1548 replies to this topic

#1081 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Here Marty... just keep digging that hole...

It really has reached the "Please stop, for the love of God" threshhold.  This latest batch of quotes doesn't really come off well. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1082 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

complain complain complain my god
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1083 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Marty, SHUT UP

#1084 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

I'm interested to see clowe up with zajac and jägr him with Ryder as doing nothing lately.

Also any word on green? I read he let practice early?

#1085 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

Man, I thought I'd want Marty to be a Devil forever. Now I can't wait for him to go away.

believe-devs.jpg

#1086 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

I'm interested to see clowe up with zajac and jägr him with Ryder as doing nothing lately.

Also any word on green? I read he let practice early?

Clowe has actually been pretty productive: 17 pts in 31 games.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1087 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

agreed ive been surprised by his production since hes been healthy i hope he can continue to contribute.. unlike ryder and brunner who have become ghosts .. we need consistency from everyone
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1088 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

right clowe has been ok but he wasn't benefiting by being with Ryder... Hopefully they both find better production separately.

#1089 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

holy sh!t if brodeur is supposed to play in the playoffs, we might have to form a human chain around the rock and not let him in 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1090 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

holy sh!t if brodeur is supposed to play in the playoffs, we might have to form a human chain around the rock and not let him in

Lmfao, best idea I've heard yet.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1091 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Come gather round, children,
    It's high time ye learned
    'Bout a hero named Cory
    And a devil named Lou
    We'll march 'till we drop
    The girls and the fellas.
    We'll fight 'till the death
    Or else fold like umbrellas.
    So we'll march day and night
    By the Prudential tower.
    Lou has his "son"
    But we have the power (not really)

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1092 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Guys, guys, c'mon.  Brodeur isn't going to play in the playoffs, let's not be ridiculous. His play so far has already cost the team the playoffs.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1093 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

.884 save% for Marty in his last 16 starts.  3+ goals allowed in 10 of those games.

.937 save% for Cory in his last 16 starts.  3+ goals allowed in 2 of those games.

WHAT THE fvck ARE YOU WATCHING PDB AND LOU?! 

Maybe simple friggin' logic will dare to rear its ugly head, but I can't believe Pete "I don't care about save%" DeBoer is that incapable of noticing a chasm THAT wide.  God-DAMN I hope Pete and Lou will stop fawning over what Marty was, realize what Marty IS, and start making decisions for the good of everyone else on the roster not named Martin Brodeur. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 07 March 2014 - 07:24 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1094 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Didn't know where to put this so I'll throw it here. Thanks to @zellenthal here is a comparison of the UFA D. Check out the player usage chart, Fayne's been a beast! 5th in CF% Rel, 3rd in CF%, t-9th in toughest zone starts, and t-5th in toughest QoC. Really hope they can re-sign him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1095 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Didn't know where to put this so I'll throw it here. Thanks to @zellenthal here is a comparison of the UFA D. Check out the player usage chart, Fayne's been a beast! 5th in CF% Rel, 3rd in CF%, t-9th in toughest zone starts, and t-5th in toughest QoC. Really hope they can re-sign him.

it's a shame, because i like fayne and think he won't get a big contract. but larsson needs to get in this lineup next year. while just not resigning zidlicky helps, they would still need to cut bait with volchenkov (quite possible) or salvador (no way we're that lucky) if fayne is retained.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1096 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Fayne would obviously be a great signing at double his current salary, but I hesitate to anoint him only because so much of his career has come with Greene or Tallinder.  I'm not sure if there's a player around who is used so oddly - plays on top pairing but doesn't play any special teams.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1097 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

No Henrique at practice today... Great.

@TGfireandice: Told we'll have to wait til DeBoer gets off the ice to find out reason for Henrique's absence.

#1098 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

Was always a given Brodeur was going to start. There is the 3 wins in a row (very important to Pete), and he has had some very strong games against Philly (irrelevant, but something coaches always look at).

For everyone's sake, you now have to hope the Devils role with Brodeur because as long as they win, he will be starting.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1099 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

@TGfireandice: Devils say Henrique was resting. Is going to Philadelphia with team.

#1100 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

@TGfireandice: Devils say Henrique was resting. Is going to Philadelphia with team.

Phew. You had me worried with that previous post

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users