1548 replies to this topic

#1201 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

Think how we have felt the last 10 years with you and only Marty. At least we get some variation here.

I was correct about Marty it took all these years for other fans to catch on.

#1202 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,280 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

I would just enjoy a .925 streak of Brodeur to finish the season.

Who wouldn't?  But I'll take .910 or so.  At least it's not .898. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1203 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

I was correct about Marty it took all these years for other fans to catch on.

Lol. It also took all these years for him to get old. But good line.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1204 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Lol. It also took all these years for him to get old. But good line.

His mouth and attitude were always the same and that is more troubling to fans today than his play.

#1205 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Marty's has a team-first attitude.  His mouth was never something that bothered me, like most hockey players, they know what to say to media and its usually very similar, rarely anything out of the ordinary. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1206 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Who wouldn't?  But I'll take .910 or so.  At least it's not .898. 

If the team is just winning the games, that's fine with me. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1207 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

If the team is just winning the games, that's fine with me. 

You and PDB share this mentality - and honestly at this point in the season, so do I.  I'm over worrying about Cory's opinions or his likelihood to stay here long term.  If there was damage to be done..it's already occurred.  At this point just play out the season with the 'winningest' goaltender, and bid Marty farewell over the summer.

Although I will say, if the Devils do manage to make the playoffs..oh man the goalie drama will be soap opera worthy.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 14 March 2014 - 09:19 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1208 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

You and PDB share this mentality - and honestly at this point in the season, so do I.  I'm over worrying about Cory's opinions or his likelihood to stay here long term.  If there was damage to be done..it's already occurred.  At this point just play out the season with the 'winningest' goaltender, and bid Marty farewell over the summer.

Although I will say, if the Devils do manage to make the playoffs..oh man the goalie drama will be soap opera worthy.

Yeah, very true.  We have no idea what's going on behind closed doors, but I think both goalies have been great teammates imo.  Neither one has any negatives to say about the other and both understand that only one can get the net at a time.  Schneider just needs to remain patient and he's been awesome in terms of saying the right things and not stepping on any toes.  He has to understand that his time is likely to come sooner rather than later.  Marty will test the market but I think he could be back here as a backup, which I'm totally okay with.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1209 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

How creative are they allowed to make contracts? I'm guessing they all have to be pretty standard but I'm wondering if they can sign Marty to a half year deal next season or maybe sign him for a certain amount of wins (in other words if he needs 10 wins to get to 700, we sign him for a 10 win contract).

I'm not being very serious here but I do wonder how much freedom they have with contracts.

#1210 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

NJ Devils #1 in league for goal average after Olympic break - an avg of 4 per game

well thats weird

www.SterioDesign.com

#1211 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

How creative are they allowed to make contracts? I'm guessing they all have to be pretty standard but I'm wondering if they can sign Marty to a half year deal next season or maybe sign him for a certain amount of wins (in other words if he needs 10 wins to get to 700, we sign him for a 10 win contract).

I'm not being very serious here but I do wonder how much freedom they have with contracts.

Not that much.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1212 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

I'm too lazy to look this up, but I think NJ had ~25 shots per game going into the Olympic break.  Obviously they've been getting some nice shooting luck, but have their S/G increased during this stretch? My guess is no

#1213 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

They're at 29.14 shots per game since the break.  Overall they average 26 shots.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1214 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

They're at 29.14 shots per game since the break. Overall they average 26 shots.

Ahh that's good news then. Especially considering they have been leading in most of these games

#1215 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Ahh that's good news then. Especially considering they have been leading in most of these games

They've had a lead in every game since the break.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1216 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,983 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image

Lmfao.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1217 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,280 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

The 2010-11 Devils had a 7-game surge of offense (4 GPG) as well.  They were under 2 GPG before that, then averaged about 2.2-2.3 GPG the rest of the way (might have even been a little less than that).  Basically, that's a nice way of saying I'd be surprised if the Devils stay above 2.5 GPG in their remaining games.  Doesn't mean they can't win...just won't be surprised when the goals stop coming at this rate.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1218 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

The 2010-11 Devils had a 7-game surge of offense (4 GPG) as well.  They were under 2 GPG before that, then averaged about 2.2-2.3 GPG the rest of the way (might have even been a little less than that).  Basically, that's a nice way of saying I'd be surprised if the Devils stay above 2.5 GPG in their remaining games.  Doesn't mean they can't win...just won't be surprised when the goals stop coming at this rate.   

I dont think anyone expects the team to keep up this torrid pace, but the fact that the team is averaging over 3 shots per game more is a good sign. You also have to take into account goaltending has been pretty loosey goosey since the Olympics, which will probably not continue (if they start #35).  In general, I think we'll see more of the same, a bunch of tight hockey games that, hopefully, we're on the right side of

#1219 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

1624817_527463674041301_2021992181_n.jpg

Lmfao.

LOL! thats terrible
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1220 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

His mouth and attitude were always the same and that is more troubling to fans today than his play.

Hmmmmm, now who does that remind me of???  :P

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users