211 replies to this topic

#161 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

That is a great pic, and that was a great win as well :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#162 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,280 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Always fun to watch the Devils own the Rangers and the queen. Solid team effort tonight.

I can't do mean-spirited when it comes to Marty, but if he's starting Tuesday, I'm going to be pissed.  Schneider has stopped 101 out of 109 shots.  .927 save%.  1.99 GAA.   For the love of God, roll with him already! 

Agree 100%.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#163 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Tonight is the team I expect throughout the year.  With Elias and Brunner out, our forward depth really showed tonight.  Loktionov, Henrique, Zubrus, and Jagr were magnificent tonight.  The Rags have two of their best forwards out.  They don't have the depth to absorb the loss like we do.  It really showed tonight,

I loved Gionta tonight as well.  Also, Volchenkov I thought was good as well.  And how about Zidlicky?  The dude is off to a great start.

Bottom line the REAL New Jersey Devils showed up tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#164 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Announced attendance was 16,592 and the Devils said it is a sellout according to TG. I confused!

believe-zubrus.jpg

#165 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Announced attendance was 16,592 and the Devils said it is a sellout according to TG. I confused!

I did notice a few pockets of seats that were unattended tonight.  But imo there is no way there was fewer than 17,000 people tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#166 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

burden is on OP to start the next GDT. dont' fvck this up.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#167 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

I did notice a few pockets of seats that were unattended tonight.  But imo there is no way there was fewer than 17,000 people tonight.

Not the point, Devils said 16,500 in attendance and announced it as a sellout, did they lower their capacity, did they go by tickets sold? Thats what I want to know.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#168 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Not the point, Devils said 16,500 in attendance and announced it as a sellout, did they lower their capacity, did they go by tickets sold? Thats what I want to know.

Steve Cangialosi said it was a packed house.....for whatever that means.......I havent heard of them lowering the capacity

#169 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

I can't see how the capacity could have gone down.  I wonder if they're going with actual number of tickets scanned is the number they're using.

Edited by Mike Brown, 19 October 2013 - 11:03 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#170 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Devils win and 50% of the comments are Marty jokes. Unreal the disrespect for the greatest goaltender of all time. Yes, I think Schneider should get 70% of the remaining games. But man, I still love me some Marty.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#171 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

BTW regarding the capacity, I read that the official capacity is no longer 17,625.  They simply stopped counting some of the luxury seats into the official capacity (goal bar, acela club, etc).  So there probably was 17,625+ people there tonight.  So it makes me wonder if the Islander game was officially a sellout as well.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#172 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

Its very odd if we were 1,100 short of a sellout for a rangers game, on a sat night, and after being on the road for two weeks. Kind of makes you wonder about the home opener attendance too, which was about the same as tonight's.

#173 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Big z is no where when we win. Pathetic. Great game by the devils today!

#174 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

Its very odd if we were 1,100 short of a sellout for a rangers game, on a sat night, and after being on the road for two weeks. Kind of makes you wonder about the home opener attendance too, which was about the same as tonight's.

I'm not 100% sure that what I said above is even correct.  I actually read this on HF, and it's just speculation.  I was stunned when I saw both games didn't sellout.  But if this is true, then they probably did both sellout.  I can assure you both games were pretty packed.  My only question is what is our official seating capacity then?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#175 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

I'm not 100% sure that what I said above is even correct.  I actually read this on HF, and it's just speculation.  I was stunned when I saw both games didn't sellout.  But if this is true, then they probably did both sellout.  I can assure you both games were pretty packed.  My only question is what is our official seating capacity then?

You have to wonder if that speculation is indeed true since ST sales were supposed to be up this year due to the winter classic.

#176 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

Big z is no where when we win. Pathetic. Great game by the devils today!

I fell asleep after it was 2-0.
I predicted this win before the Ottawa game.
I'm not gonna watch something if I already know the outcome (;
But no seriously the Rangers are horrible. The Queen looks hurt or something and with the injuries they were "ripe to be beaten".
Cory needs to start as much as possible.
Clearly he gives the Devils a much much better chance to win.
Omg only 9 points out of 1st!
1-4-3 ..the universal number of love.

I miss Parise. 

#177 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Please for the love of god keep Schneider in. Brodeur's SV% is .865! That's ECHL caliber. We've got an all star goalie, please play him for a strong majority of the time

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#178 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

Devils win and 50% of the comments are Marty jokes. Unreal the disrespect for the greatest goaltender of all time. Yes, I think Schneider should get 70% of the remaining games. But man, I still love me some Marty.

