1548 replies to this topic

#1221 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Dellow made this...Jagr is the NJ forward, re-signing him is kind of a priority...

BitNFOZCYAEtX5Y.png

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1222 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

This roster management pisses me off even more with each loss. It's one thing if were making the playoffs and Larsson is in Albany. It's another fvckin story if we don't. Really pissing his career away now

#1223 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

This roster management pisses me off even more with each loss. It's one thing if were making the playoffs and Larsson is in Albany. It's another fvckin story if we don't. Really pissing his career away now

imagine how he must feel right now..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1224 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

imagine how he must feel right now..

Like a 21 year old working towards a spot on an NHL roster, most likely. This idea that young hockey players aren't willing to pay their dues and wait for their spot is kind of ridiculous. Letting him play big minutes in the AHL isn't a bad thing. He'll get bigger minutes in the NHL when the time comes, so its good that he's learning to handle it. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1225 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Apparently Ryder is dealing with some back issues according to TG which explains a lot. He's always been inconsistent but never this bad over a stretch of 20+ games. Josefson may end up playing tonight if Ryder can't go. Josefson has played just 4 games (42:17) in about the last 3 months so I imagine he'll be a bit rusty.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1226 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

I'm not one to usually go based on wins and losses but here is NJ's record with Gelinas in the lineup vs out of the lineup.

26 - 17 - 1 - 6

Why isn't he playing again?

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1227 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

I'm not one to usually go based on wins and losses but here is NJ's record with Gelinas in the lineup vs out of the lineup.

26 - 17 - 1 - 6

Why isn't he playing again?

Wins and losses is dumb.  He isn't playing because he's been a trainwreck on D.  Merrill has started to slip as well so I think maybe Gelinas should get another shot, but he hasn't been very good at ES in several months.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1228 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Wins and losses is dumb.  He isn't playing because he's been a trainwreck on D.  Merrill has started to slip as well so I think maybe Gelinas should get another shot, but he hasn't been very good at ES in several months.

They are missing Gelinas on the PP, but nowhere else. He was becoming unplayable on even strength for a while now. You could easily dress 7 defensemen but with Rutuu taking over Loktionov's spot, there isn't anyone I could see Pete scratching. Of course you could take Bernier or Carter out, but does anyone expect that?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1229 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

While this is true, his worth on PP is massive. I believe Merrill is finally breaking down after a very long first pro season and this would be the time to reinsert Gelinas.

#1230 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

While this is true, his worth on PP is massive. I believe Merrill is finally breaking down after a very long first pro season and this would be the time to reinsert Gelinas.

It's not as big as you would think - he plays very well but he is also getting very lucky.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1231 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

I like the guys, but at this point I don't care if any of the 4th line (Bernier, Gionta, Carter) guys go. All of their production has dropped dramatically from the last 2 seasons and the CBGB love fest has long ended for me. 

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1232 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Does anybody know why Pete separated Elias and Henrique?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1233 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

Because scoring goals is overrated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1234 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

Because scoring goals is overrated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You know, I really want to see a line of Henrique - Elias - Ryder again.  Ryder has been playing well despite not scoring.  I think maybe putting him on a line with those two might put him over the hump.  I wanna see it for a full game though.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1235 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

You know, I really want to see a line of Henrique - Elias - Ryder again.  Ryder has been playing well despite not scoring.  I think maybe putting him on a line with those two might put him over the hump.  I wanna see it for a full game though.

In what world has Ryder been playing well?

#1236 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:22 AM

In what world has Ryder been playing well?

He's been getting a lot of chances.  He just hasn't been putting the puck in the net.  His effort has been good imo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1237 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:59 AM

He's been getting a lot of chances.  He just hasn't been putting the puck in the net.  His effort has been good imo.

Maybe, but he isn't impressing anyone with his defensive effort.  Or his speed for that matter.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1238 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:16 AM

Maybe, but he isn't impressing anyone with his defensive effort.  Or his speed for that matter.

He's not good in either aspect for sure.  But that's also not his role.  But the Devils need him to start putting the puck in the net.  I think that's he's got the best chance if he plays with Elias.  Zubrus hasn't played center a lot in recent years, but Pete has no other choice imo.  Unless he wants to use Carter at center.  Elias is being wasted on the 3rd line, and I don't think it helps the team much with him being there.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1239 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

Pete wanted to reduce the numbers of goals being produced by the Elias and Henrique combo.

Actually he wanted to see if he could get scoring from a third line. It didn't work.

#1240 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

He's not good in either aspect for sure.  But that's also not his role.  But the Devils need him to start putting the puck in the net.  

this is exactly why he hasn't been playing well, his one and only job is to score and he hasn't. He bring literally nothing else to the table. You can call it bad luck but 23 games now is more than just luck no matter who you play with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users