484 replies to this topic

#41 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

What the hell would they want to move the team for when they own the arena they play in?? Are they gonna move the building with them? We drew 14.000 vs. the Rags in November of 2005 at the dump. This isn't something new.

Yea but every game at the Rock vs the Rags has sold out.  There's no reason whatsoever for last night's game not to sellout.

did you count them all one by one or you just know these things so accurately?

It's just a rough guestimate.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#42 chealion313

chealion313

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

There are always club seats available on StubHub, particularly the entire first row behind the visitors bench.  The prices are slightly lower a few days prior to game day, but most people still can't afford to pay that much, so those seats will almost always be empty.

#43 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

There are always club seats available on StubHub, particularly the entire first row behind the visitors bench. The prices are slightly lower a few days prior to game day, but most people still can't afford to pay that much, so those seats will almost always be empty.

are you saying the devils arw scalping thier own seats on stubhub? otherwise, thise seats are sold and I am unsure what point you are trying to make.

#44 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Are you referring to the Fire and Ice Lounge seats? Like I said, people watch from the bars mostly. Yea it looks bad on tv, but that's what happens.

Yes. Those are the club seats. And I've sat there a bunch of times and there are usually no more than 20 people sitting in the bar area or the ledges behind the last row of seats at the games I've been to in the middle of a period. During the intermissions and before the game, the bar/ seating area is packed.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 20 October 2013 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image

#45 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yes. Those are the club seats. And I've sat there a bunch of times and there are usually no more than 20 people sitting in the bar area or the ledges behind the last row of seats at the games I've been to in the middle of a period. During the intermissions and before the game, the bar/ seating area is packed.

I have a feeling a lot of the people who can afford those tickets regularly also don't go to all the games.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#46 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Theyre not moving the team. There was some paranoia in Philly that the Sixers were going to come here with Harris. Hey, with their attendance and that dump of a building, who would blame him?

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#47 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

But the attendance is a little concerning. After how packed the place was last year, im pretty excited to see what its going to look like when theyre competitve again.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#48 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

Thing is the club seats were the sections that were always sold out since the arena opened. It was an accomplishment JVB always seemed to mention. I assume its that way again this season. So if the arena was packed the way it usually is, why isn't 17,625 an accurate number?

#49 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Didnt read anything in this thread. But the new owners have added 72 seats that I know of. (1 new row, for 18 seats, in sections 7, 9, 18, 20) So the new sell out number should be 17,697, right?

Devils.

#50 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Rangers haven't had a home game yet, so lots of pent up demand.

Yeah, but we've only had 1 home game so far, this being our second. Not like there's been 4 home games already and people didn't feel bad selling their STH on StubHub to some sucker Rangers fan for some good loot. I wish there weren't so many Devils fans selling their tickets to these games. I know they did because additional tickets weren't available for this game for the past few weeks, not even looking under my STH account. There was only the odd single seat here and there, meaning hundreds or thousands of Devils fans had no qualms selling their SECOND home game of the season versus our bitter rivals on Saturday no less, for a little extra cash... Pathetic..

Edited by DJ Eco, 21 October 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#51 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Didnt read anything in this thread. But the new owners have added 72 seats that I know of. (1 new row, for 18 seats, in sections 7, 9, 18, 20) So the new sell out number should be 17,697, right?

What?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

What?

17625 + 72 = 17697 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 21 October 2013 - 02:43 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#53 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, but we've only had 1 home game so far, this being our second. Not like there's been 4 home games already and people didn't feel bad selling their STH on StubHub to some sucker Rangers fan for some good loot. I wish there weren't so many Devils fans selling their tickets to these games. I know they did because additional tickets weren't available for this game for the past few weeks, not even looking under my STH account. There was only the odd single seat here and there, meaning hundreds or thousands of Devils fans had no qualms selling their SECOND home game of the season versus our bitter rivals on Saturday no less, for a little extra cash... Pathetic..

If someone doesn't feel like going and can sell their seats for 3 times what they paid for them, why is that pathetic?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#54 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Could it be as simple as, they sold every non-club seat in the house, but only 16,592 tickets were scanned in?  

So it is, financially, a sellout, but it wasn't a full house.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#55 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

17625 + 72 = 17697 

Thanks.

But I was questioning where he heard that we added seats.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#56 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Could it be as simple as, they sold every non-club seat in the house, but only 16,592 tickets were scanned in?  

So it is, financially, a sellout, but it wasn't a full house.

I think every arena should just use the scanned ticket number as their attendance number.  The fact every arena uses a different method of reporting their attendance number always bothered me.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#57 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Thanks.

But I was questioning where he heard that we added seats.

His source is....he works there.

Posted Image

#58 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

If someone doesn't feel like going and can sell their seats for 3 times what they paid for them, why is that pathetic?

Because at least 5000 people "didn't feel like going" to the second home game of the season on a Saturday evening.

#59 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Because at least 5000 people "didn't feel like going" to the second home game of the season on a Saturday evening.

Eh, the team was winless going into it and people make plans on Saturdays. I'm sure most people buy season tickets with the idea of selling a few off as the season goes.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#60 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

And what if that person couldn't afford the season tickets without selling tix to a couple Rags and Flyers games? That person isn't any less of a fan because if that's what they need to do to afford to see all the other games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users