#181 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

I'm too lazy to go through all 9 pages, but anyone thanked me yet?  :thumbsup: 

Aight guys, I got rid of my Kovy signature...oh sh!t, I mentioned his name. I hope it's not going to ruin this...

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

tumblr_mu7tqkSayb1r1axvjo1_400.gif

:ninja:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#182 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

fvck yeah, what an awesome game. Cory! Cory! Cory!

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#183 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Great Game, how did we possibly win it without Larsson???!!! JK!!! adam will be fine. LOVE DANO, came right out and said it on HNL, "YOU HAVE TO START SCHNIEDER THE NEXT GAME"

more good news, I think Sals ok, I saw him on the bench!!!!

#184 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

I wish I could personally thank each and every Devil for their performance in this game. I had the most insufferable group of rangers fans behind me (all dressed in button-ups and dress pants... figures that the most vocal ones are cowards and won't wear any rangers gear.) Sitting there making fun of Marty (to which I reminded them time and time again that he was on the bench), talking about how Jagr's winded (naturally this was all when it was 0-0) cheering on Salvador being injured, making fun of an overweight Devils fan in the next section over... which was also humorous given the way they all looked (pot... meet kettle). It was truly enjoyable listening to seven nation army blare and watching these idiots hold their heads in their hands four times... They remained quiet for a good portion of the game while watching their team get their asses handed to them until about 13 minutes left in the third, they decided to start talking sh!t about different fans in different sections. Of course they tried saying something to me, to which naturally I had to reply... then I had some guy tell me there was 18 of them and I should just enjoy the game... are you kidding me? Yes, being 6'4" 225, surrounded by Devils fans I feel quite threatened that there is 18 bozos in button ups masquerading as hockey fans. I just laughed at them, and with about 5 minutes left they began leaving one by one. I figured I'd be courteous and tell them all to have a good night (as the adjacent sections cheered "HOL-LAND TUN-NEL!, HOL-LAND TUN-NEL!"), one of them took exception to this and turned around to inform me that he "should punch me in the face right now." I said hey, I'll be sitting right here whenever you decide to do that, held up my beer, and watched as he turned around and left.

Then the final horn blared, we cheered Let's go Devils throughout the arena, and later, throughout the streets of Newark.

Today was a good day.

I was fortunate enough to not have any d bags by me. All of the rags fans by me were pretty classy.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#185 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Yeah, that makes sense for a Devils fan to not watch a Devils v. Rangers game. Seems legit.

Why is this troll even still a member of this forum? Reminds me of PhillyDev during the 12' Final run.

I don't find anything you said to me offensive for the sole reason of you don't know sh!t.

Edited by BigZ, 20 October 2013 - 10:50 AM.

I miss Parise. 

#186 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,471 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I was fortunate enough to not have any d bags by me. All of the rags fans by me were pretty classy.

See anything else good while you were in Bizarro World?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 20 October 2013 - 10:51 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#187 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

I wish I could personally thank each and every Devil for their performance in this game. I had the most insufferable group of rangers fans behind me (all dressed in button-ups and dress pants... figures that the most vocal ones are cowards and won't wear any rangers gear.) Sitting there making fun of Marty (to which I reminded them time and time again that he was on the bench), talking about how Jagr's winded (naturally this was all when it was 0-0) cheering on Salvador being injured, making fun of an overweight Devils fan in the next section over... which was also humorous given the way they all looked (pot... meet kettle). It was truly enjoyable listening to seven nation army blare and watching these idiots hold their heads in their hands four times... They remained quiet for a good portion of the game while watching their team get their asses handed to them until about 13 minutes left in the third, they decided to start talking sh!t about different fans in different sections. Of course they tried saying something to me, to which naturally I had to reply... then I had some guy tell me there was 18 of them and I should just enjoy the game... are you kidding me? Yes, being 6'4" 225, surrounded by Devils fans I feel quite threatened that there is 18 bozos in button ups masquerading as hockey fans. I just laughed at them, and with about 5 minutes left they began leaving one by one. I figured I'd be courteous and tell them all to have a good night (as the adjacent sections cheered "HOL-LAND TUN-NEL!, HOL-LAND TUN-NEL!"), one of them took exception to this and turned around to inform me that he "should punch me in the face right now." I said hey, I'll be sitting right here whenever you decide to do that, held up my beer, and watched as he turned around and left.

