211 replies to this topic

#141 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Marty was awesome, may he remain being awesome.

Cory Cory Cory

#142 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

everyone looked good tonight

to me the one disappointment was teddy. Not that he made a ton of mistakes but it just seemed liked when he was on the ice we were penned in our zone more often than not.

#143 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

ugh EJ Hradek can't pronounce Lok-ti-on-ov...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#144 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

to me the one disappointment was teddy. Not that he made a ton of mistakes but it just seemed liked when he was on the ice we were penned in our zone more often than not.

I didnt even notice him.....maybe thats good.. maybe not

#145 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Marty did a terrific job warming the bench. I think he found his new job.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#146 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Feels good. Let's try to build on it. Congrats to Cory.

#147 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

I can't do mean-spirited when it comes to Marty, but if he's starting Tuesday, I'm going to be pissed.  Schneider has stopped 101 out of 109 shots.  .927 save%.  1.99 GAA.   For the love of God, roll with him already! 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#148 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Man that feels good. Way to go boys. 

#149 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Wonder how Salvador managed to return. That was a nasty slam he took.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#150 Bane

Bane

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

ahhh, FINALLY.

#151 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Wonder how Salvador managed to return. That was a nasty slam he took.

looked like he broke his back....but he's tough, and played a good game, along with Volch

#152 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Thus is absolutely a turning point of the season. I know Lundy looks lousy but we are finally clicking

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#153 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

ugh, Hockey night live, saying "You can't take Kovalchuk, Parise and Clarkson out of the mix and expect to be the same team..."

ok, you're part right... We're a better team not having those sellouts. They were NOT our entire team and it annoys me to no end when people talk like losing any or all of them was decimating to our team!

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#154 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

+1

I can't do mean-spirited when it comes to Marty, but if he's starting Tuesday, I'm going to be pissed.  Schneider has stopped 101 out of 109 shots.  .927 save%.  1.99 GAA.   For the love of God, roll with him already! 

+1

#155 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

looked like he broke his back....but he's tough, and played a good game, along with Volch

I agree. Harrold definitely looked like the weak link tonight. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see both Larsson and Fayne in the lineup on Tuesday.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 19 October 2013 - 09:09 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#156 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Not buying season turnaround yet. We beat another bad team. I'm trying to stay calm. Win Tuesday and then we're talking.
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#157 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Not buying season turnaround yet. We beat another bad team. I'm trying to stay calm. Win Tuesday and then we're talking.

I think everyone's just enjoying the win...and hoping that the goalie split nonsense is over.  If the idea was to see whether or not one of the goalies emerged, someone did, even with the sample being small. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#158 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

I think 10% of the season is enough of a sample size to stop messing around, especially when another prolonged losing streak is going to put the coach's job in jeopardy.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#159 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Sorry just trying **** Great win

Edited by Colin226, 19 October 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#160 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Tell me this isn't the most ballin' all-natural Devils pic you've ever seen (taken in NJ)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users