1548 replies to this topic

#101 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

I just hope that no matter what, the Devils don't go with 8 D again. I don't think that does anyone much good. I can see it happening though.

I do agree with triumph and think that Tedenby is likely to get waived (unless they do some sort of retroactive IR on Harrold).

I'm a huge Fayne fan and think he's underrated but I think he is the easiest and probably only D they could realistically trade (outside of Zidlicky who they definitely won't move). I don't want him gone but I think it happens. I doubt he's coming back after being yanked in and out of the line up constantly so they might as well get something for him.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 27 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#102 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

a lot of volch haters on this board .. yea he has his bad plays sometimes but i dont mind him too much to be honest.. hes a big body hes around to lay some hits and he plays a physical game which is needed here. i thought he had a pretty good game last night from what i can remember of him.

I like Volch too.  But Salvador is the better player, and they have similar roles on the team.  I think he did look good against Vancouver and not bad against Boston.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#103 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

Kinkaid sent down, Merrill called up.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#104 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

And Harrold to the IR. Interesting moves all around.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#105 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

nobody waived yet ?

#106 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Well this is the group of 6 a lot of people have wanted to see. Hard to believe we are actually seeing them this early in the season. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#107 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

Well this is the group of 6 a lot of people have wanted to see. Hard to believe we are actually seeing them this early in the season.

guys are dropping like flies.. zajac, elias, clowe, harrold, salvador... and im probably even leaving someone out.

Edited by Sik02gt, 03 November 2013 - 07:55 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#108 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

guys are dropping like flies.. zajac, elias, clowe, harrold, salvador... and im probably even leaving someone out.

Volchenkov. The reason Merrill is making his NHL debut tonight. 

logokx.jpg

#109 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm excited as hell!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#110 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Dreger was on NHL Network and said Edmonton is after blueline help big time, and that they may be looking to add more than one defenseman. Whaddya say Lou?

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#111 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Dreger was on NHL Network and said Edmonton is after blueline help big time, and that they may be looking to add more than one defenseman. Whaddya say Lou?

not knowing that team much off the top of my head... who would they have that we would have an interest in realistically
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#112 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,623 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

The Devils have 4 defensemen currently injured, if anything they're looking for help, not looking to trade players away.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#113 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

The Devils have 4 defensemen currently injured, if anything they're looking for help, not looking to trade players away.

True. I guess I'm still hoping we can dump that Volchenkov contract on someone lol.

#114 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Just an FYI. Urbom scored his first NHL goal tonight against Isles. Caps worked Isles tonight. Nice goal. Had lots of time to tee it up. 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#115 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Just an FYI. Urbom scored his first NHL goal tonight against Isles. Caps worked Isles tonight. Nice goal. Had lots of time to tee it up.

It wasn't his first NHL goal- it was his first of this season though. He actually scored a couple goals with the Devils.

#116 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

It wasn't his first NHL goal- it was his first of this season though. He actually scored a couple goals with the Devils.

yeah I believe that is his 3rd NHL goal 

Larsson has 2 ...just sayin

#117 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Fayne would be a perfect fit for them.  Plus we have a lot of good defense prospects.  Edmonton and the Devils would make good trading partners.

not knowing that team much off the top of my head... who would they have that we would have an interest in realistically

Hemsky, Gagner, or Arcobello

And we have several guys who can fill those spots.  We have a log jam at defense.

True. I guess I'm still hoping we can dump that Volchenkov contract on someone lol.

Volchenkov hasn't been bad imo.  Someone would be willing to take him.  We don't need both him and Salvador, and Salvador is more reliable than Volch.

yeah I believe that is his 3rd NHL goal 

Larsson has 2 ...just sayin

Larsson's offensive game will come.  If he reaches his peak, he'll be a steady 35 point guy.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#118 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Elias and Gionta back in during practice. Josefson and Tedenby look to be the extra forwards.

I don't give Deboer much crap here at all, but I just can't stand the Gionta thing. In the few games he was gone, the PK looked better, the 4th line looked better, yet he is right back in there. And at the expense of Josefson makes it all that much worse.

This is why there are advanced stats: so we can quantify that Gionta has been atrocious regardless what Deboer thinks with his preconceived opinions or ideas about what Gionta brings to the team or the idea of liking a Gionta type player with a nice story. The answer is nothing. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 14 November 2013 - 01:45 PM.

logokx.jpg

#119 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

fvck Gionta. I'm so goddamn sick of him and PDBs lovefest with him and Harrold.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#120 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

The only way Gionta will ever come out of the lineup permanently is he's waived or traded or something. DeBoer just loves the guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users