1543 replies to this topic

#1461 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Lots of people here just refuse to see how obvious Pete's pattern is with starting goalies. He's been decently consistent all year, and anyone surprised that Marty is starting today needs to wake up. I'm not saying it's the right choice, but it is the choice, it's not the end of the world, and posters existing solely to pop out and berate Marty at every chance need to give it a rest.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1462 SMantzas

SMantzas

Head Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Lots of people here just refuse to see how obvious Pete's pattern is with starting goalies. He's been decently consistent all year, and anyone surprised that Marty is starting today needs to wake up. I'm not saying it's the right choice, but it is the choice, it's not the end of the world, and posters existing solely to pop out and berate Marty at every chance need to give it a rest.

No one is shocked and quite frankly, Schneider shouldn't start back to backs because its been proven goalies dont play as well in them.  However, Marty shouldn't have gotten Phoenix if Deboer does indeed only care about wins

#1463 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

I didn't think it needed it's own thread so I'll put it in here- I think peter Harrold deserves some appreciation. The guy sat on the bench for months and has come in and given us quality minutes in all situations. I'm not saying he should be a full time guy getting 20 mins every night but he's done very well for us when given the opportunity, and I'm glad to have him.

#1464 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,569 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

I actually think Harrold has been poor the last two games. Poor positioning, some poor decisions, and some physical mistakes.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#1465 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

I actually think Harrold has been poor the last two games. Poor positioning, some poor decisions, and some physical mistakes.

didn't see much of the isles game but the whole team stunk that one up something awful so I won't blame him much individually for that one but I'll agree to disagree.

#1466 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

I didn't think it needed it's own thread so I'll put it in here- I think peter Harrold deserves some appreciation. The guy sat on the bench for months and has come in and given us quality minutes in all situations. I'm not saying he should be a full time guy getting 20 mins every night but he's done very well for us when given the opportunity, and I'm glad to have him.

Yeah, he gets my appreciation for what he's give the team but that's where I draw the line.  We have too many defensemen, he is one of the "too many".  There are plenty of other Dmen in the A who can be a 7th Dman.  Alexander Urbom comes to mind and then there is the case of Adam Larsson.  I do feel that the time Larsson has spent in the A has benefit him as he has performed well while being in Albany.  Some guys in our D corps have to go to make room for the younger guys pushing the depth chart. 

In an unrelated note, Clowe is only DTD, thank god.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1467 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

http://blogs.northje...ing_mike_sislo/

Mike Sislo will be in the lineup tonight.  Hopefully playing on the 3rd line with Zubrus and Ryder.  Or hopefully Josefson with be the center for the 3rd line and then Sislo with Carter and Gionta

#1468 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

It'd be the DeBoerest thing in the world if JJ was scratched. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1469 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Yeah, he gets my appreciation for what he's give the team but that's where I draw the line. We have too many defensemen, he is one of the "too many". There are plenty of other Dmen in the A who can be a 7th Dman. Alexander Urbom comes to mind and then there is the case of Adam Larsson. I do feel that the time Larsson has spent in the A has benefit him as he has performed well while being in Albany. Some guys in our D corps have to go to make room for the younger guys pushing the depth chart.

I agree with some of this, I'm not trying to say Harrold is great but I'm just appreciative of the fact that he can not play for 3 months and then come in and perform adequately in the bottom pairing. Also I'm confident that he's better than urbom, and I don't hold it against him that Larsson was in the a, I'd rather Larsson playing in Albany than being the 7th d here.

Harrold IMO is showing why he is a great 7th defensman and I'd like to keep him around as just that.

#1470 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

:doh1: @ Marshall

Edited by RizzMB30, 01 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#1471 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, he gets my appreciation for what he's give the team but that's where I draw the line. We have too many defensemen, he is one of the "too many". There are plenty of other Dmen in the A who can be a 7th Dman. Alexander Urbom comes to mind and then there is the case of Adam Larsson. I do feel that the time Larsson has spent in the A has benefit him as he has performed well while being in Albany. Some guys in our D corps have to go to make room for the younger guys pushing the depth chart.

I don't buy I single thing the Devils say about injuries. Remember when Parise was DTD, how about Martin, Clowe the first time. I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting

#1472 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

did gionta travel with the team? If not the only way jj isn't playing is if Merrill is good to go and they roll 7 d.

Edit: I see sestito might be ready now... So there's that.

Edited by dmann422, 01 April 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#1473 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,546 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said again that the doctor says Clowe is "fine" and he has no reason to believe he won't be back to play this season.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1474 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello said again that the doctor says Clowe is "fine" and he has no reason to believe he won't be back to play this season.

Lou forgot the "April Fools!"

#1475 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,745 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

They can't scratch Josefson and dress Sislo without making Sislo's call up a non-emergency callup.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1476 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Ha!

#1477 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Per Hockey Tracker

ESPN reports the agent for Jaromir Jagr met with #NJDevils GM Lou Lamoriello a few days ago presumably to discuss an extension

so i guess if this is legit, out of anyone i should be the one giving credits to Lou

www.SterioDesign.com

#1478 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Per Hockey Tracker

ESPN reports the agent for Jaromir Jagr met with #NJDevils GM Lou Lamoriello a few days ago presumably to discuss an extension

so i guess if this is legit, out of anyone i should be the one giving credits to Lou

hopefully this is true

I remember Jagr playing against us as a Flyer in the 2012 playoffs. He looked slower than he does now. Just dragging his ass all over the ice, losing the puck. No power in his strides. Maybe he was injured I don't know, but he looked close to done at that point. 

He has 99 points in his last 121 NHL games. Incredible for a man his age. Somehow he coaxed a career resurgence out of that 40+ year old body

Edited by '7', 02 April 2014 - 11:04 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1479 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,745 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

When did ESPN report that?  I saw no such thing.  Since again this comes from a garbage Twitter account and not a verified account, I imagine this is false.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1480 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,767 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

When did ESPN report that?  I saw no such thing.  Since again this comes from a garbage Twitter account and not a verified account, I imagine this is false.

http://espn.go.com/b...-making-changes

Jagr, Devils to talk extension There was also activity on the Jaromir Jagr front. The future Hall of Famer is a pending UFA but has really enjoyed his time in New Jersey. 

A source told ESPN.com Tuesday that Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, met with Devils GM Lou Lamoriello a few days ago and both sides expressed a desire to get Jagr extended. However, those talks would wait to get going for real until after the season. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users