402 replies to this topic

#401 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

I don't think it's ridiculous, name value means alot to people.   Look at 09 in the playoffs with the matching and the geezer line getting big ice time and such.   I can't believe that Sutter would do that with Clemmer in net.    He seemed to have a healthy fear of him and it was in everyone's best interest.   Marty comes back and it seemed like the whole dynamic of that team changed within a week or so.

I'm a little confused with what you are getting at here. Maybe I am just very tired, but care to explain in more detail.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#402 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'm a little confused with what you are getting at here. Maybe I am just very tired, but care to explain in more detail.

I probably talked too much.   I just don't think the coach being blinded by a "name" is that ridiculous.   It happens.     I don't think he's massaging egos.   

Last year, Moose or Keith Kincaid?    Was there really a difference, other than the name?   So one guy plays every game, despite being horrid, and the other one is a bench jockey.

Edited by maxpower, 18 October 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#403 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

I mean, my brother is 10 right now, he plays goal on his mite hockey team. He has a big Brodeur poster in his room and he'll have a few good memories, but not like I have.

My earliest hockey memories involve watching the Devils with Marty in net, I literally NEVER saw the team when he wasn't on it. People who are my age, the 20-30 year old crowd are the ones who are going to recall Marty as the ultimate netminder of his day.

Yea, im young enough only to know Brodeur, and I got to see him through most of his prime. The first game I went to, Brodeur lost to the Islander edition of Weekes, pretty cool looking back. It wouldve been great had he gone out after the cup run. He made a huge stacked pad save late in the third of game 6 against the Rangers, and that really will probably be the last great memory I have of him.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users