1548 replies to this topic

#1061 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

You guys do realize Deboer was a lawyer, right?

#1062 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

When is Larsson gonna get called back up?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1063 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

When/if one of the 456 defensemen we have on the big club gets hurt.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1064 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

To practice with the team *if* they make the playoffs? I really don't expect to see him unless some injuries occur. Salvador, Zidlicky, Greene, and Fayne all seem like locks for DeBoer, Merrill has earned his trust (rightfully so imo), and if Gelinas becomes too much of a liability they still have Volchenkov and PDB's boy Harrold. 

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1065 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

To practice with the team *if* they make the playoffs? I really don't expect to see him unless some injuries occur. Salvador, Zidlicky, Greene, and Fayne all seem like locks for DeBoer, Merrill has earned his trust (rightfully so imo), and if Gelinas becomes too much of a liability they still have Volchenkov and PDB's boy Harrold. 

Nah they won't do that. Especially if Albany is in the playoffs

#1066 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

With the Ruutu trade what do you think our lines will look like tomorrow at practice? If I'm not mistaken Ruutu has played some center in the past for Carolina, so maybe DeBoer has a couple options here on where to slot this guy, the way I see it:

Zubrus/Clowe - Zajac - Jagr

Henrique - Elias - Brunner

Zubrus/Clowe - Ruutu - Ryder

Carter - Gionta - Bernier

or

Ruutu - Zajac - Jagr

Clowe - Zubrus - Ryder

I really think DeBoer has had Zubes penciled in here as a winger but he has played center in the past as well (mostly with Washington and Buffalo), but I see the first option with Ruutu at center more likely, just a matter if DeBoer wants Zubes or Clowe on that top line after Zubie's mediocre performance on Tuesday.

EDIT: Type-o on the 2nd set of lines

Edited by Brandon, 05 March 2014 - 10:31 PM.

25smul5.png

#1067 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

When/if one of the 456 defensemen we have on the big club gets hurt.

UGH!

Gelinas better not get sent down.  I don't need to remind everyone that his positives outweigh his negatives.  17 goals scored in the 4 games since he's been called back up.

Nah they won't do that. Especially if Albany is in the playoffs

UGH!

With the Ruutu trade what do you think our lines will look like tomorrow at practice? If I'm not mistaken Ruutu has played some center in the past for Carolina, so maybe DeBoer has a couple options here on where to slot this guy, the way I see it:

Zubrus/Clowe - Zajac - Jagr

Zubrus/Clowe - Ruutu - Ryder

or

Ruutu - Zajac - Jagr

Clowe - Zubrus - Ryder

I really think DeBoer has had Zubes penciled in here as a winger but he has played center in the past as well (mostly with Washington and Buffalo), but I see the first option with Ruutu at center more likely, just a matter if DeBoer wants Zubes or Clowe on that top line after Zubie's mediocre performance on Tuesday.

EDIT: Type-o on the 2nd set of lines

ZZPops 2.0 and HEB shouldn't be broken up imo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1068 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

I could see this trade making a forward available at the draft. Lets assume Jagr resigns with the Devils, that leave Jagr, Zajac, Ruutu, Henrique, Elias, Brunner, Clowe, Ryder, Zubrus all as top 9 forwards with Boucher almost certain to be ready. Ryder seems like the most likely scenario.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1069 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,015 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

As most thought both getting a game this weekend: Cory - Friday and Brodeur - Saturday (Per TG). The fact that Pete has announced both games this early tells me everything I need to know about the situation.

Cory probably has to play very well Friday (get a win!), or Brodeur might be getting the next game after the weekend.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1070 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

Schneider starting tomorrow.  I really see Marty getting five or less starts the remainder of the year, and they will be against weak opponents and/or when the Devils know that they are in or out of the playoffs.

EDIT:  Whoops, didn't see that Marty was already given the start on Saturday.  Still against a weak opponent though.

