1548 replies to this topic

#1281 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

I feel horrible for Josefson. He doesn't deserve this at all. It's a shame that the Devils would keep him around as the 14th forward all year instead of giving him a shot or trying to get him through waivers. It's clear he has no future here but he deserves to get a chance somewhere else. I know that they can't be giving away the little forward depth they have, but I just feel for this kid.

Also, if they are going to make a call up, I would've rather have seen Sislo who is having a great year and can score (.412 G/GP). I get that they want a "4th line guy" in Sestito, but seriously, at least call up someone who is scoring goals.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1282 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

I'm fine with Merrill over Volch. Let the kids take their licks against the toughest team in the league.

#1283 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

I'm fine with Merrill over Volch. Let the kids take their licks against the toughest team in the league.

arent the 2 of them paired up tonight?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1284 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

@TGfireandice: Cory Schneider starts in net for Devils Thursday vs. Parise and Wild.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1285 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

'Our fate is in our own hands. We’re certainly in a race and we have to just focus on what we can control. Yesterday is yesterday and today is today. Tomorrow is tomorrow and tomorrow happens to be the most important game at this point.' http://blogs.northje...t_and_prove_it/

No Lou, our fate is NOT in our own hands- not when you're 7 points out and have to jump over 17 teams. I mean... Please with sh!t like that.

#1286 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

Attention Ladies and Gentleman: A CBGB line member might be scratched, I repeat: a CBGB line member might be scratched. This not a drill.

Edited by devilsrule33, 20 March 2014 - 09:44 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1287 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

@TGfireandice: Devs' lines today: Ruutu-Zajac-Jagr; Henrique-Elias-Ryder; Clowe-Josefson-Zubrus; Sestito-Gionta-Brunner. Bernier is the extra.

@TGfireandice: So looks like Josefson will get a chance as the 3rd line center. Brunner dropped to 4th line. Bernier (no goals in 41 games) odd man out.

HALLELUJAH

Edited by Devs3cups, 20 March 2014 - 09:48 AM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#1288 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

ac·count·a·bil·i·ty [uh-koun-tuh-bil-i-tee] Show IPA

noun

the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1289 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

OMG, GO YAYO!  Thank god a switch up on offense.  Oh, and did I mention, fvcking Yayo is playing!

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1290 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

I feel horrible for Josefson. He doesn't deserve this at all. It's a shame that the Devils would keep him around as the 14th forward all year instead of giving him a shot or trying to get him through waivers. It's clear he has no future here but he deserves to get a chance somewhere else. I know that they can't be giving away the little forward depth they have, but I just feel for this kid.

Also, if they are going to make a call up, I would've rather have seen Sislo who is having a great year and can score (.412 G/GP). I get that they want a "4th line guy" in Sestito, but seriously, at least call up someone who is scoring goals.

Are there any other high draft picks in recent memory that sat a lot in their first couple of years with the main club that eventually went on to be good players?  I'm sure there are a few.

Also, it's somewhat encouraging that Josefson has remained on the Devils' roster.  You could tell the team had lost all confidence in Tedenby after banishing him to Albany.  You would think that if they felt the same way about Josefson, they would have done the same thing to him.  Also encouraging that Josefson has said that he's still committed to the NHL and doesn't have any plans to bolt to Sweden or the KHL after this season. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1291 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Are there any other high draft picks in recent memory that sat a lot in their first couple of years with the main club that eventually went on to be good players?  I'm sure there are a few.

Also, it's somewhat encouraging that Josefson has remained on the Devils' roster.  You could tell the team had lost all confidence in Tedenby after banishing him to Albany.  You would think that if they felt the same way about Josefson, they would have done the same thing to him.  Also encouraging that Josefson has said that he's still committed to the NHL and doesn't have any plans to bolt to Sweden or the KHL after this season. 

I think it is imperative the Devils give him a really good look for the last 10+ games with non 4th line linemates. It starts tonight, and hopefully it continues. 

With Brunner getting scratched, I really hope Gelinas gets time on the first PP unit. If teams want to over-commit to Jagr and company down low, make them pay with Gelinas. Granted there doesn't seem to be anyone in that group that would want to stand in front and make life difficult for a goalie.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1292 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Many people on the boards believe that Josefson is done here, has no future here, etc.  I would be way more convinced of this if we still had Loktionov, but we don't, Zajac, Henrique/Elias, and Josefson are the future centers of the team IMO.   Yayo has a great chance to stick in this lineup, he just needs to impress tonight and play well on the 3rd line tonight.  I will be furious if DeBoer benches him at some point tonight, give him a chance.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1293 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

No Brunner either :o 7 D. Let's get weird

#1294 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

No Brunner either :o 7 D. Let's get weird

DeBoer gonna DeBoer

believe-devs.jpg

#1295 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

I like the lineup changes made for tonight's game. I think Cory's ready for his bounce-back. I think Volchenkov's looked great the past few weeks (and playing super physical in every game it seems like). Bernier hasn't done diddly squat but be at the right place at the time but not know how to score on an empty net. Josefson might bring the speed and creativity that sparks Ryder. And although I was skeptical at first, Gelinas as the 7th D-man DOES make sense. I like the moves and am actually looking forward to tonight, for once.

Edited by DJ Eco, 20 March 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#1296 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

I'll be the guy to bring a negative spin on this JJ thing - you know he's getting MAYBE the first period in that 3rd line slot before Gionta gets bumped up.

Bleh.  PDB,  you're a man of mystery.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1297 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

I wanted Bernier to come out of the lineup for awhile. But, the one person in the world that I wouldn't want him to come out for is probably Tim Sestito.

JJ I want to see if there is anything there in our last 14 games. Play him.

Edited by Neb00rs, 20 March 2014 - 12:12 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1298 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

I wanted Bernier to come out of the lineup for awhile. But, the one person in the world that I wouldn't want him to come out for is probably Tim Sestito.

Pete gonna Pete.

#1299 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

thank god bernier is scratched.. so damn useless i really hope he does not get resigned here its time to part ways with some of these players and starting with him
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1300 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

marty for the rangers - sure, why not. cory let in a bad goal in a win where he otherwise played ok. swap out. just like they do when it happens to marty.

and yes, i know there's back to back and cory will almost certainly get toronto. but last week, pdb announced that before both FL/TB games. not today.

different strokes for different folks.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users