402 replies to this topic

#301 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

I didn't get a chance to watch much of the game today, but was Tedenby really that bad? Was he creating anything at all offensively? I'm really rooting for him, but he can be really frustrating. I didn't see that big penalty that everyone is talking about.

But from what I did see: The Elias line looked pretty good. Henrique seemed to be playing better, too.

It's a frustrating loss, as far as I can tell from this thread, it may have been their best effort of the season so far.

#302 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

I didn't get a chance to watch much of the game today, but was Tedenby really that bad? Was he creating anything at all offensively? I'm really rooting for him, but he can be really frustrating. I didn't see that big penalty that everyone is talking about.

But from what I did see: The Elias line looked pretty good. Henrique seemed to be playing better, too.

It's a frustrating loss, as far as I can tell from this thread, it may have been their best effort of the season so far.

He was his usual suckiness.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#303 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

That doesn't make everyone good, hell you could make the case it makes everyone mediocre, and the bad teams are truly bad.    I mean I don't know how you can take the last year of Minnesota Wild hockey and say they're "good".    They got off to a hot start in a short season and they've been "blah" ever since.

Because they have good forward depth, one of the best defensive pairings in the league, and a good goalie tandem. Minnesota is a good team. There are no bad teams in that division.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#304 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

Because they have good forward depth, one of the best defensive pairings in the league, and a good goalie tandem. Minnesota is a good team. There are no bad teams in that division.

That doesn't mean they're all good and Minnesota is not good.    They're not bad either.   They're just there.   They're better than Winnipeg, though.

#305 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

That doesn't make everyone good, hell you could make the case it makes everyone mediocre, and the bad teams are truly bad.    I mean I don't know how you can take the last year of Minnesota Wild hockey and say they're "good".    They got off to a hot start in a short season and they've been "blah" ever since.

The Wild are running over teams territorially, they look pretty fearsome.  Although I don't know why this discussion is being had here..

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#306 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

That was the worst game I've ever seen from Henrique. BRUTALLY slow and unskilled. The third Ottawa goal was all his doing, sloppy turnover and a pathetic back check. He looks woefully out of shape every shift, too.

I thought Teddy looked decent, good speed and energy.

Schneider HAS to be our no. 1

#307 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

That was the worst game I've ever seen from Henrique. BRUTALLY slow and unskilled. The third Ottawa goal was all his doing, sloppy turnover and a pathetic back check. He looks woefully out of shape every shift, too.
I thought Teddy looked decent, good speed and energy.
Schneider HAS to be our no. 1

Henrique was our worst forward. He doesn't seem healthy. He's just not skating very well for some reason.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#308 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Poorly balanced?  It's a team with basically two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines.  True, not having a true first line sucks, but there's no reason to be this bad.

If you're talking about tonight, that isn't even close to what's happening.

Whatever you say bud. The results speak for themselves.
Posted Image

#309 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

You mean the 7 games worth of results, where Martin Brodeur has been handed 11 goals in 4 games and has been unable to win any of those games?

The offense sucks.  We knew that going in.  If you don't have a top line it's hard to score goals.  But if the goaltending is going to be this bad, the Devils don't have a chance.  Brodeur singlehandedly cost the Devils the game, and even Chico buried him tonight.

Edited by Triumph, 18 October 2013 - 12:20 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#310 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

Somebody cursed this team.

Whoever thought signing Kovalchuk was a good idea cursed this team.

I miss Parise. 

#311 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

We are 7 games into the season. The Devils have looked in all aspects. They just haven't been at the same time. Games where they've looked good offensively, the defense let them down. Games where the defense looked good, the offense let them down. Tonight, the offense and defense looked good, but the goaltending was awful. Eventually everything will click at once. When that happens, the Devils will steam roll opponents. If you want a team that truly has shown no signs of life, look at the Flyers. That team has truly sucked.

Whoever thought signing Kovalchuk was a good idea cursed this team.

Vanderbeek?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#312 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

This team won't be in NJ much longer at this rate.
I sure as hell won't support a team like this. Someone else can go spend all that money to watch this JV lose every night.

I miss Parise. 

#313 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Vanderbeek?

Sure...and about 95% of the fans actually believing in that fraud.

I miss Parise. 

#314 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

Ready to start Pete Doboer watch?

#315 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

This team won't be in NJ much longer at this rate.
I sure as hell won't support a team like this. Someone else can go spend all that money to watch this JV lose every night.

Not sure if serious......

The Devils could go 0-82 and I'd still support this team.  I am committed to this team!

Ready to start Pete Doboer watch?

This started already.

Edited by Mike Brown, 18 October 2013 - 01:12 AM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#316 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

He wasn't great, but not much happened with him on the ice, other than Marty giving up softies that Teddy had little to do with. First game in a long time etc. I want him to get another game or two before decisions are made.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#317 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

I think patrik Elias sums up the game and the season as a whole perfectly:

“What can you say? We were awful because we’re losing?” Patrik Elias asked. “We’re not that bad. We’re not playing bad hockey. At certain times, yes, we make mistakes and maybe different guys need to play a little bit tighter, grind it out a little bit.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#318 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Gionta had a very solid game tonight so whyyyyy are we talking about this...AGAIN.

Apparently he was named the second star of the night.

Because the entire team sucked. Gionta just sucked a little less finally. He is still awful and Dipsh!t Deboer continues to play him on the PK and take face offs.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#319 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Sorry guys, I believe these losses are my fault.... I will change my signature before the next game.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#320 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

SMITE HIM! THE SIGN(ATURE) OF THE KOVALCHUK IS UPON HIM!

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users