14 replies to this topic

#1 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

The most telling moment had to be Gionta diving to block a shot up four. That's why he stays in the lineup. Not one Ranger showed any guts. It's one of the worst performances I've seen in quite some time.

Embarrassed by Hudson rival

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#2 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Yes, let's not give the Devils any credit for the win. It's not like they were clicking, playing responsible defense and had a solid netminder between the pipes. It's because the Rangers just decided not to show up tonight.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#3 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

His point isn't wrong about Gionta though lol...we ***** about him, but hey guys'll try for Pete cause if nothing else effort gets rewarded.

Besides he writes most of his stuff from a Ranger perspective obviously, and I write from the Devils perspective.  If it was the Devils playing like that we'd be getting battle fatigue flashbacks to the MacLean era.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 19 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#4 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Yes, let's not give the Devils any credit for the win. It's not like they were clicking, playing responsible defense and had a solid netminder between the pipes. It's because the Rangers just decided not to show up tonight.

To be fair, we tend to be the same way.  When we lose, it's never because the opposition was good.  Actually all fanbases are like this.  The Devils forced the Rags into their lackluster play tonight imo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#5 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

It's too easy to give credit to opponents. They played solid. Shots were 22-19 and Hank gave up 2 softies. It's easy to sit back when you have an opponent that barely competed. Sorry to disappoint you. I expected better after the first. They gave up.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#6 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

His point isn't wrong about Gionta though lol...we ***** about him, but hey guys'll try for Pete cause if nothing else effort gets rewarded.

Besides he writes most of his stuff from a Ranger perspective obviously, and I write from the Devils perspective.  If it was the Devils playing like that we'd be getting battle fatigue flashbacks to the MacLean era.

Sometimes, I write from the Devils perspective. This wasn't one of those moments. Not when most of the roster couldn't be bothered. They wanted a new coach. Seven games in, they look like one of the most disorganized teams in the league. When it goes bad, we bury our teams.

#7 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Gionta still sucks.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#8 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I think W/ Rangers shortcomings this year is w/ AV and a lot to do with their new system? Torts was all about protecting the goaltender (keeping a tight knit 'house") in the slot.  Maybe the Rangers (as much as they pissed/moaned about Torts suppressive system) are having a hard time adapting. They sure as hell aren't embracing it. This is the first time Lundquist is left out to dry a lil?  

Everyone was saying how the Metropolitan division will be really strong? I'ts easily the weakest division so far. Three proudest team-revs/rags/Flyers all suck. I know it's early still but only a miracle is in order.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#9 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

The Rags have lost 4-1, 9-2, 6-0, 5-3, and 4-0.

They have won games 3-1 and 2-0.

And they haven't been without Nash, Callahan, and Del Zotto in all of these games.  The Rags have legit problems.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#10 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

hey anytime we make the Rangers look like the chumps they are, I'm happy with it, I don't care if it's an intense game or not

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#11 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Without Torts, there is no accountability at MSG. I love it.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#12 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

For a 4-0 game that was a snoozefest last night, the crowd didnt help either, it sounded like a morgue in there. When they announced the final minute of play in the second period you could hear a pin drop. Awful. And everyone saying it was definitely a sellout last night, I disagree. About 8 of my friends were able to move down to the lower level with zero problem. During a rangers game thats unheard of especially in the second period.

#13 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

For a 4-0 game that was a snoozefest last night, the crowd didnt help either, it sounded like a morgue in there. When they announced the final minute of play in the second period you could hear a pin drop. Awful. And everyone saying it was definitely a sellout last night, I disagree. About 8 of my friends were able to move down to the lower level with zero problem. During a rangers game thats unheard of especially in the second period.

The first two periods were very energetic, very hard hitting, the crowd was definitely into it. Devils went into prevent mode in the third and it was a boring period.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#14 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

maybe everyone was on edge going into the 3rd period with a lead.. was waiting to start letting the goals slip in to blow the game as usual..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#15 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

The 3rd period for like the first 10 minutes was a whistle fest.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users