#1541 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,725 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Per Dreger, Sestito on waivers.

@DarrenDreger: Devils place T. Sestito and Panthers place C.Robak on Waivers.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1542 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Honestly im scratching my head about our defence next season, there's just not enough room.  i want to see Zids and Fayne re-signed. Zids brings wayyyyyy too much offensive to simply let him go. We need all we can. Fayne is solid and we need to show him he's part of the plan.

Larsson has to play all season too. I know we need guys like that but Sal has to go, i'd even try to get rid of Volch and willing to live with rookies mistakes like i did all seasons. 

This is what i'd like to see:

Greene Fayne

Larsson Gelinas

Merril Zidlicky

Volchenkov Harrold

Severson

but our chances of getting rid of Sal AND A-train are pretty damn slim imo

www.SterioDesign.com

#1543 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Honestly im scratching my head about our defence next season, there's just not enough room.  i want to see Zids and Fayne re-signed. Zids brings wayyyyyy too much offensive to simply let him go. We need all we can. Fayne is solid and we need to show him he's part of the plan.

Larsson has to play all season too. I know we need guys like that but Sal has to go, i'd even try to get rid of Volch and willing to live with rookies mistakes like i did all seasons. 

Greene Fayne

Larsson Gelinas

Merril Zidlicky

Volchenkov Harrold

Severson

Salvador is very easily dealt.  He has one year left with no NTC on a deal that pays what an average NHL defenseman gets.  His numbers didn't stack up well against the other defenseman on the Devils, but I suspect they aren't that bad compared to the rest of the league. 

Volchenkov could be bought out.  You might also be able to trade him if he waives his NTC.  Only two years left, at an AAV that isn't that bad (Devils could retain some salary), and he's not that old.  I still think the Devils would be better off keeping Volchenkov.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1544 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

Salvador is very easily dealt.  He has one year left with no NTC on a deal that pays what an average NHL defenseman gets.  His numbers didn't stack up well against the other defenseman on the Devils, but I suspect they aren't that bad compared to the rest of the league. 

Volchenkov could be bought out.  You might also be able to trade him if he waives his NTC.  Only two years left, at an AAV that isn't that bad (Devils could retain some salary), and he's not that old.  I still think the Devils would be better off keeping Volchenkov.

When looking at Sal's numbers, they are basically league average ( I assume you're looking at Corsi and Fenwick). However, he is definitely propped up by the team/system and I bet teams who use analytics will realize this

#1545 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

These are the players you are looking for

Time for a 2014 offseason lineup/roster thread?

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 14 April 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#1546 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

Honestly im scratching my head about our defence next season, there's just not enough room. i want to see Zids and Fayne re-signed. Zids brings wayyyyyy too much offensive to simply let him go. We need all we can. Fayne is solid and we need to show him he's part of the plan.

Greene Fayne

Larsson Gelinas

Merril Zidlicky

Volchenkov Harrold

Severson

Who's killing penalties, though?

Fayne-Larsson
Merill-Greene

Ehhh, I don't know I think one of them will be back.

#1547 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

I wonder if Volchenkov is going to be brought out, it was kind of odd Volchenkov was a healthy scratch yesterday.  Salvador and Clowe I wonder if they are going to be healthy to play at all next year, especially Clowe think he has another concussion this year

#1548 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

I assume they'll buy out Volchenkov actually having $ and healthy scratching him. Sal's not going anywhere and we all know it deep down as much as we want him sent out to Edmonton. I'm afraid that means Fayne will be gone which he probably shouldn't be but I don't know how you let Zidlicky go. And let's remember, he only would accept a trade here apparently 2 years ago, so he's back if we want him. And I don't know if you want to pay Fayne a lot. Betting on defensive defensemen's not the best move IMO

So I guess I'd do this:

Greene-Merrill

Larsson-Gelinas/Severson (if Gelinas can't play defense anymore still)

Zidlicky-Salvador

Harrold stealing half of Larsson's games for no reason 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1549 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

My best guess is that the only big question mark is Fayne- he will probably have a lot of interest in ufa and I'm not sure if Lou will find it cost effective to keep him or just let him walk and open up a spot on the right side. But here is my guess at the d coming out of camp-

Greene-Fayne
Merrill-larsson
Salvador-zidlicky
Harrold

I don't believe Lou would buyout sal or volchenkov, but he might find a willing trade partner for one of them. If sal is on the team he won't be the 7th, but volchenkov might. Zidlicky is re-signed because he's good with the Czechs and brings a unique skill to the blue line. Gelinas starts in the A again to work on his defense and harrold is re-signed. I can't see how people actually think we'll have room for severson unless something very surprising happens, as good as he is expected to be.

If Fayne isn't back it changes things because then I could see both volch and sal staying, or they could have Merrill play the right side and keep gelinas up, but even that's risky because you have larsson and Merrill as your top two rhd pkers, so I'm going with the assumption that Lou wants Fayne back because he's clearly the best all around rhd we'll have next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users