1548 replies to this topic

#141 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

I am excited about Brunner-Elias-Ryder. Maybe not ryder. But yeah.

brunner and elias like playing together.. is elias back in the line up for tonight?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#142 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

The Devils now have a 4th line with Gionta and Janssen together. So much for depth. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#143 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

The Devils now have a 4th line with Gionta and Janssen together. So much for depth. 

Well so much for the production we were getting from the 4th line. Even Janssen can't make that line productive with Gio on it.

believe-devs.jpg

#144 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Well so much for the production we were getting from the 4th line. Even Janssen can't make that line productive with Gio on it.

im not sure i care for gio much anymore.. i know he isnt too liked around here but i too am starting to join that club.. however it seems like it would be him or JJ and im not sure im too high on him either so...whatever
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#145 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

i know where you're going with this, but they actually do have depth. its what kept someone like tim fvcking ses-TI-to off the big club the last couple of weeks while clowe, elias, zajac, carter, and gionta went down. gionta and janssen aren't playing because the devils don't have depth. they're playing because janssen is providing a role that nobody else can (the importance of that role if up for debate) and pete insists that gionta is better than josefson.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#146 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

I am excited about Brunner-Elias-Ryder. Maybe not ryder. But yeah.

I love it, two guys who like to shoot and can actually bury the puck being set up by Elias. Also, Patty seems to play faster on the rush in the few times he's been paired up with Brunner.

#147 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,719 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

brunner and elias like playing together.. is elias back in the line up for tonight?

@TGfireandice: Elias said he plans to play tonight. Gionta siad he's good to go.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#148 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

@TGfireandice: Elias said he plans to play tonight. Gionta siad he's good to go.

Elias:  Yay!

Gionta:  Meh

Janssen obviously can't stick on the 4th line for the rest of the season.  But..it's working for now, so why mess with it?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#149 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Elias:  Yay!

Gionta:  Meh

Janssen obviously can't stick on the 4th line for the rest of the season.  But..it's working for now, so why mess with it?

Because it's truly unbelievable it's worked to this point, so it continuing to work seems unlikely to me.

#150 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Gionta:

16 0 1 1 -5 4 0 0 0 19 0.0

Janssen:

4 2 0 2 3 0 0 0 0 3 66.7

Stat's don't lie man!  Play the better player until he faults!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Devilsfan118, 15 November 2013 - 04:27 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#151 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

I love it, two guys who like to shoot and can actually bury the puck being set up by Elias. Also, Patty seems to play faster on the rush in the few times he's been paired up with Brunner.

the problem is patty also likes to cycle and work the boards and neither Ryder or Brunner could do that to save their lives.

#152 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

I also like it since it moves Henrique to the wing. I always felt like he is more suited there than center in the long run.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#153 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Elias still isn't 100%.  But glad he's back in.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#154 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,719 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Per TG, Volchenkov to IR, Merrill to Albany.

Also at yesterday's practice, DeBoer had Larsson paired with Harrold and Gelinas paired with Fayne. Not sure I like breaking up Larsson and Gelinas.

#155 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

Per TG, Volchenkov to IR, Merrill to Albany.

Does this mean Salvador's back?  Hopefully not..  :noclue:

Also at yesterday's practice, DeBoer had Larsson paired with Harrold and Gelinas paired with Fayne. Not sure I like breaking up Larsson and Gelinas.

Gelinas hasn't looked good for the past few games unfortunately, might be time to change it up for him.

On the other hand, however, Larsson has looked really good.  Hopefully he can keep it up with Harrold.  If Larsson starts to falter, hopefully PDB uses his brain and puts him back with Gelinas.

believe-ll.jpg

#156 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,719 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Does this mean Salvador's back? Hopefully not.. :noclue:

Gelinas hasn't looked good for the past few games unfortunately, might be time to change it up for him.

On the other hand, however, Larsson has looked really good. Hopefully he can keep it up with Harrold. If Larsson starts to falter, hopefully PDB uses his brain and puts him back with Gelinas.

Salvador isn't skating yet per TG. No one is getting called up (for the moment anyway) and we're rolling with 6 D.

That's also according to TG.

#157 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

I imagine the Devils want Merrill to get in some games. Which defenseman would be called up from the AHL?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#158 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,904 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

I imagine the Devils want Merrill to get in some games. Which defenseman would be called up from the AHL?

I think it would be Helgeson.  I mean, there's not many NHL contracts left down there - just him, Burlon, Scarlett, and Hraberenka.

As for breaking up Larsson and Gelinas, I'm in favor - it's time to take the kid gloves off on Larsson, he's playing too well to be relegated to that role.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#159 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

I think it would be Helgeson.  I mean, there's not many NHL contracts left down there - just him, Burlon, Scarlett, and Hraberenka.

As for breaking up Larsson and Gelinas, I'm in favor - it's time to take the kid gloves off on Larsson, he's playing too well to be relegated to that role.

Agreed, but I'm not sure what Deboer or Stevens think. It's not abnormal for Gelinas to get more time than AL, sometimes by 3+ minutes

Last 5 games- 

Pitt- Larsson (15:56) Gelinas (18:30)

LA- L (17:01) G (16:46)

NYR- L (17:06) G (20:24)

NSH- L (17:07) G (19:44)

TOR- L (18:35) G (16:28)

Now, it's obvious that Larsson is the better dman and was carrying that pair at ES.  Gelinas gets a lot of PP time whereas Larsson sees a decent amount shorthanded. Difference shouldn't be that large though. 

#160 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,904 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Agreed, but I'm not sure what Deboer or Stevens think. It's not abnormal for Gelinas to get more time than AL, sometimes by 3+ minutes

Last 5 games- 

Pitt- Larsson (15:56) Gelinas (18:30)

LA- L (17:01) G (16:46)

NYR- L (17:06) G (20:24)

NSH- L (17:07) G (19:44)

TOR- L (18:35) G (16:28)

Now, it's obvious that Larsson is the better dman and was carrying that pair at ES.  Gelinas gets a lot of PP time whereas Larsson sees a decent amount shorthanded. Difference shouldn't be that large though. 

Larsson hasn't been getting much time shorthanded in the last few games, that's part of where the difference is.  Also I think in games NJ trails, the Devils pair Gelinas with Zidlicky for some offensive zone draws.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users