1548 replies to this topic

#1301 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

marty for the rangers - sure, why not. cory let in a bad goal in a win where he otherwise played ok. swap out. just like they do when it happens to marty.

I'm on this train of thought.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1302 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

I'm on this train of thought.

just hoping that you detected the immense sarcasm in my post and that's the train you're on.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1303 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Marty's looked pretty good despite the last 2 losses. The defense during this last stretch (before the Minnesota game) was pitiful, in front of both goalies, absolutely terrible. Marty was otherwise pretty good, kept a few of those games alive with some big-time saves when we needed them. I'd say his and Cory's level of play are neck and neck past few weeks.

Besides the joke of a Yankee Stadium game, Marty is 2-0 against the Rags this season and looked spectacular in those games. Same situation going into the Flyers game last week, and DeBoer went with him and it worked out. Hope he maintains his form, all I can say at this point. Besides, Cory probably gets the Toronto game and I'll go further and say I think Toronto's better than the Rangers. Kessel and JVR are miles more dangerous in my opinion than anyone on the Rangers roster.

#1304 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Toronto's a joke and the Rangers are Cup contenders.  But I've seen enough Brodeur and Hedberg performances against the Leafs the last two years where the Leafs score 2 goals on 11 shots.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1305 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

just hoping that you detected the immense sarcasm in my post and that's the train you're on.

No I did not, I thought it was reasonable in the "sure, why not." I'd rather have Cory go against the Rangers especially after Marty's last showing vs. them I don't think he deserves this game. However, the Debo does things Marty can be expected to play and it's not that big of a deal.

#1306 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

This is beyond hero worship now, more like blackmail payments. Can't have Marty pop off again before the biggest game of the season...
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1307 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Toronto's a joke and the Rangers are Cup contenders.  But I've seen enough Brodeur and Hedberg performances against the Leafs the last two years where the Leafs score 2 goals on 11 shots.

I've thought that about Toronto for months now, but it gets to the point where their ability to squeeze out wins they have no business having (for MONTHS now) is in itself a dangerous trait for a team to have. I think that intangible is more dangerous than whatever the Rangers' offense will throw at us, just my opinion and nothing I can really prove. 

#1308 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

I am all for Marty starting against the Rangers.

I hope he gets blown out in the first period, then we will put an end to the Marty Brodeur whining and opinions. Let him move on to Pittsburgh next season.

Bye Marty, you damaged yourself with your mouth.

#1309 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Go fvck yourself Pete.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1310 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,919 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Rangers are on the fringe of being a legit cup contender. It has to be mentioned that Lundqvist's play has been slowly fading for the past 3 years or so. And he's 32. Don't like his chances of becoming a .930 goalie again.

Rangers still don't have enough muscle up front. They're not beating Boston in a playoff series. Montreal would give them fits as well

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1311 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,919 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

I'm not high on either Brodeur or Schneider right now. Honestly it's a coin flip weekend as to who we start against what team.

The Maaaaarty chants are coming tomorrow as he lets in some half speed floater through his 5 hole to Stepan. Then blames the D after the game

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1312 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

marty usually plays well against the rangers.. i dont think we would have any better of a chance with cory in net right now so im all for brodeur starting tomorrow night
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1313 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

marty usually plays well against the rangers.. i dont think we would have any better of a chance with cory in net right now so im all for brodeur starting tomorrow night

what happened the last time he played the rangers? I remember freezing my ass off that day 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1314 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

I am all for Marty starting against the Rangers.

I hope he gets blown out in the first period, then we will put an end to the Marty Brodeur whining and opinions. Let him move on to Pittsburgh next season.

Bye Marty, you damaged yourself with your mouth.

So, to be clear, you are rooting for the Rangers over the Devils?

#1315 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

what happened the last time he played the rangers? I remember freezing my ass off that day

oh wow one game... i didnt say he played well the last time he played the rangers i said he usually plays well against that team.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1316 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

oh wow one game... i didnt say he played well the last time he played the rangers i said he usually plays well against that team.

Well it kinda loses all meaning when he arguably played his worst game of the year against them. It's almost like anecdotal small sample evidence is worthless

So, to be clear, you are rooting for the Rangers over the Devils?

Since we're 99% not making the playoffs, if he gets bombed to the tune of 9 instead of the usual 4, and Lou finally realizes it's over and Marty's playing for the Hamilton Bulldogs next year, is it the worst thing in the world? 

Edited by DH26, 21 March 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1317 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

I think we need to throw those results out the window.  Too many sets of variables played a factor.

Since we're 99% not making the playoffs, if he gets bombed to the tune of 9 instead of the usual 4, and Lou finally realizes it's over and Marty's playing for the Hamilton Bulldogs next year, is it the worst thing in the world? 

http://www.sportsclu.../NewJersey.html

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1318 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Well it kinda loses all meaning when he arguably played his worst game of the year against them. It's almost like anecdotal small sample evidence is worthless

If you asking me if it's ever right to root against the Devils, especially for the Rangers, then I would say, "No." But to each his own.

#1319 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

The Marty Unfiltered Tour continues: “I don’t think Nieder got booed. And he’s the one that set us back big-time,” Brodeur said of Niedermayer’s decision to sign with Anaheim as a free agent in 2005. So, is Brodeur prepared to hear the boos if it does happen?

“Yeah. It would stink, but what are you going to do?” he said. “I’m here and I get booed sometimes.” http://www.nj.com/de...it_happens.html

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1320 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

I'm not high on either Brodeur or Schneider right now. Honestly it's a coin flip weekend as to who we start against what team.

The Maaaaarty chants are coming tomorrow as he lets in some half speed floater through his 5 hole to Stepan. Then blames the D after the game

When has he blamed the defense and it wasn't actually warranted?

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users