1548 replies to this topic

#1181 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

I can't believe you are saying my theory is insane after everything that has happened with the goalie situation this season.

I am not saying if Cory wins and Brodeur loses, he won't get the next star. I am saying Cory needs an excellent game to get a look at the next game after Tampa. If Cory wins 3-2 and Brodeur wins 4-3, who gets the next game? What about if Cory wins 3-0 and Brodeur wins 4-2? 

I think yeah in that case Brodeur gets the next start, but I think Cory would get the next start after that one regardless of what happened with Brodeur.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1182 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

This Cory vs Marty or Marty vs Cory is so tiring.

#1183 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Just think - we get to do it all over again next year!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1184 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Which is the worst part of all.

#1185 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Which is the worst part of all.

If it happens I'm taking a sabbatical until the draft.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1186 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

I doubt it.  There will be better communication with the situation than there was this year.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1187 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

I doubt it.  There will be better communication with the situation than there was this year.

How do you figure that? Marty "wants to play" and Cory is way better. I don't see Marty making a 180 and being a happy backup next year.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1188 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

How do you figure that? Marty "wants to play" and Cory is way better. I don't see Marty making a 180 and being a happy backup next year.

totally agree and he has already came out and said he wants to play again next year.. nothing will be different here with the goalie situation at all... obviously enless if he signs some where else but who knows i doubt that will happen
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1189 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

I certainly hope not. If next season the same is going on I will take a break from the Devil. BTW just so it is clear I blame Marty for all of this crap, 100%.

#1190 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Where is the evidence to support your statement other than your opinion? Marty isn't changing.

#1191 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

I certainly hope not. If next season the same is going on I will take a break from the Devil. BTW just so it is clear I blame Marty for all of this crap, 100%.

how could you blame marty for wanting to play the game? ... hes a player thats what they want to do play the game.. if your pissed about him getting time and possibly jacking up the whole "schneider transition" it should be management to blame not the player
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1192 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

There's a few teams that lack a 'true' starter and I think Brodeur is more likely to want to try his luck there than come in here for what's a sure backup position.  I also think he could wait for a goalie to get hurt before he signs.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1193 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

And saying he isn't is a opinion as well.

Where is the evidence to support your statement other than your opinion? Marty isn't changing.

#1194 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

And saying he isn't is a opinion as well.

There is empirical evidence to support his claim right now, Marty at his age is still clamoring for starter time, there is no indication that a switch will suddenly flip next year for him and he will be ok in a back up roll.

Totally different then making a blind assumption based on what you believe should happen.

Edited by Sneax, 13 March 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#1195 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

deboer mentioned how he prefers marty on 3+ days of rest as a reason for FL/Tampa decision.

i really expect cory to get the boston game unless he gets torched and looks bad vs florida and marty is lights out vs tampa (neither of which i expect)

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1196 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

Think how we have felt the last 10 years with you and only Marty. At least we get some variation here.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1197 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

For all we may know his mind can change, at any time. We're not behind the curtains with him and Lou. What happened at the deadline might make him see no one is starting him for fourty plus games a year.

There is empirical evidence to support his claim right now, Marty at his age is still clamoring for starter time, there is no indication that a switch will suddenly flip next year for him and he will be ok in a back up roll.

Totally different then making a blind assumption based on what you believe should happen.

#1198 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

For all we may know his mind can change, at any time. We're not behind the curtains with him and Lou. What happened at the deadline might make him see no one is starting him for fourty plus games a year.

Nothing he has said this year indicates that he will take a backseat if he returns. That is pure speculation with no evidence to support it. Whereas Lucifer is observing how Marty has acted and making a call based on that.

It is far more likely if Marty returns that he continues to believe he is a starter then it is for him to go gracefully into the sun set. Meanwhile no one is starting him 40 games a year but we are going to at this rate.

#1199 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

I would just enjoy a .925 streak of Brodeur to finish the season.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1200 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Everything. Is speculation at this point. No one knows anything till it happens and should taking with a grain of salt.

Nothing he has said this year indicates that he will take a backseat if he returns. That is pure speculation with no evidence to support it. Whereas Lucifer is observing how Marty has acted and making a call based on that.

It is far more likely if Marty returns that he continues to believe he is a starter then it is for him to go gracefully into the sun set. Meanwhile no one is starting him 40 games a year but we are going to at this rate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users