484 replies to this topic

#321 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

probably because you constantly think you are correct when i just proved you wrong.. im going through the process of it currently.. so i hate to tell you sir.. (i mean i guess i can call you sir you argue and act like a man..probably look like one also) that you in fact are not correct, once again.

You haven't proved anything, but being accepted. Getting a job after is another. 

By the way, i think you're nothing but a punk.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 14 January 2014 - 10:44 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#322 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

And i just shared input from two family members, one happens to be a chief. I bet you also believe in equal opportunity hiring, fair hiring practices and no such thing as a quota. What makes you think just because it's law enforcement, it's any different? 

You can qualify under 1-4, go through the academy, take the written and it still doesn't mean you'll be a police offer. They're going to take the most educated candidates first.

perfect quote just to show you really dont know what the hell you are talking about... at all "go through the academy, take the written and it still doesn't mean you'll be a police officer" ... you dont even know the process yet your trying to argue with people.. you dont go through the academy then take a written moron that wouldnt make much sense now would it.. you take a written which you have to score high enough to even get close to progressing usually higher then a 90. You then get a letter and you have to go take a pretty extensive physical (this varies from academy to academy). If you pass your physical you then have to go and pass a psychological.. if you pass that then starts interviews and investigations. Once and if you get hired you then get put through an academy by the department which is hiring you which is the last step of the process.. you graduate go through about a month of field training and thats it.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#323 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

You haven't proved anything, but being accepted. Getting a job after is another. 

and as i just said you have to be hired before being put through the academy.. but thank you for your kind thoughts iam so going to lose sleep tonight because some trash ball lady on a forum thinks im a punk ... your upset because you are trying to have an argument in which you are wrong but continue to argue as thats all you know how to do instead of just accepting the fact you are incorrect and moving on.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#324 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

You graduate the academy you come out as a officer. Don't know what he is talking about.

#325 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

I can vouch for what Sik02gt is saying, my friend went thru this process last year and is now an officer.

FWIW I have two friends who are officers, neither has a bachelor's degree and only one has an associate's. Of course having any degree is a plus, but it's certainly not a requirement. Both have no military experience but did work as dispatchers for a few years which helped them get an in at the department they work for.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#326 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

You graduate the academy you come out as a officer. Don't know what he is talking about.

"he" redstorm.. is actually a she, well supposedly.. maybe its both who knows ..but it (is what we will call it) is just arguing to argue
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#327 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

I've been searching far and wide, what academy did you get in my man? cape may? Or a county's college one? I've been at lost with looking. Thanks

"he" redstorm.. is actually a she, well supposedly.. maybe its both who knows ..but it (is what we will call it) is just arguing to argue

#328 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

perfect quote just to show you really dont know what the hell you are talking about... at all "go through the academy, take the written and it still doesn't mean you'll be a police officer" ... you dont even know the process yet your trying to argue with people.. you dont go through the academy then take a written moron that wouldnt make much sense now would it.. you take a written which you have to score high enough to even get close to progressing usually higher then a 90. You then get a letter and you have to go take a pretty extensive physical (this varies from academy to academy). If you pass your physical you then have to go and pass a psychological.. if you pass that then starts interviews and investigations. Once and if you get hired you then get put through an academy by the department which is hiring you which is the last step of the process.. you graduate go through about a month of field training and thats it.

When all that happens, then you become an officer which not everyone becomes. This is not a guarantee job. You can score high on the written, take the physical and psychological et all, you're still not guaranteed getting a job and that's where your education or the hiring practices are going to make or break you. 

You did the same thing snot nose did. I didn't mean take the written after the academy literally. I didn't say "THEN take the written", i just said it together not in context one after another.

And another thing....you better lose the personal insults towards people you interact with because you'll be back bagging groceries, my young friend. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 14 January 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#329 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

When all that happens, then you become an officer which not everyone becomes. This is not a guarantee job. You can score high on the written, take the physical and psychological et all, you're still not guaranteed getting a job and that's where your education or the hiring practices are going to make or break you. 