This is not accurate at all.  What I see is Devils fans (fair ones) being realistic about what they're seeing.  No one is really attacking or ripping on Marty, though I thought Carpathian's benchwarming comment was out of line.  It's fine for fans to state they want Schneider in net, but there's no reason to take disrespectful jabs at Marty while they're at it.  Marty's run of productivity is probably over, but man what a hell of a run it was...far, far outweighs the sample of diminished play we're seeing from Marty now. 

dr33 stated this well in the last GDT, but if the Devils keep trying to make Marty happen at Schneider's expense, it's only because they're trapped in the past, not seeing Marty for what he currently is. and giving him too much respect because of it.  If Marty was five years younger, I could understand the "we can't give up on him yet" scenario...in fact, I'd probably be promoting it...but now there's just no excuse.  Marty has an .878 save% in his last 18 starts (and he's looked as bad overall as that save% suggests) and we all know how old he is.  It's one thing if you're giving him starts because the other guy is having a lousy year (last year's Hedberg), but as we've seen, the new guy is extremely capable, and there's no getting around the simple fact that 27-year-old in-his-prime Cory Schneider is considerably better than 41-year-old clearly past-his-prime Martin Brodeur.  Much as it would've been great if Marty had retired after 2012, I can understand fully why he didn't...he was coming off a terrific stretch of play and surely believed there was more where that came from, the team looked like it could make the playoffs again, the Devils probably didn't have any great Plan B in place at that time...the Victory Lap contract hasn't really worked out, but Lou made a hell of a move in finding the Next One in Schneider (especially when he was getting routinely slammed for not "preparing" for Marty's inevitable decline or exit from the game).   

All the above is pretty obvious stuff, but I don't think it is to the Devils yet.  I think there's still this feeling that the Devils need to get Marty going, at the expense of the entire team.  They don't.  If the Devils can get themselves from out of the early hole they've dug themselves, then yeah, they can try to get Marty some starts here and there.  But not until then.  Go with the clearly better player and see if you make some headway in what's looking like a pretty meh division.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 20 October 2013 - 05:17 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#179 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

I fell asleep after it was 2-0.
I predicted this win before the Ottawa game.
I'm not gonna watch something if I already know the outcome (;
But no seriously the Rangers are horrible. The Queen looks hurt or something and with the injuries they were "ripe to be beaten".
Cory needs to start as much as possible.
Clearly he gives the Devils a much much better chance to win.
Omg only 9 points out of 1st!
1-4-3 ..the universal number of love.

Yeah, that makes sense for a Devils fan to not watch a Devils v. Rangers game. Seems legit.

Why is this troll even still a member of this forum? Reminds me of PhillyDev during the 12' Final run.

#180 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

I wish I could personally thank each and every Devil for their performance in this game. I had the most insufferable group of rangers fans behind me (all dressed in button-ups and dress pants... figures that the most vocal ones are cowards and won't wear any rangers gear.) Sitting there making fun of Marty (to which I reminded them time and time again that he was on the bench), talking about how Jagr's winded (naturally this was all when it was 0-0) cheering on Salvador being injured, making fun of an overweight Devils fan in the next section over... which was also humorous given the way they all looked (pot... meet kettle). It was truly enjoyable listening to seven nation army blare and watching these idiots hold their heads in their hands four times... They remained quiet for a good portion of the game while watching their team get their asses handed to them until about 13 minutes left in the third, they decided to start talking sh!t about different fans in different sections. Of course they tried saying something to me, to which naturally I had to reply... then I had some guy tell me there was 18 of them and I should just enjoy the game... are you kidding me? Yes, being 6'4" 225, surrounded by Devils fans I feel quite threatened that there is 18 bozos in button ups masquerading as hockey fans. I just laughed at them, and with about 5 minutes left they began leaving one by one. I figured I'd be courteous and tell them all to have a good night (as the adjacent sections cheered "HOL-LAND TUN-NEL!, HOL-LAND TUN-NEL!"), one of them took exception to this and turned around to inform me that he "should punch me in the face right now." I said hey, I'll be sitting right here whenever you decide to do that, held up my beer, and watched as he turned around and left.

Then the final horn blared, we cheered Let's go Devils throughout the arena, and later, throughout the streets of Newark.

Today was a good day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users