46 replies to this topic

#41 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Maybe I'm going to heat for this but I don't blame Parise one bit for doing what he did looking back on it. The Kovalchuk fiasco priced us out of any realistic chance of re-signing Zach. The team was so focused on catering to Kovalchuk that Zach became second fiddle and "star number two". Do any of you TRULY blame him for bolting? He's probably laughing after learning that Kovalchuk went to the KHL.

We might have made the SCF with Kovy but I think we were just fine without him. He did a lot of bad for this team. And while he did some good the pros don't really outweigh the cons.

n2eg.jpg

#42 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I will never forgive Zach for leaving, but I would never turn down the chance to play for a Jersey based team. Unless you really hate the place youre from, its a no brainer. Im surprised more guys arent doing this. I really thought Zajac was going to Winnipeg before he resigned. Why the hell wouldnt he?

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#43 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

I will never forgive Zach for leaving, but I would never turn down the chance to play for a Jersey based team. Unless you really hate the place youre from, its a no brainer. Im surprised more guys arent doing this. I really thought Zajac was going to Winnipeg before he resigned. Why the hell wouldnt he?

maybe Lou can package Zajac and get Kane in return

#44 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm sorry but what is the point of this thread?

#45 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

How can people be upset with Kovalchuk?

He isn't as good as ZP9(11), was on the wrong side of 30 and has back issues. Him leaving was a blessing in disguise as far as I can tell.  Lou smartly let him walk as it was a smart decision fiscally and provided us with more flexibility.  

Parise on the other hand chose another team even though we gave him a competitive offer.  That's a pretty big slap in the face

Yeah, I have to agree, this year may suck because of it but over the next 10 years this is clearly a BIG win for the org. lou knew that and let him walk, probablly giggling.  ,,,,,,,,,F zach

#46 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Maybe I'm going to heat for this but I don't blame Parise one bit for doing what he did looking back on it. The Kovalchuk fiasco priced us out of any realistic chance of re-signing Zach. The team was so focused on catering to Kovalchuk that Zach became second fiddle and "star number two". Do any of you TRULY blame him for bolting? He's probably laughing after learning that Kovalchuk went to the KHL.

We might have made the SCF with Kovy but I think we were just fine without him. He did a lot of bad for this team. And while he did some good the pros don't really outweigh the cons.

Im not buying the «im the second star here i'll sign elsewhere» Zach parise was our captain after all. If a player dont like the shadow that other provide to him, well he is never gonna win a Stanley cup. My problem with ZP9 is taht he always says he want to resign we were his number one choice etc. Than you learn he sign with the minnesota Wild... As a UFA you do what you want in life, but dont lie to people a year long about your intention....

#47 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

I'm over both of their departures.  Both did it in douchey ways, but one thing I do believe is that they truly did love playing for the Devils.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users