1548 replies to this topic

#1521 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

I don't think there's anything more to it other than some guys probably DO feel like it's over at this point, and it showed in practice.  Nothing wrong with Pete cracking the whip, though it might be academic by tonight anyway.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1522 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

I like that Pete did that. Even if it's to save his own ass, at least he's showing some emotion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1523 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Would've liked to hear about this after blowing 2 or 3 straight games in the last two minutes, not now when the season is all but over. Too little, too late.

believe-devs.jpg

#1524 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,772 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

If DeBoer wanted to make points with the press and fans he could've had a practice tantrum after those losses.  The idea that this is a job-saving thing is ridiculous.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1525 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

I see where '7' is coming from but I agree this is not a job-saving thing. If Pete is so cunning he wouldn't have waited until now to make this point. He would have been sending a message for weeks now.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1526 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

So what are the chances we see Larsson and Boucher called up to play out the season?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1527 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

So what are the chances we see Larsson and Boucher called up to play out the season?

Boucher? No way. They need to make it down in Albany.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1528 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,772 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

If people were going to be called up, they'd've been called up by now, I think.  But with Albany on the cusp of making the playoffs, they need all the help they can get down there.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1529 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 1m

For the Devils' lineup tonight, Elias will play. Larsson will go back in. Gelinas and Harrold will sit on D.

Hopefully Larsson gets these last few games before heading to Albany for the playoffs. All good experience for him.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 10 April 2014 - 11:41 AM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1530 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

saw on twitter that Marty is starting against Boston sunday.

i mean... what the actual fvck. 

How can he have played this bad, mouth about the organization for months, made Lou look bad, never took any blame. Yet he keeps on getting games.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1531 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

why shouldnt he start tomorrow? what has he said thats honestly so horrible or not true? who cares its not a big deal just another pointless game that theyre going to most likely lose regardless of who is in goal
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1532 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

Btw has anyone seen what the ticket prices for this game have been? Ridiculous. I'm hoping they drop tomorrow morning.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1533 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

normally last game of the season in the situation that we are in they would be dirt.. a lot of people are thinking its the last time they will get to see brodeur ..if i could be there i would just for that reason alone.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1534 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

How can he have played this bad, mouth about the organization for months, made Lou look bad, never took any blame. Yet he keeps on getting games.

It's not the organization's choice as to who starts, It's PDB and only PDB.  It has nothing to do with his status in the organization.  Absolutely nothing.  Who is starting is entirely a hockey decision, and that's PDB's choice.  He could come out tomorrow and say, "I hate this organization and I've never once actually cared about it."  and as long as he still wears goalie pads, he will likely still get starts.  We're officially out of playoffs so you shouldn't be bitching about who gets the start, that is the LEAST of my worries concerning the Devils

Oh, and if you think about it, Cory is coming off of a long stretch.

Edited by RizzMB30, 12 April 2014 - 05:01 PM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1535 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Really? You really think there was any chance Cory would play tomorrow with it likely being Marty's last game in NJ? If you are pissed about him getting the game tomorrow, an absolutely meaningless game, you need to get a hobby and learn to relax.

And BTW, Marty played a very good game in net last night.
Posted Image

#1536 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

what do the majority of people here think about jagr coming back? i just read an article about how he said that even though they didnt make the playoffs this year here it has been one of his most enjoyable years playing hockey
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#1537 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Apparently Elliote Friedman said on the HNIC pre-game that the Devils and Pete are working on an extension.

Take it for what its worth.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1538 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

i believe it.. i didnt think they would dump pete after this season.. it all goes back to only being able to do so much with what you have to work with and i think thats pretty obvious, even though i dont particularly agree with a lot of decisions hes made this season thats not my job and neither myself or anyone else here sees what happens behind closed doors over there so..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#1539 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:14 AM

I mean, HOW...THE fvck....are you actually surprised that Marty is starting against Boston?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1540 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

C'mon, you can't possibly be this dense.

But if you really need this explained to you...consider it one final legacy start, but one that is for EVERYONE.  The fans in attendance get to say goodbye to him (at least I hope it's goodbye) and watch him play what seems very likely to be his last game in a Devils jersey.  Yeah, it got ugly this year at times, he's clearly not what he was, some of the quotes were hard to take...but for one friggin' game, a game that is completely meaningless otherwise, you put all of that aside and you celebrate a career that will go down as one of the best of all time...and all of it was done HERE.  This game represents the last on-ice chance to collectively celebrate two decades of an amazing career.   

Suggesting that Marty shouldn't get this start as some kind of punishment for his decline in play and for his quotes just comes off as petty and dumb, to say the least. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 April 2014 - 06:46 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users