#1481 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Ha!

It'd be the DeBoerest thing in the world if JJ was scratched.

#1482 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Per Hockey Tracker

ESPN reports the agent for Jaromir Jagr met with #NJDevils GM Lou Lamoriello a few days ago presumably to discuss an extension

so i guess if this is legit, out of anyone i should be the one giving credits to Lou

www.SterioDesign.com

#1483 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Per Hockey Tracker

ESPN reports the agent for Jaromir Jagr met with #NJDevils GM Lou Lamoriello a few days ago presumably to discuss an extension

so i guess if this is legit, out of anyone i should be the one giving credits to Lou

hopefully this is true

I remember Jagr playing against us as a Flyer in the 2012 playoffs. He looked slower than he does now. Just dragging his ass all over the ice, losing the puck. No power in his strides. Maybe he was injured I don't know, but he looked close to done at that point. 

He has 99 points in his last 121 NHL games. Incredible for a man his age. Somehow he coaxed a career resurgence out of that 40+ year old body

Edited by '7', 02 April 2014 - 11:04 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1484 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

When did ESPN report that?  I saw no such thing.  Since again this comes from a garbage Twitter account and not a verified account, I imagine this is false.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1485 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,957 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

When did ESPN report that?  I saw no such thing.  Since again this comes from a garbage Twitter account and not a verified account, I imagine this is false.

http://espn.go.com/b...-making-changes

Jagr, Devils to talk extension There was also activity on the Jaromir Jagr front. The future Hall of Famer is a pending UFA but has really enjoyed his time in New Jersey. 

A source told ESPN.com Tuesday that Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, met with Devils GM Lou Lamoriello a few days ago and both sides expressed a desire to get Jagr extended. However, those talks would wait to get going for real until after the season. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1486 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

Well if not true i'll just take back the credits i gave him and continue to think he's a stubborn mother F.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1487 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Ah okay, I do stand corrected.  Certainly seems like if Jagr wants to stay he'll be staying.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1488 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

hopefully this is true

I remember Jagr playing against us as a Flyer in the 2012 playoffs. He looked slower than he does now. Just dragging his ass all over the ice, losing the puck. No power in his strides. Maybe he was injured I don't know, but he looked close to done at that point. 

He has 99 points in his last 121 NHL games. Incredible for a man his age. Somehow he coaxed a career resurgence out of that 40+ year old body

I know he has a history of hip and/or groin problems. Maybe he was in a bad way in 2012. I also remember him looking like he was done at the time.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1489 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

With Josefson playing well the last couple of games and Zubrus struggling, I think we should bump JJ up to line three.  Assuming Gionta comes back and Clowe is out, I'd like to see:

15-19-68

14-26-9

12-16-17

20-11-8

Bernier hasnt done enough to warrant a spot

#1490 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

With Josefson playing well the last couple of games and Zubrus struggling, I think we should bump JJ up to line three.  Assuming Gionta comes back and Clowe is out, I'd like to see:

15-19-68

14-26-9

12-16-17

20-11-8

Bernier hasnt done enough to warrant a spot

Josefson needs to be extended, give him 8 years. He's the only one who can score in the shootout. Well him and Jagr.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1491 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

If Lou gives him a 3 year contract, I will laugh.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1492 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

Oh my god, please not 3 years.  2 years, that's a maybe, but one year would be best, but when I hear extension, I shudder at the thought of him breaking down over the course of year 2 or 3.  That isn't a slight against Jagr, the man has proved he deserves to be rewarded and wants to take this team somewhere that doesn't include missing the playoffs for a 3rd straight year.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1493 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

I don't think Jagr wants more than one year. His last few have been one year deals, and I think he's just going year by year. I'd love to see him back.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1494 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

I don't think Jagr wants more than one year. His last few have been one year deals, and I think he's just going year by year. I'd love to see him back.

In all seriousness, I definitely don't think Jagr wants to do anything but one year deals at this point. He seems like he doesn't want to be locked up anywhere; he wants to be able to run if need be.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1495 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

In all seriousness, I definitely don't think Jagr wants to do anything but one year deals at this point. He seems like he doesn't want to be locked up anywhere; he wants to be able to run if need be.

100% agree. I can't find the interview but he has also said he wants the ability to get the most playing time he can and some freedom to move on as he doesn't have alot of quality time left in the NHL. He wants to be easy to move so he can play. He won't get that on a long term deal.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#1496 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

take jagr coming back here with a grain of salt... if he does i mean great i would obviously love to see him sign another one year deal with us, but he did state he doesnt want to waste his remaining time in the nhl as he doesnt have much left he wants to be somewhere he has a real chance at winning the cup... hes obviously got to know that isnt going to be here for a while anyway
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1497 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

take jagr coming back here with a grain of salt... if he does i mean great i would obviously love to see him sign another one year deal with us, but he did state he doesnt want to waste his remaining time in the nhl as he doesnt have much left he wants to be somewhere he has a real chance at winning the cup... hes obviously got to know that isnt going to be here for a while anyway

Why not here?

#1498 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

Why not here?

i stated in my previous post why it could possibly not be here.. He wants a real chance at winning another stanley cup, this team may miss playoffs again this year...they are no where near cup contenders and won't be next year either.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1499 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

i stated in my previous post why it could possibly not be here.. He wants a real chance at winning another stanley cup, this team may miss playoffs again this year...they are no where near cup contenders and won't be next year either.

I wasn't stating, "Why no Jagr?" I was asking, "Why not a cup here?" Being a cup contender and winning the cup are two very different things.  My evidence, 2012 Playoffs.  Not one critic or any one of us would have predicted it would have been a Kings v. Devils SCF.   There could be big changes coming during this offseason.  You have no evidence to back up that we won't be more of a contender next year. That being said, I don't have any either other than an expectation of changes.

#1500 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

If you said was true, he would have been traded at the deadline. At this point he wants stability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users