1548 replies to this topic

#1021 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Either way, the fans get to say goodbye in a game situation, even if he doesn't get dealt. They might not get a chance to do that regardless. That's pretty cool.

Plus, after this game, you don't need Pete to be thinking about final this or final that for Brodeur. This should be it. Hopefully it's a great night.

Any chance Marty is traded before the game tomorrow?!?!?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#1022 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Any chance Marty is traded before the game tomorrow?!?!?

Cmon... Really?

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1023 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

It doesn't matter....there is just no God damn excuse for this. Cory played lights out for over a month and gives up four to SJ on a back to back. Let's not mention that none of the goals were on him. The poor guy gets no leeway

Goals 3 and 4 are ones he could have had.  The Cory Schneider we saw before the Olympics would have stopped both of those goals.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1024 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Got tickets for my Dad and me for tomorrow.  No way I'm missing what might be Marty's last game.  Going to be a really weird night.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 03 March 2014 - 08:27 PM.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#1025 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

I'm going as per the St. Louis Blues snow game.  Free games are fun.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1026 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

If anyone hasn't read Marty's quotes to TG today, here they are: http://blogs.northje...her_hes_traded/

That doesn't sound like a guy who's gonna be hanging around. Go get your tickets and come see Marty's (likely) last game in the red and black.

#1027 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

If anyone hasn't read Marty's quotes to TG today, here they are: http://blogs.northje...her_hes_traded/

That doesn't sound like a guy who's gonna be hanging around. Go get your tickets and come see Marty's (likely) last game in the red and black.

I'm depressed and sad.  :(

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1028 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

At this point he almost has to be moved. So much drama and distraction from a backup goalie.

Edited by Lateralous, 03 March 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#1029 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

Yeah I think there's a strong passive-aggressive tone in that article (again, just my opinion.  Hard to get a full grasp just reading quotes, I could be off-base).

It makes me really sad, but I think it'd be best if he's traded at this point.  His sons are out in Minnesota, he's got Benedict Parise out there to welcome him and help him get settled in..I think it's his best option.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

#1030 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

So, I have an interesting perspective to report here - fair warning, this is going to sound like one of those bullsh!t fake sources, but I've been around here for a while and you guys know I'm not one to make sh!t up.  I can promise you this is direct from a member of the extended Brodeur family.  Take it for what it's worth:

Apparently, Marty wants to be traded, but Lou doesn't want to move him.  As in, Marty's already waived and asked out, and Lou's the one holding back from pulling the trigger.  Why, I don't know.

Again, I know this is going to piss some of you off, so you can just ignore it if you'd like to.  But I'm not one to make stuff up for the attention.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

#1031 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

So, I have an interesting perspective to report here - fair warning, this is going to sound like one of those bullsh!t fake sources, but I've been around here for a while and you guys know I'm not one to make sh!t up. I can promise you this is direct from a member of the extended Brodeur family. Take it for what it's worth:

Apparently, Marty wants to be traded, but Lou doesn't want to move him. As in, Marty's already waived and asked out, and Lou's the one holding back from pulling the trigger. Why, I don't know.

Again, I know this is going to piss some of you off, so you can just ignore it if you'd like to. But I'm not one to make stuff up for the attention.

I don't see why that is that far fetched. Marty has come off as a total baby once he was clearly the back-up. Given the fact that he has relatively little, if any trade value, Lou probably doesn't want to move a guy who has been the face of the franchise for so long. Lou's history suggests he wouldn't be comfortable with a young guy like Kinkaid as the backup so it might even cost the Devils more for a new backup than they get for Brodeur. MB41 seemed like he pressed Lou pretty hard for the 2 year deal, hiring an agent and all, so Lou might not be jumping through hoops to let him out of it either.

Edited by Lateralous, 03 March 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#1032 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

I don't see why that is that far fetched. Marty has come off as a total baby once he was clearly the back-up. Given the fact that he has relatively little, if any trade value, Lou probably doesn't want to move a guy who has been the face of the franchise for so long. Lou's history suggests he wouldn't be comfortable with a young guy like Kinkaid as the backup so it might even cost the Devils more for a new backup than they get for Brodeur. MB41 seemed like he pressed Lou pretty hard for the 2 year deal, hiring an agent and all, so Lou might not be jumping through hoops to let him out of it.

Oh it's not a far fetched bit of info, it just sounds sketchy.  I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I had to keep it annoyingly vague, and I know I personally can't stand it when someone comes here and says "Oh I know someone who knows someone who said ...".

But yeah, good points about Lou's potential reasoning there.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

#1033 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

So, I have an interesting perspective to report here - fair warning, this is going to sound like one of those bullsh!t fake sources, but I've been around here for a while and you guys know I'm not one to make sh!t up. I can promise you this is direct from a member of the extended Brodeur family. Take it for what it's worth:

Apparently, Marty wants to be traded, but Lou doesn't want to move him. As in, Marty's already waived and asked out, and Lou's the one holding back from pulling the trigger. Why, I don't know.

