1548 replies to this topic

#1461 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

Merrill got some stitches but went home with the team. Didn't think this would be something he'd miss games over.

Could Larsson be recalled to replace Gionta? He also left the game on Saturday

And looks like Marty is starting!

well he was definitely getting one of these games since it's a 3 in 4. Not like Schneider has any idea how to beat the Panthers (or Luongo for that matter) though Schneider did play well Saturday night.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1462 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,288 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice:

Now, Brodeur is in the net the Devils will defend in the first and third periods -- usually a sign of the starter. Schneider at other end.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1463 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,288 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils:
Devils' morning defense pairings: Greene-Fayne; Harrold-Zidlicky; Gelinas-Larsson.

LOVE having the Gelinas-Larsson pairing back together.

#1464 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

No Merrill stinks but Larsson and no Sal and Volch?!?! :o I feel amazing

Until Brodeur gives up 3 softies with the pair on ice and we don't see either the rest of the year

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 31 March 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#1465 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Thing thats funny about the whole goaltending situation is that Deboer knows Schneider is better.  I think its obvious at this point.  He has given CS the tougher matchups and seems to always use him on the second half of back to backs. I think Deboer is back next year because of his willingness to start Marty ~50% even if they nuked this year starting MB30 as much as they did

#1466 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Lots of people here just refuse to see how obvious Pete's pattern is with starting goalies. He's been decently consistent all year, and anyone surprised that Marty is starting today needs to wake up. I'm not saying it's the right choice, but it is the choice, it's not the end of the world, and posters existing solely to pop out and berate Marty at every chance need to give it a rest.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1467 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Lots of people here just refuse to see how obvious Pete's pattern is with starting goalies. He's been decently consistent all year, and anyone surprised that Marty is starting today needs to wake up. I'm not saying it's the right choice, but it is the choice, it's not the end of the world, and posters existing solely to pop out and berate Marty at every chance need to give it a rest.

No one is shocked and quite frankly, Schneider shouldn't start back to backs because its been proven goalies dont play as well in them.  However, Marty shouldn't have gotten Phoenix if Deboer does indeed only care about wins

#1468 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

I didn't think it needed it's own thread so I'll put it in here- I think peter Harrold deserves some appreciation. The guy sat on the bench for months and has come in and given us quality minutes in all situations. I'm not saying he should be a full time guy getting 20 mins every night but he's done very well for us when given the opportunity, and I'm glad to have him.

#1469 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

I actually think Harrold has been poor the last two games. Poor positioning, some poor decisions, and some physical mistakes.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#1470 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

I actually think Harrold has been poor the last two games. Poor positioning, some poor decisions, and some physical mistakes.

didn't see much of the isles game but the whole team stunk that one up something awful so I won't blame him much individually for that one but I'll agree to disagree.

#1471 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

I didn't think it needed it's own thread so I'll put it in here- I think peter Harrold deserves some appreciation. The guy sat on the bench for months and has come in and given us quality minutes in all situations. I'm not saying he should be a full time guy getting 20 mins every night but he's done very well for us when given the opportunity, and I'm glad to have him.

Yeah, he gets my appreciation for what he's give the team but that's where I draw the line.  We have too many defensemen, he is one of the "too many".  There are plenty of other Dmen in the A who can be a 7th Dman.  Alexander Urbom comes to mind and then there is the case of Adam Larsson.  I do feel that the time Larsson has spent in the A has benefit him as he has performed well while being in Albany.  Some guys in our D corps have to go to make room for the younger guys pushing the depth chart. 

In an unrelated note, Clowe is only DTD, thank god.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1472 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

http://blogs.northje...ing_mike_sislo/

Mike Sislo will be in the lineup tonight.  Hopefully playing on the 3rd line with Zubrus and Ryder.  Or hopefully Josefson with be the center for the 3rd line and then Sislo with Carter and Gionta

#1473 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

It'd be the DeBoerest thing in the world if JJ was scratched. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1474 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Yeah, he gets my appreciation for what he's give the team but that's where I draw the line. We have too many defensemen, he is one of the "too many". There are plenty of other Dmen in the A who can be a 7th Dman. Alexander Urbom comes to mind and then there is the case of Adam Larsson. I do feel that the time Larsson has spent in the A has benefit him as he has performed well while being in Albany. Some guys in our D corps have to go to make room for the younger guys pushing the depth chart.

I agree with some of this, I'm not trying to say Harrold is great but I'm just appreciative of the fact that he can not play for 3 months and then come in and perform adequately in the bottom pairing. Also I'm confident that he's better than urbom, and I don't hold it against him that Larsson was in the a, I'd rather Larsson playing in Albany than being the 7th d here.

Harrold IMO is showing why he is a great 7th defensman and I'd like to keep him around as just that.

#1475 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

:doh1: @ Marshall

Edited by RizzMB30, 01 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#1476 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, he gets my appreciation for what he's give the team but that's where I draw the line. We have too many defensemen, he is one of the "too many". There are plenty of other Dmen in the A who can be a 7th Dman. Alexander Urbom comes to mind and then there is the case of Adam Larsson. I do feel that the time Larsson has spent in the A has benefit him as he has performed well while being in Albany. Some guys in our D corps have to go to make room for the younger guys pushing the depth chart.

I don't buy I single thing the Devils say about injuries. Remember when Parise was DTD, how about Martin, Clowe the first time. I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting

#1477 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

It'd be the DeBoerest thing in the world if JJ was scratched.

did gionta travel with the team? If not the only way jj isn't playing is if Merrill is good to go and they roll 7 d.

Edit: I see sestito might be ready now... So there's that.

Edited by dmann422, 01 April 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#1478 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,288 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said again that the doctor says Clowe is "fine" and he has no reason to believe he won't be back to play this season.

#1479 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said again that the doctor says Clowe is "fine" and he has no reason to believe he won't be back to play this season.

Lou forgot the "April Fools!"

#1480 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,735 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

They can't scratch Josefson and dress Sislo without making Sislo's call up a non-emergency callup.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users