Edited by Daniel, 06 March 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1071 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

As most thought both getting a game this weekend: Cory - Friday and Brodeur - Saturday (Per TG). The fact that Pete has announced both games this early tells me everything I need to know about the situation.

Cory probably has to play very well Friday (get a win!), or Brodeur might be getting the next game after the weekend.

Schneider getting the 1st game actually gives me some optimism they are going to stick with him. I would've been more worried if Brodeur got the 1st game and then was in line to rest for the 2nd so he would be set up for the game after the weekend.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1072 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Schneider starting tomorrow.  I really see Marty getting five or less starts the remainder of the year, and they will be against weak opponents and/or when the Devils know that they are in or out of the playoffs.

EDIT:  Whoops, didn't see that Marty was already given the start on Saturday.  Still against a weak opponent though.

That's a bet.  I bet he gets over 5 starts.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1073 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,015 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Schneider getting the 1st game actually gives me some optimism they are going to stick with him. I would've been more worried if Brodeur got the 1st game and then was in line to rest for the 2nd so he would be set up for the game after the weekend.

I am pretty sure Pete doesn't usually announce a starter of the second half of a back-to-back a day before the first one. I just think if Brodeur wins and Cory loses (regardless of offensive support or GA, definitely not save percentage), Pete will think long and hard about for the next game.

This is a man that talked about the Devils record with Janssen in the lineup. He might just go with Brodeur because of the goal support factor, and win factor.

Edited by devilsrule33, 06 March 2014 - 02:41 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1074 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

I am pretty sure Pete doesn't usually announce a starter of the second half of a back-to-back a day before the first one. I just think if Brodeur wins and Cory loses (regardless of offensive support or GA, definitely not save percentage), Pete will think long and hard about for the next game.

This is a man that talked about the Devils record with Janssen in the lineup. He might just go with Brodeur because of the goal support factor, and win factor.

That's just it though, the odds of that are not particularly high.  I agree that that will be the calculus, but Schneider gives the Devils a better chance to win, so the odds are better that he will.  It's the least likely outcome of both guys starting in a weekend (and starting against teams of equal strength).  One break Brodeur gets is that both Carolina and the Devils are traveling after playing on Friday.

Edited by Triumph, 06 March 2014 - 02:50 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1075 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Might want to amend that number a little more...

http://www.nj.com/de...new_jersey.html

"I'm intrigued a little bit. I'm pretty excited now to be here and not have to go anywhere. Certain situations that happen are out of your control. I want to play some games and I want to play in the playoffs. These are some of the (things) I asked Lou when we had conversations about playing time and if we get in the playoffs. So I expect to play and I expect myself to try to be in the playoffs also. It's up to me to play well when I'm called upon."

:rolleyes:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 March 2014 - 04:30 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1076 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,015 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Might want to amend that number a little more...

http://www.nj.com/de...new_jersey.html

:rolleyes:

Marty > Lou >                                                                                                                                                  Pete

"We understand it's a coach's decision. If I have anyone to blame, I won't blame it on Cory, that's for sure. I'll blame it on somebody else first. He's an athlete and he wants to play. That's normal. It would be a shame for a top goalie to be afraid to play or happy to be sitting on the bench."

What a relief for Cory!

Edited by devilsrule33, 06 March 2014 - 04:35 PM.

logokx.jpg

#1077 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Hopefully that's the end of Marty talking about his situation for a while.  I'll always love the guy for many reasons, but for right now I think I'm starting to grow tired of his honesty, which more and more seems to be centered around what's best for Marty and not for anyone else.  Please go low-key and play your best when called upon. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1078 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

If we make the playoffs, Marty shouldn't be playing a single game. But we all know the odds of that... He'll be in for game 1.

#1079 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,738 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Here Marty... just keep digging that hole...

Shovel-with-bow.jpg

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1080 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hey Marty, maybe you should blame yourself for not realizing your limitations here... But good to know you don't blame Cory, that's a relief.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users