Again, I know this is going to piss some of you off, so you can just ignore it if you'd like to. But I'm not one to make stuff up for the attention.

I think that sounds totally plausible, given Marty's quotes today. He kept saying 'if I'm traded' and how 'its out of my hands', even though we know it really isn't. Its very believable to think Marty wants out and Lou is the one holding back. And can anyone blame Lou? This has to be the hardest transaction he's ever had to make in his career.

#1034 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

Its also hard to explain to the fanbase that you just traded Martin Brodeur, the common bond shard by every generation of Devils fan, the winningest goalie who's ever lived, the greatest Devil of all-time, and the face of the franchise for two decades for a third round pick.

#1035 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

So, I have an interesting perspective to report here - fair warning, this is going to sound like one of those bullsh!t fake sources, but I've been around here for a while and you guys know I'm not one to make sh!t up.  I can promise you this is direct from a member of the extended Brodeur family.  Take it for what it's worth:

Apparently, Marty wants to be traded, but Lou doesn't want to move him.  As in, Marty's already waived and asked out, and Lou's the one holding back from pulling the trigger.  Why, I don't know.

Again, I know this is going to piss some of you off, so you can just ignore it if you'd like to.  But I'm not one to make stuff up for the attention.

Is that from his nephews "Devils" facebook fan group? The group is titled "REAL NJ DEVILS FANS" yet 90% of the talk is about how Brodeur should play because he has more wins this year. It makes my head hurt.

#1036 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

Is that from his nephews "Devils" facebook fan group? The group is titled "REAL NJ DEVILS FANS" yet 90% of the talk is about how Brodeur should play because he has more wins this year. It makes my head hurt.

Noo no, I'm not part of that cancerous group. The discussions there during the Urbom "fiasco" quickly showed me it wasn't worth looking there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

#1037 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,050 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

It takes two to tango and it is not easily to slide Brodeur's contract on to another team.  That's why even if I were a team that wanted him, I would wait as long as possible to take on the contract.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1038 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

I'm not shocked by that rumour. It is clear Brodeur wants a deal. He has been saying these BS quotes since 8 games into the year when Cory was originally given the starting job. "Maybe I can help the team by being moved"..and so on.

Brodeur doesn't sound sentimental at all with these rumours. He's very calm and in control, and it seems to me he is 100% the driving force. Lou has always had 0% percent interest in ever trading Brodeur, and Marty makes it seem like he has no clue what will happen. The only thing he doesn't know is if Lou will actually pull the trigger on his request. He's not saying that and really boxing Lou in.

It's a shame that Brodeur can't except he isn't a starter anymore. He has no interest in being a backup..that's fine. But you want to be a soon-to-be 42-year-old goalie who gets to play a lot...when all the stats say you have been as bad as any NHL goalie over the last 3 seasons. Just can't happen. Having said that...it's for the best that he goes now with that attitude. The only issue is you have a GM that doesn't want to make it happen.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1039 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

I'm not shocked by that rumour. It is clear Brodeur wants a deal. He has been saying these BS quotes since 8 games into the year when Cory was originally given the starting job. "Maybe I can help the team by being moved"..and so on.

Brodeur doesn't sound sentimental at all with these rumours. He's very calm and in control, and it seems to me he is 100% the driving force. Lou has always had 0% percent interest in ever trading Brodeur, and Marty makes it seem like he has no clue what will happen. The only thing he doesn't know is if Lou will actually pull the trigger on his request. He's not saying that and really boxing Lou in.

It's a shame that Brodeur can't except he isn't a starter anymore. He has no interest in being a backup..that's fine. But you want to be a soon-to-be 42-year-old goalie who gets to play a lot...when all the stats say you have been as bad as any NHL goalie over the last 3 seasons. Just can't happen. Having said that...it's for the best that he goes now with that attitude. The only issue is you have a GM that doesn't want to make it happen.

Most people I've known and met would probably act in a similar manner if a similar thing happened to them.  It's simple human nature.  While I'm not in Marty's head (quite frankly neither are you), I have to believe he knows Schneider is better than him. He's not delusional.  The guy has been doing this for 30+ years now.  It's not easy to just simply let go of something that's been a part of you for that long.  Also, just because he wants to keep doing it doesn't mean he's in denial about his abilities. Everybody has their egos.  It doesn't mean people don't realize their own flaws.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1040 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

I don't mind Marty starting (that much), but I don't know if PDB will go back to Schneider no matter what for the next game. Say Marty looks alright and the team wins 3-2, limiting Detroit to 18 shots or whatever...you have to go back to Schneider.

This just invites controversy.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users