lost on the second CBJ goal

#989 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Any status on Brunner and Salvador? If both are out I wonder what the lines look like tomorrow. If it's a long term thing I wonder of they bring up Larsson just go with 7 d- gelinas was pretty bad 5v5 last night and bernier can play with henrique and Elias.

Maybe just wishful thinking...

#990 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

I thought he was pretty good and I'm usually his biggest critic. Hope he's okay, that block looked paaaaainful.

#991 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

yeah Salvador was as bad as usual - made a nice block and had a good play or two, but there were several where he was just lost.  Given that there was no update on his condition last night I think he'll be out a while and that means Volchenkov draws into the lineup.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#992 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

Part of me is upset that we have to have Bernier slot into the second line when we neeed goal scoring to replace Brunner. I wish we only carried 7D and that way we could've thrown Boucher or even Matteau in there today.

#993 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

yeah Salvador was as bad as usual - made a nice block and had a good play or two, but there were several where he was just lost. Given that there was no update on his condition last night I think he'll be out a while and that means Volchenkov draws into the lineup.

http://blogs.northje..._charley_horse/

Looks like we just can't get Sal out of the lineup lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#994 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

http://blogs.northje..._charley_horse/

Looks like we just can't get Sal out of the lineup lol.

Sal playing at less than 100% is not very appealing. I hate this whole hockey mentality, "I have to fight through this pain"

#995 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Sal playing at less than 100% is not very appealing. I hate this whole hockey mentality, "I have to fight through this pain"

Sal at less than 100% is horrifying. Combined with Marty in net, and I'm nervous as fvck about this game.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#996 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

Pretty sure PDB will sit him down and play Volchenkov when they have 8 D at hand.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#997 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

I knew this would happen. Brodeur starts Tuesday.

I have no clue what the fvck is going on in this organization. Just bend over Lou and Pete for Brodeur.

I feel sorry for Cory. I feel sorry for fans. I'm also fvcking pissed.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#998 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

I knew this would happen. Brodeur starts Tuesday.

I have no clue what the fvck is going on in this organization. Just bend over Lou and Pete for Brodeur.

I feel sorry for Cory. I feel sorry for fans. I'm also fvcking pissed.

wait. what. they can't be this stupid

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#999 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

Damn, that's gonna be an emotional night if it's Marty's last game. Kinda wish I hadn't sold my tickets for that one.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1000 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

If this is it for Brodeur I'm okay with it.  If it is not, it's just a bad move.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users