You did the same thing snot nose did. I didn't mean take the written after the academy literally. I didn't say "THEN take the written", i just said it together not in context one after another.

And another thing....you better lose the personal insults towards people because you'll be back bagging groceries, my friend.

oh really ill be back bagging groceries? lol i never worked for minimum wage a day in my life "my friend" ... i currently own my own business which i intend to keep as well .. but thanks
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#330 American_Psycho

American_Psycho

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

grandpa_e3efae_976974.gif

#331 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

And another thing....you better lose the personal insults towards people you interact with because you'll be back bagging groceries, my young friend.

and you know what im just going to come out and be the bigger person here, im sorry for arguing with you.. its not worth the time and energy that ive wasted doing it. we are all devils fans here to discuss the team etc.. not a bunch of bs that does not matter one way or the other. hope you enjoy the rest of the season.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#332 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

and you know what im just going to come out and be the bigger person here, im sorry for arguing with you.. its not worth the time and energy that ive wasted doing it. we are all devils fans here to discuss the team etc.. not a bunch of bs that does not matter one way or the other. hope you enjoy the rest of the season.

Agreed. Apology accepted, please accept mine as well. Good luck to you as well.

#333 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

wow.. this doesnt sound like attendance talk.. but since everyone thinks they know everything ill tell you exactly how it is .. i do not have a college degree and i start the academy in 20 days.. you in fact do not need a college degree to get a job as a police officer.. and no i dont have any military background either.

congrats and good luck!

#334 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

congrats and good luck!

thanks dmann!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#335 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

My girlfriend's a police officer and the requirement is black and white, you only need 60 credits/Associates Degree. She was actually upset at how many kids in the academy only fulfilled the 60-credit minimum, because she busted her ass to get her Bachelors Degree by age 21 and felt that a lot of kids in the Academy were a step behind. She's in NYPD by the way, you'd be surprised by how many ghetto kids end up in the Academy.

One thing more education does play a role in will probably be more obvious later in her career, when she wants to be a detective or get into criminal psychiatry. Obviously, that's where they start to take into account everyone's education level and weed people out.

wow.. this doesnt sound like attendance talk.. but since everyone thinks they know everything ill tell you exactly how it is .. i do not have a college degree and i start the academy in 20 days.. you in fact do not need a college degree to get a job as a police officer.. and no i dont have any military background either.

Good luck!

Edited by DJ Eco, 15 January 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#336 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

My girlfriend's a police officer and the requirement is black and white, you only need 60 credits/Associates Degree. She was actually upset at how many kids in the academy only fulfilled the 60-credit minimum, because she busted her ass to get her Bachelors Degree by age 21 and felt that a lot of kids in the Academy were a step behind. She's in NYPD by the way, you'd be surprised by how many ghetto kids end up in the Academy.

One thing more education does play a role in will probably be more obvious later in her career, when she wants to be a detective or get into criminal psychiatry. Obviously, that's where they start to take into account everyone's education level and weed people out.

Good luck!

thanks brotha.. yea the nypd only requires 60 credits which can be obtained by almost some what working the system so to say.. if you have atleast 15 credits of your own you can take (which you have to pay for) these life skill classes which they will credit you the other 45 remaining credits that they "require" you to have to make a total of 60... so realistically you dont even end up needing 60 "real" college credits.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#337 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

thanks brotha.. yea the nypd only requires 60 credits which can be obtained by almost some what working the system so to say.. if you have atleast 15 credits of your own you can take (which you have to pay for) these life skill classes which they will credit you the other 45 remaining credits that they "require" you to have to make a total of 60... so realistically you dont even end up needing 60 "real" college credits.

Yep! Sounds like what my girlfriend was explaining to me. There were a few people in her company that she complained about who really played the system but were able to become cops.

#338 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Sik02gt good luck

How did this conversation get into the attendance thread I didn't follow it back beyond last page.

#339 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

2,000 tonight

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#340 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

11,432 for the paid attendance number.

2,000 for the actual number of people in the building.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users