402 replies to this topic

#241 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Some people have some pretty awful opinions here (I mean, people have awful opinions everywhere, myself included), but if you really believe Gionta doesn't deserve ice time, you're either watching something else or really don't know much about the sport beyond Chico's rants.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#242 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Even Chico couldn't ignore it tonight.

Lol yeah you know its bad then

www.SterioDesign.com

#243 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

SHUT THE fvck UP DEBOER

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#244 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Marty will start against the Rangers Saturday night

He does and I root for the Rangers...

#245 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Holy sh!t is it gonna be a sh!t show if they don't win Saturday. It may get real ugly in the stands. They may want to bring in extra security for this one lol.

No one showed up to see an 0-1 team at the home opener, what makes you think there's going to be enough people at this game to even warrant regular staff? Granted, it will be the only time this year (excluding the other Rangers games) that we'll see potentially less than embarrassing attendance numbers, assuming the Devils to Rangers fans ratio is respectable.

Edited by thecoffeecake, 17 October 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#246 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

lol Pete...'I was encouraged by our game, it was a step in the right direction'

Talk about unintentionally hilarious.

At some point this sh!t doesn't matter. You have to WIN. DeBoer just said 'We'll come out the other end of this' When, after Thanksgiving? And rofl, he just said 'goaltending wasn't the story of the game'. I mean not that he'd throw Marty under the bus, I'm just impressed he was able to get the words out of his mouth with a straight face.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#247 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Some people have some pretty awful opinions here (I mean, people have awful opinions everywhere, myself included), but if you really believe Gionta doesn't deserve ice time, you're either watching something else or really don't know much about the sport beyond Chico's rants.

I haven't been too thrilled with his play this season but he was good tonight. The fourth line was easily our best.

#248 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

cant just get up and give up on marty like this.. hes older hes not as good as he once was but fans still need to support him.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#249 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

Totally agree- thank you for injecting some sanity to the Gio argument. Him and Volcheckov will always be the go-to guys around here when it comes to blamefor losses.... somehow people think that Fayne and Josefson would magically make the difference in each of these games.

I'm not the biggest fan of either, but Pete playing them over JJ and Fayne is not the reason we are losing. People are just looking for things to pile on Pete about, when clearly Marty has not been sharp in any of his games and the offense as a whole hasn't clicked yet.

#250 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

Gionta is freaking terrible and does not belong on NHL ice. There's no opinion or debate about that. He is a negative.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#251 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

I haven't been too thrilled with his play this season but he was good tonight. The fourth line was easily our best.

that little bugger was named the second star of the game............Pete will never sit him now

#252 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

I thought Gio was pretty good tonight. Caused a few turnovers on his own and had some good chances.

Edited by Blown01NJ, 17 October 2013 - 09:39 PM.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#253 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

And on the brite side.......... :noclue:

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#254 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Thankfully when we do get a new coach this Gionta fetish will come to an end.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#255 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

cant just get up and give up on marty like this.. hes older hes not as good as he once was but fans still need to support him.

No true Devils fan can "give up" on Marty... but it is becoming clear quite quickly that Schneider should be starting close to 60 games this year, and we know that is not happening.

#256 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Gionta is freaking terrible and does not belong on NHL ice. There's no opinion or debate about that. He is a negative.

in Fairness He had a good game tonight

#257 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

He's by far the hardest worker out there, and makes a ton of hustle and hard-nosed plays no one else is willing to. He's not the best finisher, but he creates opportunities every night. And he's seemingly the only one willing to play a physical game.

#258 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

No true Devils fan can "give up" on Marty... but it is becoming clear quite quickly that Schneider should be starting close to 60 games this year, and we know that is not happening.

honestly it is what it is the team isnt playing well in front of either goalie so it doesnt really make that much of a difference.. i dont see this group going too far anyway. Especially the way that it is right now
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#259 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

lol Pete...'I was encouraged by our game, it was a step in the right direction'

Talk about unintentionally hilarious.

:doh1:  Maybe Pete can talk about "identity" some more while he's at it!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#260 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

He does and I root for the Rangers...

Will that be a first? Marty will be in goal against the Rangers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users