Then the final horn blared, we cheered Let's go Devils throughout the arena, and later, throughout the streets of Newark.

Today was a good day.

Way to stand ground and brag about it.
Seriously..whether that happened or not, good job.
Also just realize the only good things about this win, besides it being the 1st..is that it was against The Queen...other than that we beat a team that was B squading just like the Devils.
The Devils always draw first blood against the Rangers it seems but then end up losing the series to them.
I don't think the Rangers will go far this season regardless but keep in mind they were missing an entire line of their best players.
I'm relived they got the win but keep things in perspective.

I miss Parise. 

#188 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

There was a couple in front of us that was awesome. We were joking back and forth about how bad our teams have been so far. But the row of people behind us... like I said, it was awesome heckling them as they filed out before the final horn.

100601larry-david2.jpg

#189 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Also just realize the only good things about this win, besides it being the 1st..is that it was against The Queen...other than that we beat a team that was B squading just like the Devils.
The Devils always draw first blood against the Rangers it seems but then end up losing the series to them.
I don't think the Rangers will go far this season regardless but keep in mind they were missing an entire line of their best players.

DM...please...IP ban...please...

Edited by Devilsfan118, 20 October 2013 - 11:12 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#190 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I would go so far as to say the queen is done. He's been atrocious in most all games this year. Let's not  dance around the issue, this guy was all pads. Most people who follow hockey knew this, the guy wears a mattress. Take that away and you can't just stop everything by positioning correctly.

We beat a team that is worse than us, not to detract from our win. This team has been in a few games this year, maybe the confidence it gives them is all that matters. I mean I'm positive the locker room isn't saying "the rags suck this win is meaningless".

The good news is a win streak of a few games totally gets us back into the hunt, and we have been a very streaky team the last few years. So here's to hopping we can get a few more in the W column.

Edited by Sneax, 20 October 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#191 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I don't find anything you said to me offensive for the sole reason of you don't know sh!t.

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-sta

100601larry-david2.jpg

#192 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Steve : "Salvador is back on the ice. That's good to see."

Chico 5 minutes later : "oh there's Salvador back on the bench! Ready to get a shift"

Followed by long silence, I assume with Steve just staring at Chico

Could have been worse. Matt and Sherry didn't even notice him until he was literally on the ice. They talked for about 5 minutes about how sneaky he is............

#193 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

TG just tweeted that Schneider will start vs. Columbus. Hell Yeah.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#194 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Could have been worse. Matt and Sherry didn't even notice him until he was literally on the ice. They talked for about 5 minutes about how sneaky he is............

I'm pretty good about noticing which players are out and I was late on seeing Salvador back because I had assumed he was done for the night.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#195 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

Sweeeeeet!

#196 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Oh damn, ballsy of Pete. Really thought he'd go with Marty on Tuesday and Schneids on Thursday. Now it looks like he'll be playing both..

#197 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Maybe the "Fire Pete Bandwagon" is losing steam !

#198 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Maybe the "Fire Pete Bandwagon" is losing steam !

Let me see the D pairings before I make my judgment there

Although I wonder if Salvador is going to play on Tuesday. Dude's a freakin warrior but he's gotta be sore after that hit.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#199 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Guys, Elias was the problem this entire time!

/sarcasm

Thank you Jesus!  Now Pete.  Put Fayne and Larsson in the lineup at the same time!  And take Harrold out!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#200 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I am glad Salvadore is ok but it would be nice to see how well the team would play with him and Volch out for say 3 or 4 games bringing up some youth. Also no doubt they will play Cory with the excuse Marty was hurt with the shot he took to the collarbone in Ottawa, and not the truth that Cory right now is the better Goalie. As much as I love Marty he needs to be our Back up not starter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users