unreal

#222 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Eh, the two goals were a good deodorant.   They'll still lose games with Schneider in net, just differently

Don't forget he just had a 9.9 on a 10 scale game and they lost to Al Montoya.

No they wouldn't.  The Devils beat the Isles and Oilers easily with Schneider in net.  And they definitely would have won tonight if Schneider was in net.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#223 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

We're a very good team that has been very unlucky.

I don't agree but respect your opinion. When you have scrubs playing regular minutes you have a terrible roster that's being exacerbated by a dipsh!t coach
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#224 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Marty will start against the Rangers Saturday night

#225 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,420 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Eh, the two goals were a good deodorant.   They'll still lose games with Schneider in net, just differently

Don't forget he just had a 9.9 on a 10 scale game and they lost to Al Montoya.

Bad teams find ways to lose.  The Devils are just a bad team, period.  Yes Marty shouldn't be playing, he sure as shooting better not play Saturday.  That would give him three of the last four (non back-to-back) games which is asinine.  But you gotta score more than two on 41 shots, but hey another game we dominated CORSI/Fenwick...too bad we don't get points for that :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#226 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

We're a very good team that has been very unlucky.

Bad teams find ways to lose games. The Devils invent new ways to lose games almost nightly. Good teams teams do neither of these things. *in Bill Lumberg voice* So I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagreeee with you there.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#227 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

No they wouldn't.  The Devils beat the Isles and Oilers easily with Schneider in net.  And they definitely would have won tonight if Schneider was in net.

you realize the Jets suck too, and that the team QUIT in a 1-0 game and left Schneider out to die, right?   People have short memories.   This team has problems, yeah, one of them is Marty but I'm sure he'll get a 3-4 game vacation off this one, so everyone will be able to see.

#228 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,420 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Bad teams find ways to lose.  The Devils are just a bad team, period.  Yes Marty shouldn't be playing, he sure as shooting better not play Saturday.  That would give him three of the last four (non back-to-back) games which is asinine.  But you gotta score more than two on 41 shots, but hey another game we dominated CORSI/Fenwick...too bad we don't get points for that :P

Bad teams find ways to lose games. The Devils invent new ways to lose games almost nightly. Good teams teams do neither of these things. *in Bill Lumberg voice* So I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagreeee with you there.

Beat you to it by like five seconds lmao

You don't get unlucky when the same crap's been happening for 50 games in a row.  Unfortunately one more of these games and Pete might be on Monster.com by Monday.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#229 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

I don't agree but respect your opinion. When you have scrubs playing regular minutes you have a terrible roster that's being exacerbated by a dipsh!t coach

Well when those scrubs are playing for actual good players, that IS all on the coach.  The whole idea coming in was to have Fayne and Josefson in on a regular basis.  You do that, you have a team with basically 2 second lines and two 3rd lines.  When Fayne is in, you basically have one true top defensive pairing and two second defensive pairings.

This suckage is ALL due to coaching.

you realize the Jets suck too, and that the team QUIT in a 1-0 game and left Schneider out to die, right?   People have short memories.   This team has problems, yeah, one of them is Marty but I'm sure he'll get a 3-4 game vacation off this one, so everyone will be able to see.

The Jets don't suck at all.  They have a solid blueline and some talent up front to go along with their good goaltenders.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#230 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

This team is also too old and can't maintain a consistent level of play through three periods. Either they dominate and fizzle or too little too late. Inconsistency and age is killing them.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#231 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Dissapointing is an understatement for this game. Especially since periods 2 and 3 we played the exact type of game we want to play - something that hasn't really happened yet this year. So as positives go, I still feel more confident in this offense eventually connecting.

No doubt this one is on Brodeur. I would argue all 4 goals were soft, but I'll give him the 3rd.

The Rangers game is going to be a tipping point imo - it could be the type of win that starts us on a roll, or a bad loss that could really heat up the DeBoar watch.

#232 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I mean... Im frustrated but i knew this would probably be the results for this year. I see that people are starting to realize how bad we overated our own players most of the time and cant see straight. But there we have it.

We lost the heart and soul of the team (according to pete) when zach left, we lost 3 30 goals scorers who were also really important on the PP and PK, lost an awesome if not one of the best d coach ever, our point guy on the PP has been replaced by zajac, our first line center could be a 3rd line center on many teams, our old and slow D is only becoming older and slower. We kept a 29th pick to draft a draft who was playing on a 3rd line in juniors and will likely forfeit a very good pick this year... We have absolutely no impact players...

I mean... What could we expect honestly? Its gonna take awhile to recover from this blow, but with the new management at least we have the funds now so thats good news.

We got an awesome goalie and we got a sweet deal for Brunner, who both could technically be gone in 2 years if they want. So for that we'll see.

www.SterioDesign.com

#233 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Beat you to it by like five seconds lmao

You don't get unlucky when the same crap's been happening for 50 games in a row. Unfortunately one more of these games and Pete might be on Monster.com by Monday.

. Yeah I saw that after I posted lol. This team sucks, its hard to say otherwise right now. When losing follows you around like the odor in Jerry Seinfeld's car, you're not a good team. The Devils are not a good team. I would desperately like to believe they are. But they aren't. Lou better be getting the lawyers lined up to go after that first round pick (and before someone takes that literally, yeah I understand that aint gonna happen).

#234 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Chico saying this game is on Marty WOW.... fire Lou.

#235 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

ah man another disappointment. this sucks man.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#236 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Well when those scrubs are playing for actual good players, that IS all on the coach.  The whole idea coming in was to have Fayne and Josefson in on a regular basis.  You do that, you have a team with basically 2 second lines and two 3rd lines.  When Fayne is in, you basically have one true top defensive pairing and two second defensive pairings.

The Jets don't suck at all.  They have a solid blueline and some talent up front to go along with their good goaltenders.

The Jets suck.   If they make the playoffs it'll only be because no one misses the playoffs in the West and two potential playoff teams moved east.

You're in denial right now.

#237 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Chico saying this game is on Marty WOW.... fire Lou.

Even Chico couldn't ignore it tonight.

#238 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,420 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Dude, seriously...the Jets have been a non-playoff team for years and there's no evidence they're going to be a playoff team this year unless they play us every game, because their speed skates circles around our old farts.

#239 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Holy sh!t is it gonna be a sh!t show if they don't win Saturday. It may get real ugly in the stands. They may want to bring in extra security for this one lol.

#240 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,420 posts

lol Pete...'I was encouraged by our game, it was a step in the right direction'

Talk about unintentionally hilarious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users